Singapore Expats

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tattybear512

Post by tattybear512 » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 6:02 pm

M wrote:
tattybear512 wrote:Before their checks? Any height 158 and below will face difficulties. :?
Omg...

I'm ly... 159.5cm...

Think i'm gonna b so oUt tml...

:roll:
159.5 should be fine. :)[/quote]

reali?

pRay harD its true...

=D

thanx M...
thinGs hapPen jux when u leaSt eXpect it... hOpefully hapPy thinGs hapPen...

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 6:04 pm

tattybear512 wrote:reali?

pRay harD its true...

=D

thanx M...
Well we wouldn't know until you try. As long as you're not in the 157-158 region, you should be fine. But that doesn't mean those in the 158 shouldn't try for it ok? :)

fizus
Regular
Regular

Post by fizus » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 6:15 pm

shortie, it wasn't embarassing actually, cuz i know i wasn't being 'rejected' per se... they just told me to apply at a later time cuz i finish uni in december, so this recruitment is too early.

i don't know about the height check, cuz i didn't go through it at all! haha which is a relief seeing they minus 1-2 cm each time. i'm 1.59 m, so between now and next recruitment i am skipping and stretching my way to 1.60m ++!

don't be disheartened girls. if you're too short, then maybe this career just isn't for you. the minimum is in lieu of the aviation laws after all. so there's no escaping that.

as for those who are truly 1.58m and above, try again next time! who knows you'll be lucky and the measurements would be right then.

and those who didn't qualify based on qualifications, get the basics (O levels, diploma, etc) before next recruitment cuz it is clearly stated that's the minimum, so we should just go by that and not look for loopholes. besides, a diploma/ O Levels will be useful for future job opportunities too, not just this one!

moiusmoo, next one we go together again la, set? haha.

shortie

Post by shortie » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 6:27 pm

fizus wrote:shortie, it wasn't embarassing actually, cuz i know i wasn't being 'rejected' per se... they just told me to apply at a later time cuz i finish uni in december, so this recruitment is too early.

i don't know about the height check, cuz i didn't go through it at all! haha which is a relief seeing they minus 1-2 cm each time. i'm 1.59 m, so between now and next recruitment i am skipping and stretching my way to 1.60m ++!

don't be disheartened girls. if you're too short, then maybe this career just isn't for you. the minimum is in lieu of the aviation laws after all. so there's no escaping that.

as for those who are truly 1.58m and above, try again next time! who knows you'll be lucky and the measurements would be right then.

and those who didn't qualify based on qualifications, get the basics (O levels, diploma, etc) before next recruitment cuz it is clearly stated that's the minimum, so we should just go by that and not look for loopholes. besides, a diploma/ O Levels will be useful for future job opportunities too, not just this one!

skipping can grow taller? :?

mouismoo

Post by mouismoo » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 6:47 pm

fizus wrote:shortie, it wasn't embarassing actually, cuz i know i wasn't being 'rejected' per se... they just told me to apply at a later time cuz i finish uni in december, so this recruitment is too early.

sure2.. i don't mind soaking up the atmosphere and queueing up again. Haha.

as to why i was being booted out: nope, it wasnt the height, neither was it the qualifications (i have the Os and dip on the way). I guess it was my face. They just didnt like it! Haaaaha..

No lar, I really don't know. Could be due to multiple reasons, I guess. Can't actually pinpoint which one though. Who knows the next time round I might get lucky? Heh

Btw fizus, the next one is in june rite? Is it still too early for you?

fizus
Regular
Regular

Post by fizus » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 7:10 pm

exactly moo! and if we get to fly together, we can enjoy melb together ;) hehe.

ya of course you had the qualifications... i think its just unlucky. i honestly think you should try again, especially since you meet all the requirements! and you look fine babe. :D

if its in june it should be okay cuz then my notice period would be 6 months which is quite common, from what i've read in forums. i guess 8 months was really pushing it. but if its june, we go together? :)

shortie; i don't really know for sure but i don't know any other ways to grow taller. and i'm almost 22, so i think i've stopped growing anyway. haha. i'll just hope that the measuring thing will show my true height. or else i just do something else la! haha. i think its important to not let your whole life revolve around this... for all its perks and whatnots, its still just a job. :)

for those who didn't get through today, keep faith! keep trying if you really want it. but don't feel disheartened really, cuz as we all know the selection is extremely arbitrary, so you might get lucky the next time round.

and now i should go study for my darn exams. sheesh.

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 7:16 pm

shortie wrote:i actually have a mole on my face n sum visible scars on my leg... should i still try on 22nd?

hey, i went for the interview today...i got in! :D

shortie, i got a mole on my face too, and its obvious. they didnt even care at all, didnt even looked at my mole. But trust me, my mole IS obvious. Im not lying. And i got some visible scars on my legs too. i wore stockings today so when the kebaya flaps open when i walked, im safe. After i know im in for the swim test, i asked the lady what are they looking out for at the swim test. :lol: haha... very direct hor? well she said "confidence in water" at first..and explained why... Then i asked, some ppl say they look out for scars and tattoos too? She said as long as when you wear the uniform and the scars cant be seen, its ok, and u've passed that check.

:???: confused huh. So do they still check for scars at the swim test?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 7:23 pm

thinkerbelle wrote: :???: confused huh. So do they still check for scars at the swim test?
They do. :)

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 7:27 pm

Huelloooo All.....

Hm..... I was booted out after 1st round....
Don't know exactly why...but i guess it's due to my qualification.... (coz while i was queuing I heard an Indonesian leavin the venue saying dat "Geesh.... they din even gimme the chance to attend the interview.... for Indonesian u gotta have degree.....")
I was like.... Oh Ouw.... It's gonna b damn embarassing for me when they kick me out juz b4 I submitted my application form....

So.... to cut the long story short.... They allowed me to attend the first round.... Yeah...wif my height checked.... I stated 1.58m.... the lady told me that I'm a short by a lil' bit...then the lady asked me to touch anotha blue sticker which was higher.... (dunno how tall that was.....) I easily touched it and I was allowed to go into the room to wait for my group number to be annouced.... I was in 34.....

I guess.... I'm not gonna waste my time anymore.... will juz finish my degree and go for the recruitment drive next year... ( hopefully I'll b able to get my degree by next yr Jun'08)

Phew.... though I din get to see u gals....but I'm sure we all had fun there....

Mischa, Fiza, and all the gals....

I really hope to see ya all...u all r such a sweetie.....
Let's keep the FA spirit glowing....dun b discouraged....

Cheers n Ciao.....
Dreams Do Come True

shortie

Post by shortie » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 7:33 pm

salvana wrote:Huelloooo All.....

Hm..... I was booted out after 1st round....
Don't know exactly why...but i guess it's due to my qualification.... (coz while i was queuing I heard an Indonesian leavin the venue saying dat "Geesh.... they din even gimme the chance to attend the interview.... for Indonesian u gotta have degree.....")
I was like.... Oh Ouw.... It's gonna b damn embarassing for me when they kick me out juz b4 I submitted my application form....

So.... to cut the long story short.... They allowed me to attend the first round.... Yeah...wif my height checked.... I stated 1.58m.... the lady told me that I'm a short by a lil' bit...then the lady asked me to touch anotha blue sticker which was higher.... (dunno how tall that was.....) I easily touched it and I was allowed to go into the room to wait for my group number to be annouced.... I was in 34.....

I guess.... I'm not gonna waste my time anymore.... will juz finish my degree and go for the recruitment drive next year... ( hopefully I'll b able to get my degree by next yr Jun'08)

Phew.... though I din get to see u gals....but I'm sure we all had fun there....

Mischa, Fiza, and all the gals....

I really hope to see ya all...u all r such a sweetie.....
Let's keep the FA spirit glowing....dun b discouraged....

Cheers n Ciao.....
she din even give mi the chance to touch the blue stickers.. sobsob..

shortie

Post by shortie » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 7:35 pm

thinkerbelle wrote:
shortie wrote:i actually have a mole on my face n sum visible scars on my leg... should i still try on 22nd?

shortie, i got a mole on my face too, and its obvious. they didnt even care at all, didnt even looked at my mole. But trust me, my mole IS obvious. Im not lying. And i got some visible scars on my legs too. i wore stockings today so when the kebaya flaps open when i walked, im safe. After i know im in for the swim test, i asked the lady what are they looking out for at the swim test. :lol: haha... very direct hor? well she said "confidence in water" at first..and explained why... Then i asked, some ppl say they look out for scars and tattoos too? She said as long as when you wear the uniform and the scars cant be seen, its ok, and u've passed that check.

thnks .. but i still tinkin if i wanna try again tmr.. mayb i shld tiptoe alittle? lolz

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 7:40 pm

Dun b discouraged,my dear...
(I guess it's bcoz u r really short by quite a lot? coz when the lady asked me to touch the blur sticker.... I juz need to tiptoe a lil bit..and I got it....)

Well well.... while I focus on my work n study.... I'll oso do some stretching exercise... perhaps go for fitness centre...bla bla bla.... anotha excuse to stay healthy and fit...wahahhah.....)

Yeah... I'm 24...so, duno how much I can stretch.... bu I wun give up....
I'm sure you'r emuch younger than me....
So, put aside all those -ve thinking....

stay +ve, every1.....
Dreams Do Come True

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 7:44 pm

shortie wrote:
thinkerbelle wrote:

thnks .. but i still tinkin if i wanna try again tmr.. mayb i shld tiptoe alittle? lolz
hmm... that im not too sure... M mentioned that they will check your height a few more times again? at least the first time they check u can cheat if u wear long pants... hey girls, the surprising thing is, my height wasnt shorter than my usual height that has been measured for 10 years. it has all along been 1.62m, and at the kebaya round, my height is actually 1.63. i was so shocked!

The difference is...this time, i reallly stretched myself... girls maybe u can try. I imagined myself being pulled upwards from the lower body up, stomach, chest, extend ur neck. voila and i am taller! hahahaha! :)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 7:49 pm

thinkerbelle wrote:hmm... that im not too sure... M mentioned that they will check your height a few more times again?
Yeah, 2nd day during water confidence and medical. And even when you get accepted, you need to maintain your BMI as they conduct checks regularly. Come to think of that, I haven't got my checks recently. :lol:

Goodluck babe! See ya in STC. :)

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 7:54 pm

M, i pm-ed u..did u get it? :D

the msg was at my outbox..not sentbox.. any difference?