Singapore Expats

QATAR AIRWAYS RECRUITMENT ON 5th MAY 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
coolandy79

Post by coolandy79 » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 2:57 pm

I snd them my resume but no response from them shold i o for the walk in interview instead?.. i scared n pai sei if i go for the walk in n say oh we did not selected u y u came?...

cutiebabe

Post by cutiebabe » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 3:40 pm

coolandy79 wrote:I snd them my resume but no response from them shold i o for the walk in interview instead?.. i scared n pai sei if i go for the walk in n say oh we did not selected u y u came?...
Just walk in! I did the same too and i was selected. Just go for it! nothing to be fear, it just an interview.

Actually i was selected last year but i didn't join them due to my bf and family and i was so regret for the past whole year.....

So i went for their interview again on March 2007 , i made it. I never go for any other airline for interview, Qatar is my first choice, coz most of my SIA friends encourage me to go for Qatar or Emirates and some SIA FA join Qatar after all. :)

sImpleGal

Post by sImpleGal » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 4:39 pm

cutiebabe wrote: Just walk in! I did the same too and i was selected. Just go for it! nothing to be fear, it just an interview.

Actually i was selected last year but i didn't join them due to my bf and family and i was so regret for the past whole year.....

So i went for their interview again on March 2007 , i made it. I never go for any other airline for interview, Qatar is my first choice, coz most of my SIA friends encourage me to go for Qatar or Emirates and some SIA FA join Qatar after all. :)

Hi cutiebabe,

how is the interview process? how many stage? :)

coolandy79

Post by coolandy79 » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 4:59 pm

oh thanks for the advice...
Btw wat the interview process?.. same as SIA ?... or is it different?...

cutiebabe

Post by cutiebabe » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 6:14 pm

coolandy79 wrote:oh thanks for the advice...
Btw wat the interview process?.. same as SIA ?... or is it different?...
Ofcoz different with SIA, there nothing much on 1st day, view their video then submit resume and they will call you for the 2nd interview if you r selected.

During the 2nd interview will have English paper test meanwhile they will call one by one for height n weight measurement. If your meet their requirement you will stay for group disscussion, if you r selected after group disscussion congrats, your changes is 70% and just wait for management interview.

If you would like know more info please refer back to http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ft ... sc-30.html

hope this helps :D

ihateveg

minimum height?

Post by ihateveg » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 7:00 pm

hi girls,

may i know if theres a minimum height requirement for qatar?

thxx:)

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 9:11 pm

septemberrr wrote:dingdongbell: HAHA! this qns u shd ask in the other thread. anyway, i duno how many guys were selected to go so i really duno. u interested too? ehehe~
hmm~ actually im not realli interested in Qatar. BUT got young handsome guy den its diff story ya. lolx... or u wan mi to fly wif u? :oops: haha...
Can i fly higher than a bird?

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 9:16 pm

cutiebabe wrote:Just walk in! I did the same too and i was selected. Just go for it! nothing to be fear, it just an interview.

omg... den i think i should try it on May. coz if not i'll regret.

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Re: minimum height?

Post by desijoey » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 9:59 pm

ihateveg wrote:hi girls,

may i know if theres a minimum height requirement for qatar?

thxx:)
Yea I have the same question too...heard before it was 157.5cm though but not quite sure coz they stated we must have an arm reach of 212cm in their website...anyone to shed some light? :)

septemberrr
Regular
Regular

Post by septemberrr » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 12:03 am

dingdongbell: of course i would want u to fly w me... :(

height: there isnt a requirement, as long as u can hit the mark. BUT they still take ur height anyway. im 1.73m, they took my height but i wasnt required to touch the mark (cos i obviously can reach it). i think its always better to be about 1.6m so u can reach the safety equipment in the plane. if not, i think can try yoga. ple who do yoga can bend their body and touch places that only professional dancers can! like rubber band! or like what some of them were saying in the SIA thread, do stretching exercises.

Good luck all!!

ihateveg

Post by ihateveg » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 12:16 am

septemberrr wrote:dingdongbell: of course i would want u to fly w me... :(

height: there isnt a requirement, as long as u can hit the mark. BUT they still take ur height anyway. im 1.73m, they took my height but i wasnt required to touch the mark (cos i obviously can reach it). i think its always better to be about 1.6m so u can reach the safety equipment in the plane. if not, i think can try yoga. ple who do yoga can bend their body and touch places that only professional dancers can! like rubber band! or like what some of them were saying in the SIA thread, do stretching exercises.

Good luck all!!
thx girl for ya help :)

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:41 am

septemberrr wrote:dingdongbell: of course i would want u to fly w me... :(

Good luck all!!
haha... den i go try lor. coz anyway i dun think i can get in too. juz gif it a try. wahaha... :P

ya. everyday do stretching. stretch like a rubber band. :lol:

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Re: QATAR AIRWAYS RECRUITMENT ON 5th MAY 2007

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:46 am

opps. i juz went into their web to check their min req. hmm~

Job Profile
Job Field Cabin Crew
Locations Intra Gulf-Qatar-Doha
Organization Airline Services
Schedule Full-time
Job Level Individual Contributor
Education Level High School Diploma/GED/O levels (±11 years)
Job Type Permanent
Shift Shift work/Roster

i dun hv O cert. haha... should i try? :?

wendily

Post by wendily » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 1:40 pm

ok gals.. Shall we meet and go together?

what are the things that we need to bring on the day of the interview?

septemberrr
Regular
Regular

Post by septemberrr » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 2:09 pm

dingdongbell: high sch means secondary education. i think they meant min. is high sch. but they do take in diploma holders etc as well. no harm giving it a try. u never know until u try! go go!