Singapore Expats

CX is recruiting!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
komi
Regular
Regular

Re: hi plavot

Post by komi » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:08 pm

pralinesncreme wrote:my interview just ended and i had e same interviewere as u, perry yu.

peeps, she's realli a nice lady. she's v.friendly.

i'm oso pretty fortunate that i made in cox im not an existing crew nor a ex crew.

i tink u shld go for the second round, to find out more about the pay etc. maybe it will be as bad as wat u tink it is? besides e lady in purple also mentioned that in cathay, the opportunity to climb to a higher ladder is there.
hi praline! what time is ur nxt interview.. is it on 27th as well? maybe we can meetup

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:09 pm

So lucky all you pips who made it thru!I'm hoping they will call me soon too... :-|

komi
Regular
Regular

Post by komi » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:09 pm

desijoey wrote:So lucky all you pips who made it thru!I'm hoping they will call me soon too... :-|
gd luck!! keep fingers crossed babe
support <3

pralinesncreme

Post by pralinesncreme » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:15 pm

hi komi. .

mine is tmr 245pm. . n urs?

moi round. . there's 3 out of 8 of us dat got in, n 2 of us haf no crew experience. .

so dun despair peeps. . since they mentioned they will call within 2wks, im sure they will . . n there's still hope. . so pray n pray k . .

im so stressed for tmr. . i m totally clueless wat r they gona ask n hw are they gona assess . . . .

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:25 pm

wad r the thingd u guys r suppose to bring?

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:34 pm

komi wrote:
desijoey wrote:So lucky all you pips who made it thru!I'm hoping they will call me soon too... :-|
support <3
Hey thanks so much for the encouragement girl!I am keeping my fingers crossed...*cross cross cross*

Hmm...kinda disappointed and puzzled I didn't make it thru.Managed to reach the arm length and responded pretty ok during the discussion...maybe they didn't like my face?:p

komi
Regular
Regular

Post by komi » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:45 pm

pralinesncreme wrote:hi komi. .

mine is tmr 245pm. . n urs?

moi round. . there's 3 out of 8 of us dat got in, n 2 of us haf no crew experience. .

so dun despair peeps. . since they mentioned they will call within 2wks, im sure they will . . n there's still hope. . so pray n pray k . .

im so stressed for tmr. . i m totally clueless wat r they gona ask n hw are they gona assess . . . .
oh mine is much earlier at 9:25am
maybe we can exchange phone numbers
i can sms u what questions they ask after my interview lol
but not sure if will they ask the same questions though
lets pray hard together! :)

komi
Regular
Regular

Post by komi » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:46 pm

camperboy wrote:wad r the thingd u guys r suppose to bring?
suppose to bring passport, ic, birth cert, sch certs, reference letters or testimonials, passport sized photographs and resume

komi
Regular
Regular

Post by komi » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:48 pm

desijoey wrote:
komi wrote:
support <3
Hey thanks so much for the encouragement girl!I am keeping my fingers crossed...*cross cross cross*

Hmm...kinda disappointed and puzzled I didn't make it thru.Managed to reach the arm length and responded pretty ok during the discussion...maybe they didn't like my face?:p
oh joey! pls dont say that abt urself!
everyone did fine, we just ain't sure what they were looking for

Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular

Re: hi plavot

Post by Hopeful guy » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:51 pm

pralinesncreme wrote:my interview just ended and i had e same interviewere as u, perry yu.

peeps, she's realli a nice lady. she's v.friendly.

i'm oso pretty fortunate that i made in cox im not an existing crew nor a ex crew.

i tink u shld go for the second round, to find out more about the pay etc. maybe it will be as bad as wat u tink it is? besides e lady in purple also mentioned that in cathay, the opportunity to climb to a higher ladder is there.
ehh... pralinesncreame, are u in the same slot as me at 0830?...my interviewer is also p!... which one is u? I am Danial!

Congrats for getting to the final interview round!... update us ya!

pralinesncreme

Post by pralinesncreme » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 1:02 pm

yup. . i agree w komi. . for cx, we realli haf no idea wat are they looking for. . so dun give up k . .

yup yup daniel. . i was in e same grp as u. . i was e 'volunteer' who spoke up during our discussion session. . keke. . n thks guy. . im praying dat i will do well cox i noe there are alot of exising crews and ex crews that made it thru too! :???:

wow! ur interview is realli early. . 9plus. . so far those that i noe are goin for the afternoon rounds. . let's hope smeone can give us sme feedback on how the final round is gOin to be like so u can prepare alil for tmr as well. . :D

cheerios!

Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular

Post by Hopeful guy » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 1:08 pm

pralinesncreme wrote:yup. . i agree w komi. . for cx, we realli haf no idea wat are they looking for. . so dun give up k . .

yup yup daniel. . i was in e same grp as u. . i was e 'volunteer' who spoke up during our discussion session. . keke. . n thks guy. . im praying dat i will do well cox i noe there are alot of exising crews and ex crews that made it thru too! :???:

wow! ur interview is realli early. . 9plus. . so far those that i noe are goin for the afternoon rounds. . let's hope smeone can give us sme feedback on how the final round is gOin to be like so u can prepare alil for tmr as well. . :D

cheerios!

Woohoo!! I knew it!...U deserve to go to the next round...U are good !!
Love your confidence and your smile...keep on smiling!!!

Hero83

Post by Hero83 » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 1:25 pm

komi wrote:oh mine is much earlier at 9:25am
I got into the final interview as well. :)
komi, keep us updated ok? Hehe... All the best yah!

Btw, I don't have any reference or testimonial letters. How?

Hero83

Post by Hero83 » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 1:33 pm

Plavot wrote:Hello guys,

I went for the interview yesterday and got an invitation to attend another round of interview on the 27th. My interviewer, is a really nice lady and so is the other lady in purple. Although I was not an ex-cabin crew, I managed to make it through somehow..

But the thing is, I don't know if I will be attending the second round on the 27th.

From the beginning to the end, they did'nt mention a word about the amount of pay we will be getting and the amount of allowance we are going to get.. My current job pays around SGD$2800 a month. Do you think I can get a higher or equivalent pay from Cathay? No doubt job interest pays a big part, but we need to eat too right? What if they pay us $700 a month? How to survie?

The lady in purple mentioned that there is a possibility of night stops, but looking at the current routes, I think its highly unlikely.

Anyone knows if it is possible for us to convert to a HK-based international crew after some time? Or can we not apply for this SIN-base and apply for the HK-based instead? I remember the presentation said something about Cathay recruiting people from all over the world, and I saw Singapore on the list.
Hi Plavot. We have the same interviewer.

I think the lady mentioned that SIN base is the first asian country they did a recruitment, tho they do employ many nationalities. But still hope that they will let us fly to more countries.

komi
Regular
Regular

Post by komi » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 1:36 pm

Hero83 wrote:
komi wrote:oh mine is much earlier at 9:25am
I got into the final interview as well. :)
komi, keep us updated ok? Hehe... All the best yah!

Btw, I don't have any reference or testimonial letters. How?
im not sure if it is compulsory..
do u hv any letters or something?
i only hv one frm sch, but it was in the past i was applying for scholarship and the sch wrote me one testimonial