Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:26 pm

i don't understand..... after nose will change cheekbone and chin?! :o In fact after nose, most of us need to do chin to accomodate and balance up the new look. As for cheekbone.... if your cheekbone is protruding, it will still look protruding no matter how high your nose is....

/Jovin
suemei wrote:Hey tanjh ! thanks for your feedback too ! you and jovin have enlightened me ! Thanks a million to both of you !

Now i know what to do ... I guess I will go for my mose surgery 1st... den only i decide whether to do d shaving/cut on my cheekbones.. since tan said after the nose job, it might change the features like cheekbones and chins... glad to hear that !

If it's not much difference den i'll continue wid my old hairstyle ( long hair covering my side cheekbones ) ...

Ty both of you :kiss:
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:36 pm

When i'm typing this, someone from this forum (i'm not saying who) is lying on the operation threatre of Dr Chuang, to do her nose and eyes. Yes, Dr Chuang works till this wee hour. I met up with her before her op (since i'm scheduling myself to do mole removal laser surgery at the same time), and to be honest, i admit her courage and determination to go for something she really wants for her 21st birthday. Well, hope you likr your new look! (if you are reading this). And, hee hee, if possible, try to see a skin doctor to clear your acne, then you pretty pretty already.

Oh! I got nothing to do, so i scheduled myself for laser mole removal. My moles are those flat ones, who may be pigmentation due to my over-exposure of UV light because i was suntanning quite alot awhile ago. Here's an update of how it is, in case you are interested:

1) Not painful! Pain factor is only 1 out of 10, because burse applied anesthetic cream beforehand
2) the laser sounds like "piak! piak! piak!". Each mole needs about 5-10 "piak", and after that it will bleed a little.
3) bathing is ok, but no soaking bath tub.
4) unless your mole on your face really bothering you, if not don't do it. You won't like how you look for the first 7 days. I did my moles on my arm, chest, shoulder, but not the light brown ones on my face.

I just did it, so i don't know how will it be like 3-5 days after. Will update again!

/Jovin
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Tue, 01 May 2007 12:01 am

starzncupid

Can you recommend a maxfax in sg?

I went to dr. preecha in bangkok and he basically didn't like the look I was going for which is the sharp chiseled angular look- strong sharp jaw angles and "V" chin. So basically he si not doing. :(

Starncupid can I have your email?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: Dr. Vincent Yeow

Post by aadvark » Tue, 01 May 2007 12:33 am

Jang wrote:
Velvet_CK wrote:
Jang wrote: Hi velvet,

Juz wan to share with you that my colleuge have some procedure done by a Doctor whom is a personal friend of her's, why she go to her is Price is good! But you know what happen..... the procedure she had done result bad (stich on eyes), still when back for 2nd time revision surgery (under the knife)(for free ok!) Gone.... :cry: No return already, 1 eye big 1 eye small!

I'm not frightening you, and i believe the is ppl out there who also been throught.
Since you been considering to have your procedure done in korea I would say that will be a better choice.

Do Check out this website www.bkclinic.com/english
He's the best sergeon in korea, if you wan to know more PM me.

Cheer :)
Yo Jang, thanks for your recommendations and advices. Hanguk sarang imida? Your nick sounds korean to me.

All your posts are positive comments about BK clinic and best clinic in korea. Working for them? No offence.

BK clinic is setting up a clinic in Singapore, thus ur comments may come across to me subconsciencely as some PR publicity thingee. Please correct me..

Please enlighten me,

- Have you done any procedures with Dr Kim?
- Or at least, do you have any friends whom have done cosmetic surgery with Dr Kim?
- Have you or ur friends encounter or did procedures with other korean doctors to let you have the perception that Dr Kim BK is the best korean cosmetic surgeon?

If seriously, you can show me your before after pics (That's, if you have done PS with Dr kim), and if i love his beauty concept.... the first thing i will do is take loan from all the banks and let him 'knife' me to a SuperStar~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers~!
Hi velvet,

Me, no Hanguk salam. My opa is Hanguk salam and I am very frequent to Korea .

Yes, my boy friend is Dr. Kim’s good friend and yes we promote Dr.Kim on his behalf.

We are trying to introduce as many patients from Singaopre to Dr.Kim as possible.

Though there is remote possibility, Dr.Kim won’t set up clinic in Singapore so soon. He is so busy with his clinic in Seoul and Shanghai and he won’t have time for Singapore at this point.

And let’s face it, how many Singaporeans go for plastic surgery? No market..

No, I didn’t have any procedure done on me at all. I am a natural beauty, hehehe… A bit heavy, that’s all. :wink:

All I can tell you is that he is most popular plastic surgeon in Korea . Consumers are very smart, especially us gals.

And he made a few super stars. Though no guarantee, you maybe the next, hehehe…

Regards, :)
no market in singapore? a highly affluent society whose people are obsessed with looks? or a thread in this forum that has run up to 5807 posts and counting... a quick search will reveal many more such threads in local forums

haha, i hope u guys are not the ones doing market research for Dr Kim :D

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: hey

Post by aadvark » Tue, 01 May 2007 12:39 am

ahmeilover wrote:Hello advaark.. Did u see my post?[/i]
paiseh, been out this whole weekend, took leave today (30th april) to enjoy a long weekend :)

dbl eyelids is either stitching or cutting the eyelid to usually make the crease bigger

epicanthoplasty is to cut the epicanthal fold, which is usually found in asian eyes and make our eyes smaller

yup, 2 diff surgeries, doubt dr nara does epicanthoplasty, he more traditional type of surgeries ba

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Tue, 01 May 2007 1:28 am

Jang wrote:
Velvet_CK wrote:
Jang wrote: Hi velvet,

Juz wan to share with you that my colleuge have some procedure done by a Doctor whom is a personal friend of her's, why she go to her is Price is good! But you know what happen..... the procedure she had done result bad (stich on eyes), still when back for 2nd time revision surgery (under the knife)(for free ok!) Gone.... :cry: No return already, 1 eye big 1 eye small!

I'm not frightening you, and i believe the is ppl out there who also been throught.
Since you been considering to have your procedure done in korea I would say that will be a better choice.

Do Check out this website www.bkclinic.com/english
He's the best sergeon in korea, if you wan to know more PM me.

Cheer :)
Yo Jang, thanks for your recommendations and advices. Hanguk sarang imida? Your nick sounds korean to me.

All your posts are positive comments about BK clinic and best clinic in korea. Working for them? No offence.

BK clinic is setting up a clinic in Singapore, thus ur comments may come across to me subconsciencely as some PR publicity thingee. Please correct me..

Please enlighten me,

- Or at least, do you have any friends whom have done cosmetic surgery with Dr Kim?
- Have you or ur friends encounter or did procedures with other korean doctors to let you have the perception that Dr Kim BK is the best korean cosmetic surgeon?

If seriously, you can show me your before after pics (That's, if you have done PS with Dr kim), and if i love his beauty concept.... the first thing i will do is take loan from all the banks and let him 'knife' me to a SuperStar~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers~!
Hi velvet,

Yes, my boy friend is Dr. Kim’s good friend and yes we promote Dr.Kim on his behalf.

We are trying to introduce as many patients from Singaopre to Dr.Kim as possible.

Though there is remote possibility, Dr.Kim won’t set up clinic in Singapore so soon. He is so busy with his clinic in Seoul and Shanghai and he won’t have time for Singapore at this point.

No, I didn’t have any procedure done on me at all. I am a natural beauty, hehehe… A bit heavy, that’s all. :wink:

All I can tell you is that he is most popular plastic surgeon in Korea . Consumers are very smart, especially us gals.

I admire your honesty admitting that you are recommending for Dr Kim. True enough, he's most probably the first person in the mind that ppl think of for Asian PS.

Since you are on behalf of Dr Kim BK.. tell us more about his specialities, many of us here are still curious about so many things.. if you are exposed to the korean PS industry, perhaps you will like to enlighten us.

To be really honest, I doubt anyone here will be going to BK clinic for procedures.. Some of us are considering
-Dream Clinic,
-JELIM,
-Dr Jung (Rhino only)
-did i miss out any more?

If you are going to do some comparison and convince us that Dr Kim BK's better, our mind will drift towards him, no doubts abt it.

Thanks, Jang

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Tue, 01 May 2007 1:32 am

aadvark wrote:
Jang wrote:
Velvet_CK wrote: Yo Jang, thanks for your recommendations and advices. Hanguk sarang imida? Your nick sounds korean to me.

Please enlighten me,

Cheers~!
Hi velvet,

no market in singapore? a highly affluent society whose people are obsessed with looks? or a thread in this forum that has run up to 5807 posts and counting... a quick search will reveal many more such threads in local forums

Slight market in Singapore definately.. Do a slight comparison of the population, average procedures per person has done, receptivity towards PS & %of population whom did PS. In any case, Any korean PS groups will tap on China, Taiwan, Korea or Japan, rather than singapore..

even if BK comes to Singapore, I will still fly there for procedures irregardless.

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

More Korean PS clinics

Post by Velvet_CK » Tue, 01 May 2007 1:42 am

I was talking to my korean friend just an hour ago, I mentioned about a friend going to korea next month for PS (Aka Da Jie~~).

She did some research for me and here are some reviews within korean PS forums

http://www.pskwark.co.kr/
Koreans rate this clinic as "Very good" for Rhinoplasty.
This clinic provides hostel after surgery.

http://www.parkwonjin.co.kr/contents/main.php
Many koreans recommend here for rhinoplasty too.

Finally she concluded that korean PS is very advanced and the difference in results between different clinics are minimal. So she advises not to stress too much choosing between doctors, since most of the korean doctors have excellent reputation to reassure the quality we will be expecting \:D/ .

Jang
Regular
Regular

Post by Jang » Tue, 01 May 2007 12:13 pm

Hi aadvard,

A study shows more than 50% of Korean women have done plastic surgery on their faces. Some says even more. I haven’t seen any study yet but maybe it is less than 5% in Singapore ?

Yes, there has been 5807 posts, but how many of them actually have surgery done? Singapore is catching on trends but still long way to go.

And South Korean population is about 10times more than Singapore .

That makes the Korean market 100times bigger than Singapore , not to mention the population in China .

For any plastic surgeon to choose a market, a choice seems rather easy.

aadvark wrote:
Jang wrote:
Velvet_CK wrote: Yo Jang, thanks for your recommendations and advices. Hanguk sarang imida? Your nick sounds korean to me.

Please enlighten me,

Cheers~!
Hi velvet,

Beauty Korea 장
[email protected]

Jang
Regular
Regular

Post by Jang » Tue, 01 May 2007 12:18 pm

Hi Velvet,

Dr.Kim’s specialities are Secondary double eyelid and Rhino.
I agree many doctors are good in Korea. I don’t know them all and I am not in a position to put anybody down to emphasize Dr.Kim is better.

I can only repeat that he is the most sought after plastic surgeon in Korea .

And I think that is a good proof already.

I respect that you have only one face and it is precious.

And choice is your.

Velvet_CK wrote:
Jang wrote:

Please enlighten me,

Cheers~!
Hi velvet,

I admire your honesty admitting that you are recommending for Dr Kim. True enough, he's most probably the first person in the mind that ppl think of for Asian PS.

Since you are on behalf of Dr Kim BK.. tell us more about his specialities, many of us here are still curious about so many things.. if you are exposed to the korean PS industry, perhaps you will like to enlighten us.

To be really honest, I doubt anyone here will be going to BK clinic for procedures.. Some of us are considering
-Dream Clinic,
-JELIM,
-Dr Jung (Rhino only)
-did i miss out any more?

If you are going to do some comparison and convince us that Dr Kim BK's better, our mind will drift towards him, no doubts abt it.

Thanks, Jang
Beauty Korea 장
[email protected]

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Tue, 01 May 2007 5:30 pm

Ermmm darling ... let me consider about that ..keke

Jang wrote:Hi suemei,

Of course, there maybe people dissatisfied with Dr.Kim. I am also sure there are people who are not satisfied with Dr.Jung as well. Dr.Kim is more known and does more operations. So, he has more satisfied and dissatisfied patients. That’s all. No plastic surgeon can satisfy his clients each and every time. We can only use their reputation and popularity as a guide stick. Consumers are smart and Dr.Kim is their popular choice.

suemei wrote:Hey Jang! I agree wid Ocean11.. i think u didn't read most of the pages in dis forum.. if u did den u will notice dat actually 1-2 gals/guys not satisfied wid d Dr.Kim's skill... Sorry to say dat :(

But i'm really impressed wid his before and after pics dat i saw in web last time.. and i heard dat he actually done some surgeries on celebrities too !

I decided to go for Dr.Jung because i heard he has a Very good service jus like a father lol... and so far no complains from the ppl in dis forum.. hehehe

But if you any other infos dat are really convincing.. i might change my mind to Dr.Kim instead of Dr.Jung

Dr.Jung is from Korea too.. dis is his website : http://www.nose.co.kr/

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 02 May 2007 12:54 am

haha, the forum turned quiet... almost one day and only a few messages...

keropijennifer

Post by keropijennifer » Wed, 02 May 2007 5:55 am

Hey ppl! Is it true that the surgeon from Dream clinic (dr Park) does mainly closed ops for the nose right? Also, does anyone know of anybody who has had their noses done at that clinic? wat was the outcome??

Regular
Regular

eyes

Post by 244522 » Wed, 02 May 2007 8:23 am

hi jovin

u did ur eye the second time right? so the first time did you use cutting method or stitching method? Then how long will be the recovery period for the second time. Thanks.

I kind of regret doing my stitching for my eyes. It's a permanent stitch so i think if i want to redo, it will be complicated and recovery will be even longer. Cause this is my second stitch and recovery is super long.

Does anyone have any idea of a good reconstructive surgery for the eyes. Really envious Jovin for doing the eye surgery to enlarge the eyes. I also want. I want to take out my eyes fat too, its quite puffy. Ah. But now I really need a good surgeon if I want to redo. The doctor have to take out two stitch from my eyes, fats, and enlarge my eyes carefully. Does it sound risky?

imjase

Post by imjase » Wed, 02 May 2007 9:18 pm

Hey thought I do a quick post.

Its been about 6 weeks after my surgery with Dr Chuang now. All I can say is the results are improving. The wound I did have inside my lower mouth is now healed and no signs of infection (very happy about this)

I am able to eat soft foods now but sometimes when I chew I get a slight sound inside my mouth so maybe I shouldnt chew so much.

My nose has got thinner and the tip has gained a better shape as well as the swelling. The bridge at the top has gone down also which I am happy about because I thought it was too high before but Dr Chuang says it will go down when it takes shape within next 1-2 months.

I'm going to put up some pics when I can to show you the comparable differences between my last pics.