Singapore Expats

Qatar Airways recuitment on 25th of March

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Fri, 04 May 2007 3:54 pm

septemberrr wrote:now i think i understand why some people do go insane. qatarbabe...... luggage..how many did u brought over the other time?

gosh.. sg-doha takes about 8hrs... thats my first flight tts more than 5 hrs! heee... r we allowed to walk about in the plane? is there any case where some economy passengers get upgraded to biz class if biz class has empty seats?

*wishes*

omg omg im gonna remove my wisdom tooth tmrrrrrrrrrrrr...... z and one more next week........
ya.. and ONE more week i hardly get e chance to see u. :cry:
Can i fly higher than a bird?

septemberrr
Regular
Regular

Post by septemberrr » Sat, 05 May 2007 9:35 pm

sigh sigh sigh... im going to be sooooo pitiful over there.... i wont last 2 mins as a cabin crew........... :(

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Sun, 06 May 2007 12:14 am

We do have MAC here in DOHA .. so no worries .. We carry alot more of the european type brands so you can relax.

As for nail polish, anything that goes with maroon is fine .. but to be honest, most of us tend to go for clear colour polish .. once you start flying and working in the galley, you'd be more worried about chipped nails etc..

We do have nail salons and hair salons here but can be a little bit more expensive .. (i say that because seeing how we fly to Manila and Cebu and these are sooo much cheaper there.. hehe)

Beds are super single .. frankly, you can buy the sheets in Doha .. no need to bring so much things there la ..

So all prepared? Hehehe ..

sploosh_babe

Post by sploosh_babe » Sun, 06 May 2007 12:16 am

septemberrr wrote:sigh sigh sigh... im going to be sooooo pitiful over there.... i wont last 2 mins as a cabin crew........... :(
No worries.. You definitely can have a long career as a Cabin Crew.. Don't put yourself down because of some casual remarks.. Have trust and faith in what you are doing... You can do it...!!

GO GAL!! :lol:

septemberrr
Regular
Regular

Post by septemberrr » Sun, 06 May 2007 12:20 am

I LOVE U QATARBABE :love: I got my wisdom teeth extracted, bought spanking new luggages, packed my stuff, and meeting all my friends up. Is it gonna be very cold at night during summer?

senzen: they bluff us.. the employment letter says to bring double-bed-SIZED bedsheets...

splooshbabe: :love: :king:

senzen

Post by senzen » Sun, 06 May 2007 2:29 am

How about during the initial 7 weeks training? Do you go out for your meals or stay in the accomodation? Seriously, after hearing so much about how the men in Doha "visually" molesting women there, i'm a bit scared to go out. Septemberrr... we must go out in a group and take care of one another ok? Yah, and kelly too.

Thanks Qatarbabe! For your info.

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Sun, 06 May 2007 10:21 am

sploosh_babe wrote:
septemberrr wrote:sigh sigh sigh... im going to be sooooo pitiful over there.... i wont last 2 mins as a cabin crew........... :(
No worries.. You definitely can have a long career as a Cabin Crew.. Don't put yourself down because of some casual remarks.. Have trust and faith in what you are doing... You can do it...!!

GO GAL!! :lol:
ya... if u cant, den y Qatar wan u? rite? haha...

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Sun, 06 May 2007 10:25 am

septemberrr wrote:I LOVE U QATARBABE :love: I got my wisdom teeth extracted, bought spanking new luggages, packed my stuff, and meeting all my friends up. Is it gonna be very cold at night during summer?

senzen: they bluff us.. the employment letter says to bring double-bed-SIZED bedsheets...

splooshbabe: :love: :king:
haha.. i think they noe u got no time to wash ur bedsheet. so they ask u to bring queen size. queen size = dbl size of single. u'll use e 1st 1/2 of e queen size bedsheet first, den dirty liao use another half. both sides whole bedsheet dirty, can go wash liao. so .... 1 bedsheet can use 2 times. isnt a gd idea. lolx..
omg! yucks.. im so dirty. :lol: jokin only ya. :P

septemberrr
Regular
Regular

Post by septemberrr » Sun, 06 May 2007 8:53 pm

senzen: dont worry. as long as we cover ourselves well, dont wear provocative clothings, and stay together as a group outside, im pretty sure we'll be safe.

yes!! we must stick by each other! i believe we'll make more friends during training as well and go out together. do u know how to cook? hows ur preparation so far? for me, 7788.. call u sometime this wk!!

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Mon, 07 May 2007 10:06 am

Cold? Who you kidding man ? Haha.. It'll get damn cold in the winter time though coz our homes do not hve heat generators. I bought my own when it was nearing winter (cheaper then).. But in the summer, i think you'd actually wanna sleep in the nude (oops.. hehe) just to get any bit of cool air .. but no la, we do hve air - conditioning. Just pray that yours never breaks down at the wrong time . :wink:

My flatmate and I loved to cook, so we usually go to like the supermarket, buy ALOT of food and cook everday. Save $ also. And we have like group dinners together at home so it helps to build a little "family" .. But once we started flying, well it got a lot more difficult to cook, but then .. good thing about doha is that they have delivery services.. go get like the menus from some of the shops here.. close to your home .. then anytime u hungry but lazy, u can simply call them to deliver. even the local stores here deliver stuff like top up cards for ur mobile phone, phone cards, milk etc.. its a very lazy country. :)

Going out on the weekend (thurs nite / friday) should be done. Trust me, it does help to relief some stress.. even if its not clubbing, go shopping or something.. and explore Doha .. its quite an experience. :)

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Mon, 07 May 2007 3:27 pm

woow~ wat a gd service which SG doesnt hv it. hehe... ya. its real gd esp when u're very hungry but tired.

erm~ so u do shoppin to relif ur stress? btw, if there any pubs or nite sports places? :?

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Mon, 07 May 2007 11:48 pm

There are some pubs here.. You would probably go rather often when you first settle down here, but ... once you've worked here long enough, every time u head down to the club, you see the SAME OLD PEOPLE .. that after awhile .. well, if you're single .. you know .. fresh blood is always good .. hehe..

but then .. when u do start making really good friends here, things are different, it don't matter which club is more happening, as long as all of you are spending time together, thats all that matters.

for those coming over soon. frankly, as much as its always good to have your fellow singaporeans around, don't limit yourself. you'd be amazed at what you can learn from different people, different cultures.. my best friend is romanian and even though they are really tough cookies to handle, but once you understand their backgrd, you do learn to hve respect for them .. and there's so much you can learn. We've got it really easy in Singapore.. Some of the other nationalities ain't so lucky, but when you see how well (some of them) they carry themselves, and the positive attitude and the independent streak and their survival instincts.. trust me... its pretty inspirational . :)

As screwed up as QR may sound to alot of people, if you learn how to gain positive experiences from all the silly bad ones that happen around you, you'll never wanna leave. :) I'm still here. I miss Singapore, I will forever be Singaporean. But, my adventure hasn't ended coz there's soo much more out there to explore and learn . :)

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Tue, 08 May 2007 10:42 am

ic. agree. some gd frenz with u, they can brighten ur days no matter where u're.

cutiebabe

Post by cutiebabe » Sun, 27 May 2007 9:04 pm

sep..

where r u...i'm here already...

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Post by lindyhoppe » Mon, 28 May 2007 11:42 pm

Hey girls, it's been interesting to read what you all are going thru...
so how have your first few days at Qatar been like, cutiebabe? :) hope all is smooth is fine for you!
cutiebabe wrote:sep..

where r u...i'm here already...