Singapore Expats

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 8:20 pm

thinkerbelle wrote:M, i pm-ed u..did u get it? :D

the msg was at my outbox..not sentbox.. any difference?
Sent ya a reply. :)

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 8:50 pm

Hey tattybear,
all the best for tmr! i'm sure you'll find it a good experience just like how most of the other girls and i feel :) All the best!

Hey stupidangelss,
Congrats! my interviewer also asked me if i could start in mid-May if accepted. She's really nice, wonder if she's your interviewer too lol. by the way, which date did you choose for your water test? maybe we can go tog! :D

i asked one of the staff if we are allowed to apply 2 days consecutively an she said no as the computer would have our records :S
She's also not too certain when the next recruitment would be, so we'll have to wait. keep checking the site!
:)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 8:53 pm

autumn-reverie wrote:i asked one of the staff if we are allowed to apply 2 days consecutively an she said no as the computer would have our records :S
Please take note peeps. :)

mouismoo

Post by mouismoo » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 9:28 pm

Congratulations to those who made it! =)

to those who din make it, like it has been said, keep faith. the girl in my group that got in, it was her second attempt.

for those going tmr, good luck! Don't worry so much because much of the decision is left to the panel anyway. Just go there and have fun. Soak it up and relish the experience. Even if you didnt make it (like me. :P), take it as a memorable experience. I'm glad i did coz thru this, i managed to widen my circle of contacts. =D

and yeay fizus, to melb we go! (if we make it in the next recruitment) =D enough said. fizus, go start mugging. you have a paper on monday. as for me, weekends off. aaah! :P

stupidangelss

Post by stupidangelss » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 9:40 pm

autumn-reverie wrote: Hey stupidangelss,
Congrats! my interviewer also asked me if i could start in mid-May if accepted. She's really nice, wonder if she's your interviewer too lol. by the way, which date did you choose for your water test? maybe we can go tog! :D
Congrats to you too! :) i chose 4th may. because when i came out, i'm left with 25thapril, 2ndmay and 4thmay. and i happen to have exams on 26th and 3rd. how about you?

i went to the interviewer at Panel A. she's really nice! i gave her a mega-watt smile when i went in. wahahhaa!! and she smiled back. so i think i'm kinda safe. :wink:

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 9:47 pm

stupidangelss wrote:
Congrats to you too! :) i chose 4th may. because when i came out, i'm left with 25thapril, 2ndmay and 4thmay. and i happen to have exams on 26th and 3rd. how about you?

i went to the interviewer at Panel A. she's really nice! i gave her a mega-watt smile when i went in. wahahhaa!! and she smiled back. so i think i'm kinda safe. :wink:

hey stupidangelss, my water confidence is on 4th may too! where do u stay? if u wanna go together, pm me k? =) yea i think they asked everybody if they can start in mid may..=) i went to panel B! how many panels were there actually? :) my interviewer is very very nice and sweet too... round one was much scarier! the man kept interrupting us and asked us a lot of questions...

hey how many ppl are in each water confidence round?
and i suppose we dun have to bring the impt documents?

stupidangelss

Post by stupidangelss » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 9:54 pm

thinkerbelle wrote:
stupidangelss wrote:

hey stupidangelss, my water confidence is on 4th may too! where do u stay? if u wanna go together, pm me k? =) yea i think they asked everybody if they can start in mid may..=) i went to panel B! how many panels were there actually? :) my interviewer is very very nice and sweet too... round one was much scarier! the man kept interrupting us and asked us a lot of questions...

hey how many ppl are in each water confidence round?
and i suppose we dun have to bring the impt documents?
oh really? that'll be great! :) i'm staying at sembawang. (so farrrrrrrr)
my first round was pretty okay as well. the interviewers didn't ask any qs. hohoho~~

i was told to bring the 2 papers they gave us. not sure about any other docs.

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:09 pm

i got the room with one lady who just smiles and scribbles all the time... and the indian guy kept asking everyone a lot of questions. one girl kena asked "so why u wanna quit ur job?" "why do u wanna join SIA?" "what akes u think u are cut for it?" "what will you do if you don't get in?" "what would u do if you still cannot get in if u try and try?"

*faintz*

stupidangelss, i stay in tampines...farrrrrrr tooooooooo. hahaha. far from u, that is. haha

:lol:

yeah yeah except those 2 papers...dun have to bring our birth certs and whatever certs hor? :)

anyone knows how many people are in the same water confidence grp? :)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:11 pm

thinkerbelle wrote:yeah yeah except those 2 papers...dun have to bring our birth certs and whatever certs hor? :)

You will need to print whatever will be emailed to you and bring along. Other certs, I don't remember them asking for it.

Up to 50 in a group. :)

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:11 pm

fizus wrote:shortie, it wasn't embarassing actually, cuz i know i wasn't being 'rejected' per se... they just told me to apply at a later time cuz i finish uni in december, so this recruitment is too early.
ahhh i can go with you after my 6 months has passed! okay actually 5 now since my mgmt was in march. lalala!

congrats to all those who made it through today!
those going tomorrow, good luck!
Last edited by theknees on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:13 pm

thinkerbelle wrote: yeah yeah except those 2 papers...dun have to bring our birth certs and whatever certs hor? :)

they don't check your documents and papers during the water confidence test.

just remember to bring the letter they gave you (or email) and the indemnity form and make sure its signed.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

stupidangelss

Post by stupidangelss » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:16 pm

M wrote:
thinkerbelle wrote:yeah yeah except those 2 papers...dun have to bring our birth certs and whatever certs hor? :)

You will need to print whatever will be emailed to you and bring along. Other certs, I don't remember them asking for it.

Up to 50 in a group. :)

M, so you mean they'll send us an email??
o0o0, we weren't told anything. hahahahaa. except for that precious 2pcs of papers...

i'm pretty nervous because i'm got mozzie-bites on my legs these days.
urghhh. :(

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:40 pm

Hey stupidangelss & thinkerbelle,
mine is on the 4th too! I live in Serangoon North, maybe can share a cab with stupidangelss. Tinkerbelle you live in Tampines, should be quite near? :)

i chose the lastest date- 4th may cause i think i desperately need to lose weight (BMI way over 20) and to do something about the scars on my back. honestly.. i'm really worried. have never been comfortable wearing a swimsuit due to the above reasons.. hai :(

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:48 pm

autumn-reverie wrote:Hey stupidangelss & thinkerbelle,
mine is on the 4th too! I live in Serangoon North, maybe can share a cab with stupidangelss. Tinkerbelle you live in Tampines, should be quite near? :)

i chose the lastest date- 4th may cause i think i desperately need to lose weight (BMI way over 20) and to do something about the scars on my back. honestly.. i'm really worried. have never been comfortable wearing a swimsuit due to the above reasons.. hai :(
Girls need to keep BMI below 22 while 25 for guys. :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:50 pm

stupidangelss wrote:M, so you mean they'll send us an email??
o0o0, we weren't told anything. hahahahaa. except for that precious 2pcs of papers...

i'm pretty nervous because i'm got mozzie-bites on my legs these days.
urghhh. :(
Yup, most probably. It is to confirm the time and date for your attendance. :)