Singapore Expats

QATAR AIRWAYS RECRUITMENT ON 5th MAY 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavot

Post by Plavot » Thu, 03 May 2007 8:44 am

8-) Application Closed 8-)

The next recruitment will be in another 2 to 3 months time.
One has to look out for engineers--
they begin with sewing machines and
end up with the atomic bomb.

Marcel Pagnol.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Thu, 03 May 2007 9:51 am

maybe you are right about that. maybe they keep my records
for reference. though i did went to apply online. but just apply for
halfway. because when i saw that need to attach photos then can
be accepted. thats why i didnt attach my photo. thought of doing it
other day when i bring my photos to office and send.

but who know i get to receive their invitation letter too. actually was
quite surprise and happy for me.
DinG DonG BeLL wrote:
chai ching wrote:Hi Wendily,

Haha.... couldnt be. Cuz i also see quite a lot of peoples also send in their
online application form. But i only know that i didnt even apply for it.
So how can i get to receive their invitation letter too? So strange. I only
know that i dont even send in my passport and full lenght photo.

Yup you are right. Thats your spirit. With your determination, i believe that
you can also get in too. Cant miss out this good chance anymore. If not,
have to wait for another two months to advertise and recruit again.
Its easy ans simple.

Just wear formal or business attire. Then follow by your skin tone stockings to match with your clothes. Do you have a jacket, knee lenght skirt and blouse? If you have, then can able to match with the stockings.
did u ever apply for it b4..? mayb they keep ur previous application till nw. so they will send out invitation to u. coz dun think they will go search for ur email & send it out even if u nv apply b4.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Thu, 03 May 2007 10:21 am

of course you still can walk in for the interivew. anyway its a open day walk in interview. not neccessary for you to submit and apply online for their application form. that depend on you whether you choose to apply online or walk in.
EsteeoO wrote:can just do a walk in or not? kinda lazy to send application in..must write resume again -_-

Plavot

Post by Plavot » Thu, 03 May 2007 10:41 am

Are you sure you can just walk in?

My friend did that for the previous recruitment without any invitation letter and after she watched the video, they measured her height and weight then asked her to go home.

They said they will call her or email her but never did.

Her other friend who went there with the invitation email had an interview by the Qatar staff after taking her height and weight.

They also were made to sit in different sides of the room. One side will go home while the other side will stay for the interview. I think they had different colour stickers too.
One has to look out for engineers--
they begin with sewing machines and
end up with the atomic bomb.

Marcel Pagnol.

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Thu, 03 May 2007 11:55 am

Plavot wrote:Are you sure you can just walk in?

My friend did that for the previous recruitment without any invitation letter and after she watched the video, they measured her height and weight then asked her to go home.

Her other friend who went there with the invitation email had an interview by the Qatar staff after taking her height and weight.

They also were made to sit in different sides of the room. One side will go home while the other side will stay for the interview. I think they had different colour stickers too.
omg. realli? in tat case, im gonna print e email nw. if not im waitin in e "bye bye" waitin room. haha...
Can i fly higher than a bird?

meLyana

Post by meLyana » Thu, 03 May 2007 1:31 pm

hmm.. for what i know those without the invitation are also welcome..

i went for the previous recruitment, without the invitation and hence was call up for the 2nd interview which is the height n weight taking.. then the group session.

there will be only video cum powerpoint presentation, QnA, pass them the resume and some short questions that they will ask.

so those without the invitations.. dont worry. they wont be asking the invitation letter on that day.. :D

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Thu, 03 May 2007 1:57 pm

yup im absolutely sure that can walk in. it also advertise in papers.
so can walk in
Plavot wrote:Are you sure you can just walk in?

leen73

Post by leen73 » Thu, 03 May 2007 5:13 pm

???

leen73

sorry for the blank message above

Post by leen73 » Thu, 03 May 2007 5:18 pm

Hi,

Anyone wanna share their experiences?

I am only able to leave my current company this year, august. Should i go for the interview first?

wendily

Post by wendily » Thu, 03 May 2007 7:07 pm

YUp Yup.. you should try for the interview...

I'm sure they can work something out for you...

chomelodie

Post by chomelodie » Thu, 03 May 2007 8:18 pm

omg............. its not fair cos i did apply on9 2 mths back but never got any invitation from them!! is it cos i submitted my application b4 they even posted the open day ad??

Can really just walk in like tat??

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Thu, 03 May 2007 9:56 pm

chomelodie wrote:omg............. its not fair cos i did apply on9 2 mths back but never got any invitation from them!! is it cos i submitted my application b4 they even posted the open day ad??

Can really just walk in like tat??
juz walk in. no worries. but pls do wear biz attire (knee length skirt & jacket) to hv a higher chance. :)
Can i fly higher than a bird?

PrincessQatar

Post by PrincessQatar » Thu, 03 May 2007 10:01 pm

:shock: Just do a WALK IN and it's fine coz it's an OPEN DAY..i am sure they have advertised it in Straits Times too coz that's how i got to know abt the interview way back..
BTW..first impression counts..When they are taking ure height and weight try to make a small conversation dun just stand there like a dummy.Have that friendly approach with a smile PASTED on ure face..btw,they really can recognise u or remember u..coz when i reapplied for the 2 nd time Sophia this lady that did the interview then actually remembered me!shocking but honoured!heehee...
Be neat..Bun up ure hair,MAKE UP IS A MUST..dun go with just lipstick.The min they see u..they'll try to picture u in the uniform so pls,have ure shower,smelling nice with make up..not to the extend looking like an OPERA singer!!GOOD LUCK ya all....

leen73

Who going, wanna meet up together

Post by leen73 » Thu, 03 May 2007 10:25 pm

Hi Wendily,

Thanks for the encouragement. Was thinking to just go ahead and try. Beside it is just an interview. I shoudl go and enjoy the process instead of been worried. :D You be gg for the interview too?

Anyone interested to meet up first and go together, was thinking it might help at least when we can be there for each other when it comes to encouragement (lolz)

Aside to Princess Qatar, seen from your previous posts that you love your job, how is the standard living there at DOHA, heard from friends that standard of living is so high that you be spending practically all your pay on your living expenses!!!!!... hahaha

PrincessQatar

Re: Who going, wanna meet up together

Post by PrincessQatar » Fri, 04 May 2007 4:43 am

leen73 wrote:Hi Wendily,
Aside to Princess Qatar, seen from your previous posts that you love your job, how is the standard living there at DOHA, heard from friends that standard of living is so high that you be spending practically all your pay on your living expenses!!!!!... hahaha
Well..yeah the cost of living in Doha is increasing that is why the company has increased our salary.Well i don't go out that much in Doha.Nothing much to spend on anyway..It's more like during layovers that i tend to spend so not much to comment on the cost of living in Doha...condition of living in Doha now is pretty bad.Traffic wise..