Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
feistynOt

Post by feistynOt » Wed, 09 May 2007 11:40 am

jencrs wrote:I was just speaking to a friend who used to work in the cabin crew recruit department a couple of years ago. He tells me that while he was there, the cut off age for female cabin crew candidates is 26, unless she has prior experience. Prior experience includes that from another airline, or a mother coming back after giving birth etc. This was the standard practice, even though it's not in black and white.

Many people will probably know someone (maybe an instructor) who knows someone else from another course who was 27 or older and was accepted without prior experience, but let's not go there. Does anyone personally know somebody who has bucked the trend recently?
My fren got in last year, she was 29 then. SIA used to take in 18-25 yrs of age for gerls, and 21-28yrs old for guys (if i'm not wrong). But that's oredi history! I think the bottomline is if u've wht it takes, and u still look good, it's ok. But i'm not too sure abt the qualification part though... Anyone who noes of anybody who got selected, say with 3 O's or sumthing?

feistynOt

Post by feistynOt » Thu, 10 May 2007 12:15 am

feistynOt wrote:
jencrs wrote:I was just speaking to a friend who used to work in the cabin crew recruit department a couple of years ago. He tells me that while he was there, the cut off age for female cabin crew candidates is 26, unless she has prior experience. Prior experience includes that from another airline, or a mother coming back after giving birth etc. This was the standard practice, even though it's not in black and white.

Many people will probably know someone (maybe an instructor) who knows someone else from another course who was 27 or older and was accepted without prior experience, but let's not go there. Does anyone personally know somebody who has bucked the trend recently?
My fren got in last year, she was 29 then. SIA used to take in 18-25 yrs of age for gerls, and 21-28yrs old for guys (if i'm not wrong). But that's oredi history! I think the bottomline is if u've wht it takes, and u still look good, it's ok. But i'm not too sure abt the qualification part though... Anyone who noes of anybody who got selected, say with 3 O's or sumthing?
i forgot to mention: that galfren of mine who got in had NO flying experience. :)

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Thu, 10 May 2007 12:39 am

Hi M,

Ya...kinda dun think there is such a special "scheme"...just hoping...

Hey ntyj! i agree with you!!! i'll rather feel safer with guys with a stronger or bigger built...

you guys are right...the FS that i see are all kinda "petite" (guy sense), not the hunk hunk macho macho type. haha. wonder who was the one who wanted the FS to be of this certain kind..

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Thu, 10 May 2007 1:42 am

Thanks feistynOt and ntyj, that's useful to know.

bLiss_

Post by bLiss_ » Thu, 10 May 2007 3:18 am

Hello ppl! I passed thru all the SIA interviews and will be commencing my training on the 24th May. I've been reading this forum alot, and it really helps! Just wanna drop by to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed here. Thanks ppl =) and to all of you who is going to give it a try, all the best! Be confident and smile alot =) dont worry about your body size, as i'm quite big-boned and i got lucky! Btw,anyone starting training on the 24th May? i'm from KL and it will be great if someone can show me around..hehe

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Thu, 10 May 2007 8:35 pm

Hi M, can I ask you a question? I have passed my final interview but they put my application on pending, the interviewers want me to polish up my pronunciation by taking up the english course, after that submit to them the cert few months later for them to review my application again without going through all the interviews. Can I ask how high is the chance to get in after submitting the english course cert?

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Thu, 10 May 2007 11:53 pm

Congrats bLiss_!
i'm sure you'll make a wonderful SQ girl. Have fun! :kiss:

melissa chow

Post by melissa chow » Fri, 11 May 2007 12:42 am

Hi guys,I'm new here,and I plan to apply for SIA flight attendant.

Since there are so many people got helped through information from this forum,I also want to ask few questions:

1.What are the steps in the interview?

2.Is it true that there is a role play?

3.My english is not so fluent but not bad also,is it accepted?

4.What kind of questions that usually being asked?

5.What usually the reasons for not being accepted?

Thank you all for your help :)
Mel

NS~KBH

Post by NS~KBH » Fri, 11 May 2007 1:31 am

melissa chow wrote:Hi guys,I'm new here,and I plan to apply for SIA flight attendant.

Since there are so many people got helped through information from this forum,I also want to ask few questions:

1.What are the steps in the interview?

2.Is it true that there is a role play?

3.My english is not so fluent but not bad also,is it accepted?

4.What kind of questions that usually being asked?

5.What usually the reasons for not being accepted?

Thank you all for your help :)
I can fully understand your post, so that means your english is fluent. :)
KBH (Official Crap Poster)
Don\'t anyhow quote me!

~I want to be a university professor~

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Fri, 11 May 2007 1:33 am

feistynOt wrote:
feistynOt wrote:

i forgot to mention: that galfren of mine who got in had NO flying experience. :)
yeah man..
so it all boils down to hw one present themselves on that very day...

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Fri, 11 May 2007 1:47 am

hello m and 12345..

my bf got thru.. =p
only 3 out of 25 guys got axed...
im so happy now but worried for the mgmt..haha

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Fri, 11 May 2007 9:22 am

Hi all,

Anyone know when is SIA next walk in interview in singapore?

Thank you

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Fri, 11 May 2007 1:58 pm

Greenlife wrote:Hi all,

Anyone know when is SIA next walk in interview in singapore?

Thank you
Dear Greenlife,

It is estimated to be in June/July. Dates will be posted here once they announce recruitment. So keep a watch on the forum. :)
★ abnegation; self denial

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Sat, 12 May 2007 12:46 am

ntyj wrote:hello m and 12345..

my bf got thru.. =p
only 3 out of 25 guys got axed...
im so happy now but worried for the mgmt..haha
Hi ntyj! Congrats to the both of u!!! :D I'm sure both of u r pretty happy and excited now. Hehe...

So when's his mgt? :)

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Sat, 12 May 2007 12:52 am

Hi M, can I ask you a question? I have passed my final interview but they put my application on pending, the interviewers want me to polish up my pronunciation by taking up the english course, after that submit to them the cert few months later for them to review my application again without going through all the interviews. Can I ask how high is the chance to get in after submitting the english course cert?