Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Tue, 01 May 2007 12:04 am

MelissaLin wrote:oh, so fss stands for flight stewardess..thanks alot abgenation n the kness.. o Good luck for ur final interview and also to all those gals who r going for it too..Jai You!! :D

i just feel so excited whenever i'm in this forum, hee
You're welcome babe and thanks for the luck! The excitement just gets to you huh. Haha.
★ abnegation; self denial

MelissaLin

Post by MelissaLin » Tue, 01 May 2007 12:31 am

abnegation wrote:
MelissaLin wrote:oh, so fss stands for flight stewardess..thanks alot abgenation n the kness.. o Good luck for ur final interview and also to all those gals who r going for it too..Jai You!! :D

i just feel so excited whenever i'm in this forum, hee
You're welcome babe and thanks for the luck! The excitement just gets to you huh. Haha.
well, i will continue to view this forum..hehe

:D ya, somehow i always imagine myselfI(funny right?) being in u gals shoe, 3 yrs time 2009, o my gosh...im really looking forward ..will definetly give it a try..
i rmb last time i accompany my friend for e interview at swissotel, wow e ladies there r so gorgeous looking..
I wanna be one

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Tue, 01 May 2007 12:38 am

MelissaLin wrote: well, i will continue to view this forum..hehe

:D ya, somehow i always imagine myselfI(funny right?) being in u gals shoe, 3 yrs time 2009, o my gosh...im really looking forward ..will definetly give it a try..
i rmb last time i accompany my friend for e interview at swissotel, wow e ladies there r so gorgeous looking..
:mrgreen:

jam and butter

Post by jam and butter » Tue, 01 May 2007 7:23 pm

Hi all, i chanced upon this forum not too long ago and pretty suprised at the "myths and controversy" that surrounds the whole SIA recruitment process - here are some facts to what i feel is misled information on this forum...

1) tatoos are fine as long as it is covered by your uniform (kebaya/jacket) - my batchmate has a tatoo on his arm and he passed even the swimming round

2) colour blindness is NOT alright as items in SIA"s first aid box are colour coded. Crew need to differentiate the diff medical supplies as quickly as possible in a critical situation

3) you may attend walk in interviews on both days ie. sat and sunday as HR do not ban those who have come recently. However, if you failed management interviews instead, records may be kept and you are not to apply within 6 months.

4) the basic pay of cabin crew may be low but the allowances and IFA more than makes up for it. You will certainlly get more than what the market rate is.

5) they are very stringent on skin but there have been instances of interviewees passing the skin checks even thou they have chicken pox scars. the interviewer could have been distracted... haha. anyway, as long as the scars/ acne are not too prominant and can be lightened by concealer, it shouldnt be a prob.

MelissaLin

Post by MelissaLin » Tue, 01 May 2007 8:11 pm

jam and butter wrote:Hi all, i chanced upon this forum not too long ago and pretty suprised at the "myths and controversy" that surrounds the whole SIA recruitment process - here are some facts to what i feel is misled information on this forum...

1) tatoos are fine as long as it is covered by your uniform (kebaya/jacket) - my batchmate has a tatoo on his arm and he passed even the swimming round

2) colour blindness is NOT alright as items in SIA"s first aid box are colour coded. Crew need to differentiate the diff medical supplies as quickly as possible in a critical situation

3) you may attend walk in interviews on both days ie. sat and sunday as HR do not ban those who have come recently. However, if you failed management interviews instead, records may be kept and you are not to apply within 6 months.

4) the basic pay of cabin crew may be low but the allowances and IFA more than makes up for it. You will certainlly get more than what the market rate is.

5) they are very stringent on skin but there have been instances of interviewees passing the skin checks even thou they have chicken pox scars. the interviewer could have been distracted... haha. anyway, as long as the scars/ acne are not too prominant and can be lightened by concealer, it shouldnt be a prob.

hi jam&butter

no5 abt e chicken pox scar, isit true?? coz i've got 1 of it, abt 1/4 e size of a 5cent coin on my upper cheek?

is there any surgery or injections or anything that can cover up e scar other den make-up with concealer?

ifs- does it means inflight stewardess/steward??

:D so0oooorry, i'm always asking question..

cheers
I wanna be one

xiangzhou_1984

Re: Management Interview

Post by xiangzhou_1984 » Tue, 01 May 2007 9:58 pm

abnegation wrote:Girls who have gone through the management interview, can I check something.

If say your interview appt is at 8.45AM, you'll have to wait for everyone for that day to be done then you'll get results is it?
No, you don't wait for the other girls. The lady will go into the interview room and you will know your results on the spot. Good Luck :)

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Wed, 02 May 2007 12:33 am

jam and butter wrote: 3) you may attend walk in interviews on both days ie. sat and sunday as HR do not ban those who have come recently. However, if you failed management interviews instead, records may be kept and you are not to apply within 6 months.
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. If you attended the interview on Saturday and let's say you get rejected at the first round, going on Sunday won't help either because they will reject you at the door saying that you already came yesterday.

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Management Interview

Post by abnegation » Wed, 02 May 2007 12:35 am

xiangzhou_1984 wrote:
abnegation wrote:Girls who have gone through the management interview, can I check something.

If say your interview appt is at 8.45AM, you'll have to wait for everyone for that day to be done then you'll get results is it?
No, you don't wait for the other girls. The lady will go into the interview room and you will know your results on the spot. Good Luck :)
Thanks! :D

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 02 May 2007 12:46 am

MelissaLin wrote:ifs- does it means inflight stewardess/steward??
IFS = Inflight Supervisor
Male IFS in grey jacket.
Female IFS in brown kebaya.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

MelissaLin

Post by MelissaLin » Wed, 02 May 2007 12:55 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
MelissaLin wrote:ifs- does it means inflight stewardess/steward??
IFS = Inflight Supervisor
Male IFS in grey jacket.
Female IFS in brown kebaya.
thanks sporegirl
:)
so over at SQ its blue, green, red n brown kebaya?
was wondering is there any difference bettwen all e different colours, (isit blue for junior) :D
I wanna be one

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 02 May 2007 1:11 am

MelissaLin wrote:so over at SQ its blue, green, red n brown kebaya?
was wondering is there any difference bettwen all e different colours, (isit blue for junior) :D
Blue kebaya = FSS (flight stewardess)
Green kebaya = LSS (lead stewardess)
Red kebaya = CSS (chief stewardess)
Brown kebaya = IFS (inflight supervisor)

Sky blue jacket = FS (flight steward)
Light blue jacket = LS (lead steward)
Navy blue jacket = CS (chief steward)
Grey jacket = IFS (inflight supervisor)
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

vic_kie

birthmarks..

Post by vic_kie » Wed, 02 May 2007 11:20 am

Hi..
I'm actually new in here. Was wondering if anyone could help me with this, I have alot of moles on my face and a birthmark on my right cheek as well. Will they even consider me? :-|

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Wed, 02 May 2007 4:37 pm

Hello people,

I have been reading the forum for quite some time & the information provided is really useful.

I am aware the latest SIA recruitment date is on the 21st & 22nd April 2007. Anyone knows when is the NEXT one ?

What can be the reason for rejection in the water confidence test if everything seems fine during the test ?

Is being underweight an issue ?like 163.5cm to 43.5kg ?

Thank you! :D
.CEL.

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Wed, 02 May 2007 7:26 pm

Anyone knows if the employment contract with SIA is signed straight after the mgmt interview? After health check-up? Or after the Training?

*Assuming we pass all the interview rounds....

aezl

Post by aezl » Wed, 02 May 2007 8:59 pm

Hi, I've a few questions to ask..

1. Are the tests like water confident test, mgt test all on weekends? What happen if i'm working and cant make it?

2. Is training straight away after mgt test or is there a mth gap or sth?

3. What happens if i manage to pass mgt test but i cant go for training immediately cause i'm still working?

4. Is training daily or..?

5. There's still a chance of being kick out during training rite?

6. Is height 1.65 weight 65 too big size to join?

7. Is there anyone who pass all the tests once through? usually how many retakes do u guys take to pass through all tests?
Thank you very much for answering my questions=)