Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Monique

Post by Monique » Wed, 02 May 2007 11:52 pm

Hi,

I'm from Malaysia.I just send an application through email for the KL interview.The closing date is 5th of May.Did anyone know,how long would it take to get to know whether I've been shortlisted for the interview?This is my first time applying to be an FA.I'm worry that I won't even be shortlisted for the interview.

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Thu, 03 May 2007 12:02 am

CelT wrote:Hello people,

I have been reading the forum for quite some time & the information provided is really useful.

I am aware the latest SIA recruitment date is on the 21st & 22nd April 2007. Anyone knows when is the NEXT one ?

What can be the reason for rejection in the water confidence test if everything seems fine during the test ?

Is being underweight an issue ?like 163.5cm to 43.5kg ?

Thank you! :D
The lady did mention that the next recruitment is around June/July. You can keep a look out on this forum. Once there's news of recruitment, someone will definately post it up.

Either you panicked during the WCT or you didn't pass the skin test.

Don't worry, I'm standing at 163CM, weighing 40KG and I've made it to management so I reckon as long as you look fine, they're okay.
Last edited by abnegation on Thu, 03 May 2007 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
★ abnegation; self denial

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Thu, 03 May 2007 12:07 am

aezl wrote:Hi, I've a few questions to ask..

1. Are the tests like water confident test, mgt test all on weekends? What happen if i'm working and cant make it?

2. Is training straight away after mgt test or is there a mth gap or sth?

3. What happens if i manage to pass mgt test but i cant go for training immediately cause i'm still working?

4. Is training daily or..?

5. There's still a chance of being kick out during training rite?

6. Is height 1.65 weight 65 too big size to join?

7. Is there anyone who pass all the tests once through? usually how many retakes do u guys take to pass through all tests?
Thank you very much for answering my questions=)
1. All the tests are on weekdays except for the 1st round that is usually held at a hotel on Saturday and Sunday. They will give you a few dates to choose from so don't worry.

2. It depends on your date of availiability and they will inform you.

3. Then again, don't worry. They will schedule your training according to your date of availiability.

4. Training is from Mondays to Fridays. Heard that you have to go back on some Saturdays.

5. Well, that's if you screw up badly I suppose.

6. As long you look fine and your BMI is not above 22, it should be okay.

7. Yes, I have friends who get through everything on their first try. It varies with different people.

:)

eanswallow

Post by eanswallow » Thu, 03 May 2007 1:15 am

heard that SIA stewardess need to put on the red color nail polish is it true???
is it a must to put it on??? i din like to put nail polish.... :roll:

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Thu, 03 May 2007 1:27 am

eanswallow wrote:heard that SIA stewardess need to put on the red color nail polish is it true???
is it a must to put it on??? i din like to put nail polish.... :roll:
Yes eanswallow. It's standard. There's a standard makeup too.

aezl

Post by aezl » Thu, 03 May 2007 10:11 am

abnegation wrote:
aezl wrote:Hi, I've a few questions to ask..

1. Are the tests like water confident test, mgt test all on weekends? What happen if i'm working and cant make it?

2. Is training straight away after mgt test or is there a mth gap or sth?

3. What happens if i manage to pass mgt test but i cant go for training immediately cause i'm still working?

4. Is training daily or..?

5. There's still a chance of being kick out during training rite?

6. Is height 1.65 weight 65 too big size to join?

7. Is there anyone who pass all the tests once through? usually how many retakes do u guys take to pass through all tests?
Thank you very much for answering my questions=)
1. All the tests are on weekdays except for the 1st round that is usually held at a hotel on Saturday and Sunday. They will give you a few dates to choose from so don't worry.

2. It depends on your date of availiability and they will inform you.

3. Then again, don't worry. They will schedule your training according to your date of availiability.

4. Training is from Mondays to Fridays. Heard that you have to go back on some Saturdays.

5. Well, that's if you screw up badly I suppose.

6. As long you look fine and your BMI is not above 22, it should be okay.

7. Yes, I have friends who get through everything on their first try. It varies with different people.

:)

wow. your awesome! thanks for replying all =) so that means i could still go for the interview although i'm working??

another Q.. do they count your age by DOB or by the year? for example, as today's date, if i'm born in dec 1987, i'm still 19.. but if they count the age by year 1987, i'm 20!.. anyone any idea? Thanks =))))

UrsulaJoan

Post by UrsulaJoan » Thu, 03 May 2007 10:58 am

Hi All!

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 03 May 2007 11:15 am

Thanks for replying :D

Is age a big concern to SIA? I have friends who are 26 this year, but look young ( say 22 ). Will they reject you because you are older than the other candidates ?

what do they look out during skin test in water confidence test ?

Thanks people! :lol:
.CEL.

UrsulaJoan

Post by UrsulaJoan » Thu, 03 May 2007 11:56 am

Hi all! Hello abnegation, tinkerbelle, ntyj, buzzybeebee, Dreamer Intrinsic, the knees, Xmischax!

I have been reading this forum for several months already, but it is only recently that I have decided to register. Haha.

I'm really impressed by all the determination by you guys, and you have the "Never say die" attitude! *Impressed* Think you guys are really nice to encourage all to keep up the positive attitude in this forum for those who are inspiring to become FAs.

It is very discouraging for someone to go for the interview and be rejected, esp for the management round. Therefore, I must say that I am impressed with those who have the determination to go for the interviews again after rejection. (Can't say that for myself, though. Haha.)

After reading the posts of those who made it through and are undergoing training, I feel very happy for them!

Just my two cent's worth. :D

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Thu, 03 May 2007 4:18 pm

aezl wrote: wow. your awesome! thanks for replying all =) so that means i could still go for the interview although i'm working??

another Q.. do they count your age by DOB or by the year? for example, as today's date, if i'm born in dec 1987, i'm still 19.. but if they count the age by year 1987, i'm 20!.. anyone any idea? Thanks =))))
Yes of course you can. Just state your DOA. Eh, i THINK it's by the year. Not too sure either. :)

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Thu, 03 May 2007 4:20 pm

UrsulaJoan wrote:Hi all! Hello abnegation, tinkerbelle, ntyj, buzzybeebee, Dreamer Intrinsic, the knees, Xmischax!

I have been reading this forum for several months already, but it is only recently that I have decided to register. Haha.

I'm really impressed by all the determination by you guys, and you have the "Never say die" attitude! *Impressed* Think you guys are really nice to encourage all to keep up the positive attitude in this forum for those who are inspiring to become FAs.

It is very discouraging for someone to go for the interview and be rejected, esp for the management round. Therefore, I must say that I am impressed with those who have the determination to go for the interviews again after rejection. (Can't say that for myself, though. Haha.)

After reading the posts of those who made it through and are undergoing training, I feel very happy for them!

Just my two cent's worth. :D
:D

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Thu, 03 May 2007 7:27 pm

buzzzybeebee wrote:Anyone knows if the employment contract with SIA is signed straight after the mgmt interview? After health check-up? Or after the Training?

*Assuming we pass all the interview rounds....

Hmm... Any kind soul to advise on this?? :)

jam and butter

Post by jam and butter » Thu, 03 May 2007 7:55 pm

hey Melissa, i have one chicken pox scar the size of a one cent coin on my face too and the interviews went alright for me... relax and you will do just fine! a few of my batchmates do not have perfect skin but the imperfections muz be covered with concealer during the interviews... good luck :D

xiangzhou_1984

Post by xiangzhou_1984 » Thu, 03 May 2007 8:06 pm

buzzzybeebee wrote:
buzzzybeebee wrote:Anyone knows if the employment contract with SIA is signed straight after the mgmt interview? After health check-up? Or after the Training?

*Assuming we pass all the interview rounds....

Hmm... Any kind soul to advise on this?? :)
It is signed after the results of the medical check up and before training. You will receive the contract in the mail.

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Thu, 03 May 2007 8:12 pm

xiangzhou_1984 wrote: It is signed after the results of the medical check up and before training. You will receive the contract in the mail.
Oh ic... then is the medical check-up straight after the mgmt interview on the same day? Or issit scheduled on another day to come back for the medical check-up?