Singapore Expats

Qatar Airways recuitment on 25th of March

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Cocoloco

Post by Cocoloco » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 8:49 pm

Qatarbabe, I understand what you're trying to say here. Tried to be positive and upbeat about the future, and each time the company will come up with something that ruins it. My bunch of close friends are the one keeping my sanity intact here.

It really depends what you're here for. If it's for the money, the salary is not that attractive for what you have to put up with (IMHO). If you want to see the world, build up your experience and leave after 2 years (the bond period), by all means come and join us, but do think it over thoroughly.

Qatarbabe, wish you all the best and safe flying,ya.

happyfeet
Regular
Regular

Post by happyfeet » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:55 am

Hey septemberrr! Happy to hear tt u gg to Doha soon huh... I rem last time i saw ur post is abt silkair intv... Wow tt's fast and congrats. Hope u'll enjoy ur new career path! Cheers... :)

septemberrr
Regular
Regular

Post by septemberrr » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 9:06 am

hi happyfeet,

haha, thanks! how's your progress?

senzen

Post by senzen » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:24 am

Septemberrr & Cutiebabe,

You gals well prepared to leave for Doha yet? My mom has been feeding me with lotsa pork satay and local food man... i think i prob put on 1 or 2 kg already. Plane overload! Overload! Haha! :lol: Well, there are politics in every company, so as there are many different characters in human beings. We just have to learn to deal with it in order to survive.

wendily

Post by wendily » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:44 am

Congrats to all those who made it...

I hope i will be able to join u guys... hope only!

happyfeet
Regular
Regular

Post by happyfeet » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 3:27 pm

Hi septemberrr, me no progress yet cos didnt attend any intv due to my busy schedule. Haiz... haha.

cutiebabe

Post by cutiebabe » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 4:09 pm

senzen wrote:Septemberrr & Cutiebabe,

You gals well prepared to leave for Doha yet? My mom has been feeding me with lotsa pork satay and local food man... i think i prob put on 1 or 2 kg already. Plane overload! Overload! Haha! :lol: Well, there are politics in every company, so as there are many different characters in human beings. We just have to learn to deal with it in order to survive.
I haven't prepare anything yet, because Avina keep asking for my HAVIgM report which i did is HAV Anti and the doctor said is the same but maybe they cant understand. I called Avina again and double confirm the date, and i'll be fly on 26 May.

So now i ask the doctor to write a letter to them... :o

cutiebabe

Post by cutiebabe » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 4:14 pm

Septemberr.

Do you remember Yoon Jin? She very anxious now, coz she going on 28th April and she tot u'll be joining her, unexpected she is the only one...she very worry and keep calling me...hope you can help her too.. :D :wink:

septemberrr
Regular
Regular

Post by septemberrr » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 4:53 pm

happyfeet: try the coming up Qatar interview ok!! Then can have more company n take care of each other!! :wink:

cutiebabe: she called me last night and i told her to faster call ms avina to ask for a delay. i duno if she has called yet or not. oh my... but i didnt see her name in the e-tickets and e-visas, that another lady sent us, that was sent to those who were scheduled to depart on the 28th. there were 5 of us who was scheduled to fly on the 28th, of which 3 were malay and 2 chinese (myself and another girl). yoon jin wasnt mentioned n i was surprised when she told me she was flying this sat!

omggggg... this IS scary..

cutiebabe

Post by cutiebabe » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:59 am

septemberrr wrote:happyfeet: try the coming up Qatar interview ok!! Then can have more company n take care of each other!! :wink:

cutiebabe: she called me last night and i told her to faster call ms avina to ask for a delay. i duno if she has called yet or not. oh my... but i didnt see her name in the e-tickets and e-visas, that another lady sent us, that was sent to those who were scheduled to depart on the 28th. there were 5 of us who was scheduled to fly on the 28th, of which 3 were malay and 2 chinese (myself and another girl). yoon jin wasnt mentioned n i was surprised when she told me she was flying this sat!

omggggg... this IS scary..
I'll be flying with the Malay gal which we met in the office, remember keep us posted once you reach there ya..i just thinking bring 1 big n 1 small luggage will do bah, coz we sure will go shopping where ever we go..hehe :)

ihateveg

minimum height?

Post by ihateveg » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 6:49 pm

hi girls,

wads the minimum height for qatar?
is there any?

thxx:)

happyfeet
Regular
Regular

Post by happyfeet » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 1:57 am

Hi septemberrr,

I would if i can but i doubt my height allows me to cos i'm only 158cm. I understand QR there's bond right...may i know how long? I've read the threads on Qatar seems not really good on welfare leh... hmm... :???: but some of em mention its good... i wonder

septemberrr
Regular
Regular

Post by septemberrr » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 2:20 pm

happyfeet: the bond is 2 years. i think your height is alright unless u try and make up for it with your personality, grooming etc. i believe no airlines will put all the shorter ones together and the taller ones together. they would jumble up so that the taller ones can help the shorter ones and there r always some stewards around.

i think all jobs have their own politics. and as usual, humans all have their own point of views. its very subjective. like wat qatarbabe said, the welfare thingy has been implemented because of some inconsiderate ple. but i think as long as u understand the reasoning behind these implementations (when in rome, do as the romans do) and keep to it, there shdnt be any problem.

anyway, this kind of job is definitely not for long term like 10-30 years. we'll be too tired and OLD by then! ehehe!! so i say, just go and try and see the positive side of it.

besides, life isnt a bed of roses to begin with..

happyfeet
Regular
Regular

Post by happyfeet » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 2:45 pm

Hm... Thanks septemberrr. Will think for a while.. hee

Anyway, all the best to u! I'm sure u'll love it and update here okie... :)

senzen

Post by senzen » Fri, 04 May 2007 3:40 am

Qatarbabe,

Do they have major cosmetics and beauty brands like MAC in Doha? So i won't have to stock up before i leave... :) And also, are we required to wear nail polish during training? If yes, what colours are acceptable? Are there any manicure salons in Doha? Oh yah, and our accomodation, are our beds single or queen size? So i know which size bedsheets to bring over... Thanks alot, Qatarbabe. Hopefully we can all meet up in Doha when we get there and hang out together. :D