Singapore Expats

Icon Hair Salon

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Jane Doe

Icon Hair Salon

Post by Jane Doe » Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:22 pm

Hi could someone share their experiences at this new Icon Hair Salon? Is it good, their skills at making over hair styles? Thanks

Trix

Post by Trix » Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:54 pm

Hi!

u mean the Icon salon at Isetan Wisma?? The shunji matsuo Icon?
If thats the one u are referring to, it is pretty good, look for shaun

Post by Guest » Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:14 am

I went for the lady japanese director at $68 per haircut last week. She had arrived Spore for barely 2 days then. Initially we had some communication problems. Couldn't really elaborate my needs as I was struggling to get my basic needs across to her. She eventually got the drift, and did what I wanted. I liked her technique in cutting. Felt I was getting a real japanese haircut. Would have been perfect if communications wasn't a barrier and if she could have articulated more suggestions to various possible styles and perms.

Jane Doe

Post by Jane Doe » Thu, 09 Dec 2004 8:25 pm

oh ok thanks for sharing.. i think i wanna go have a hair cut there.. wanna change my hairstyle.. anybody knows how much issit for a cut? the peeps there will reccomend a hair do to suit us rite?

icon by shunji matsuo

Post by Guest » Tue, 14 Dec 2004 2:29 pm

haircuts start from $30 and they specialize in japanese styles
i just googled icon wisma and two news articles come up on it
i'm thinking of trying it out too cos it's much cheaper than shunji matsuo!! :-P and my colleague just got her hair cut there and it looks pretty darn good.

Post by Guest » Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:11 pm

I think it all depends on the stylist to a certain degree. What I usually do is look at the hairdresser. If I like his sense of style and hairdo, I think I can trust him or her with mine. I would go back again to the Japanese lady called Chie.

Post by Guest » Mon, 20 Dec 2004 9:09 pm

Is this salon recommmended?

Pinkie

Hair Reborning

Post by Pinkie » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 9:36 pm

Hi,

any one know what the rate for hair reborning in the salon?

poor me

ICON AT WISMA SUCKS!!

Post by poor me » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:23 pm

icon saloon sucks.. my hair is ruin by them and it cost 400+.. thou they want to help me redo, i really hv no confidence in them..

huaymei

Post by huaymei » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 5:23 pm

So, did anyone did ceremic or digital perming at ICON?? Any stylist to recommend?? Can I have the contact number for ICON?? I am thinking of doing a perm there??

lala888

Post by lala888 » Sat, 14 Apr 2007 1:49 am

Hihi..Trix, u mention that shaun at icon wisma isetan is good. How does he look like?

Fair? black hair? brown hair?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 14 Apr 2007 9:05 am

lala888 wrote:Hihi..Trix, u mention that shaun at icon wisma isetan is good. How does he look like?

He's a hair stylist for craps sake! What does it matter "How does he look like?" aside from your atrocious English, Just ask for the guy by name. :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Post by HunBunny80 » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 4:03 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
lala888 wrote:Hihi..Trix, u mention that shaun at icon wisma isetan is good. How does he look like?

He's a hair stylist for craps sake! What does it matter "How does he look like?" aside from your atrocious English, Just ask for the guy by name. :???:
LOL. My English isn't good either. :o Please don't correct me. :mad:

mounchic

Re: ICON AT WISMA SUCKS!!

Post by mounchic » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:05 pm

poor me wrote:icon saloon sucks.. my hair is ruin by them and it cost 400+.. thou they want to help me redo, i really hv no confidence in them..
hi Poor Me,
which sylist did you go to? let us know so we dont go back to the same person

mounchic

Post by mounchic » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:09 pm

i went to ICON at century square(or was it tampines mall...?) i kinda like it. they usually layer the hair (as with japanese hairstlyes). at least thats for guys, not too sure about how they do it for girls.