Singapore Expats

CX is recruiting!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 2:23 pm

Funky_Punk wrote:Helo Chai Ching,

sorry huh say you english are bad, actualy I doesn't meant to insulting you or any thing. I juz thinking maybe can helping to correction a bit mah.. I knowledge some ppl maybe no good in english but then hor not their faulty rite? :?

Then all of a suddenly everybody in this forum starting to scolded me like mad le. I so scared siah, like machiam I commition some crime like tat or wat.. :o Sorry ppl for look liking a bad person lik that but me no bad person, is good ok.. :wink: I also very so sorry tat I sounding rude lik tat also too.

It is looking lik so many ppl all ready gotting their invites from CX.. But you just be patient heart wait, will get means will get one la. Maybe they forgetting to sending you or maybe also can be lik wat other ppl say lik that, got many ppl sen in so must taking more timing to procession. For me is get liao, but didn't know if whether or not that want to go or didn't want to go becos I thinking CX is very the danger becos have the bomb explod everywher in Colombus.

Aniway, good luck to your. Hoping you get will your one the invite email faster. And also All the best to all ppl here also.

chai ching wrote:i did send in my resume to CX this morning again.
although you ask me not to give up yet. but i have
already started losing confidence of myself. you ask
me how to gain back my confidence again? lol....

hopefully they will reply back to me soon. thats all
i can do now is to wait.

xmischax wrote:CHAICHING! don't give up yet! :D
Just a few post away, your english is powerful.

Now its below mediocre...or even worst...

Trying to make fun of people is it? :roll:

happyfeet
Regular
Regular

Post by happyfeet » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 2:44 pm

tt's right camperboy..

Funky_Punk ... trying to be funny??? :roll:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 2:47 pm

komi wrote:omg who is this funky punky~
He's a brick short of a load. :D :D

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:07 pm

He's definitely trying to drown ppl with his sarcasm. He still feels he's right for giving his funny comments and now trying to blame ppl for their remarks to his comments.

And FYI Funky_Punk, associating bad english with Malaysia just shows how narrow-minded u are! Pls...open up ur ears b4 u belittle ppl from other countries!

ladyR
Regular
Regular

Re: yeapie

Post by ladyR » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:15 pm

8619 wrote:!but i've read thru the threads but seems like nobody knows how the interview like??? :???: :???:
any idea guys??
i've pm tis sumone who's werking wit cx and ask abt e interview thing... n post it here since everyone's wondering... hope tat person got e msg and post it here soon...
i'm lovin it! (c'est tout che que j'aime)

mz^d
Regular
Regular

Post by mz^d » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:16 pm

12345 wrote:He's definitely trying to drown ppl with his sarcasm. He still feels he's right for giving his funny comments and now trying to blame ppl for their remarks to his comments.

And FYI Funky_Punk, associating bad english with Malaysia just shows how narrow-minded u are! Pls...open up ur ears b4 u belittle ppl from other countries!
Come on guys. Let's channel all this energy preparing for our interview instead. Funky Punk is not really worth anyones' time here.

Chai Ching, if you need help with your resume, PM me. I could help you with that. Was in recruitment b4 :)

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: yeapie

Post by camperboy » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:20 pm

ladyR wrote:
8619 wrote:!but i've read thru the threads but seems like nobody knows how the interview like??? :???: :???:
any idea guys??
i've pm tis sumone who's werking wit cx and ask abt e interview thing... n post it here since everyone's wondering... hope tat person got e msg and post it here soon...
woo.. tat would be a great help!!

ask them abt guys too!! :lol:

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by catchmeifucan » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:20 pm

komi wrote:omg who is this funky punky~ i'm holding msia passport! does that make me inferior?
isn't this singapore expats forum?
pls expect many non singaporeans here
:shock: malaysia passport?? I thought CX's requirement is that we have to be singaporean and have the rights live in singapore in order to be eligible to apply? or u're a singapore PR now? :???: or are you talking about SIA? :-| but komi u r going to CX interview with me right? We're on the same slot.

But if they are lenient towards malaysian applying even though their requirement is that u must be a singaporean and have the rights to live in singapore. i hope they are not so strict and be lenient during the interview then so all of us get the job. *wishing upon a shooting star* :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by catchmeifucan on Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-~-~Growing my wings! Grow faster! I wanna Fly High & be a High Flyer hehe~-~-

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:26 pm

Funky_Punk wrote:Helo Chai Ching,

sorry huh say you english are bad, actualy I doesn't meant to insulting you or any thing. I juz thinking maybe can helping to correction a bit mah.. I knowledge some ppl maybe no good in english but then hor not their faulty rite? :?
You think her English is bad, looking at this post alone I can see you have an awful long way to go since you write like a five-year old. I would say very much a case of the 'Kettle calling pot black!'

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:34 pm

catchmeifucan wrote:
:shock: malaysia passport?? I thought CX's requirement is that we have to be singaporean and have the rights live in singapore in order to be eligible?
See following from;

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_SG/ ... 39RCRD____

Job Opening
Position: Flight Attendant (Singapore Base)
Join the team that has made Hong Kong's own airline an international leader in the aviation business. We need talented and committed people who can apply their own special skills to help keep us flying high. Perhaps, you are one of the multi-talented people we need to provide passengers with our excellent level of safety, comfort and service. We are looking for individuals with a warm, caring and pleasant personality who can demonstrate empathy in service with people from a variety of cultures and countries. If you are service-oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, this could be the job for you.

Our intensive and multi-faceted training program covers the technical and safety aspects of flying. The experiential training will enhance your interpersonal skills and help you to grow as a person. You will make long-lasting friendships on your way to becoming an important member of our team.

Singapore Base Flight Attendants will be required to fly routes from Singapore to Hong Kong and Colombo.

Requirements

To become a Singapore-based Cathay Pacific Airways Flight Attendant:

* You must have the right to live and work in Singapore.
* You must be educated to GCE O-Level with a pass in English.
* Proficiency in reading and speaking English and another Asian language is a must.
* You must also be able to pass a medical assessment and meet a minimum arm reach of 208cm.
* Previous experience in service industry is preferable but not a necessity.

To Apply

To apply, please send your resume to [email protected]

The closing date for applications is 16-Apr-2007.

Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within 8 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful and all related information will be kept on our files up to a period of 24 months.

Funky_Punk

Post by Funky_Punk » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:37 pm

I am no drown ok? I also not liking to swimming one. aniway, I also just to try to helping mah.

I also dunno why you guys here lik to scold anyhow ppl one. Why say my english vey bad and below bad? I alreadi trying very hard to type properly ok? Lastly time I using to asking my fren to type for me one. She liking to say my english not good and then she saying ppl here more bad then me so she lik typing lik to teaching Chai Ching. She also don scold ppl, why scold her? Who is the bad ppl here? aniways I no let her using my com liao.

I applicated for the CX alreadi and I no get reply also too. My friesn say not good one but I jus maybe want to trying for it ma becos I lik to fly lik that. I go SIA so alot times but no pass. Airsia and Tiger also cannot pass lor. So I see CX maybe easy can pass but my friedn laughing me and say no good.

I am actually in same boat like Chai Ching. Still is waiting for the ppl to emailin me. Sorry for wjat my freind typing. My english not the good as also wat, that is why I askied her to typing for me at first. Can no more scold me anymore alreadi too? Me sad le, because lik wait long but no email lor. I now no more ask my friedn to type ok? :(

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:41 pm

Funky_Punk wrote:I am no drown ok? I also not liking to swimming one. aniway, I also just to try to helping mah.

I also dunno why you guys here lik to scold anyhow ppl one. Why say my english vey bad and below bad? I alreadi trying very hard to type properly ok? Lastly time I using to asking my fren to type for me one. She liking to say my english not good and then she saying ppl here more bad then me so she lik typing lik to teaching Chai Ching. She also don scold ppl, why scold her? Who is the bad ppl here? aniways I no let her using my com liao.

I applicated for the CX alreadi and I no get reply also too. My friesn say not good one but I jus maybe want to trying for it ma becos I lik to fly lik that. I go SIA so alot times but no pass. Airsia and Tiger also cannot pass lor. So I see CX maybe easy can pass but my friedn laughing me and say no good.

I am actually in same boat like Chai Ching. Still is waiting for the ppl to emailin me. Sorry for wjat my freind typing. My english not the good as also wat, that is why I askied her to typing for me at first. Can no more scold me anymore alreadi too? Me sad le, because lik wait long but no email lor. I now no more ask my friedn to type ok? :(
ok. it gets better and better... :lol:

Funky_Punk

Post by Funky_Punk » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:44 pm

Thankyou camperboy on for yur undrstanding. u real thinking my english get better liao? My friene also say lik that. If I typing more, my english get better and better. :D

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:47 pm

Funky_Punk wrote:Thankyou camperboy on for yur undrstanding. u real thinking my english get better liao? My friene also say lik that. If I typing more, my english get better and better. :D
thats not wad i meant.. :lol: :lol:

nvm..

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:49 pm

Look what I found again!! :lol:

Maybe this will give hints of what to expect for the interviews...

http://www.hku.hk/cepc/NEW/stories/career/phyllis.html

What procedures did you go through for the Flight Attendant position at Cathay Pacific?

There are 3 rounds of selection procedures:

1. Individual Interview: I was asked to give a self-introduction, and the reason why I would apply for this job. It took about 5-8 minutes.

2. Group Interview with 6-8 people: we were given a scenario, e.g. an unexpected case on the flight. We needed to discuss on the topic and draw up the best solution.

3. Panel Interview: I was interviewed by 3 interviewers. The questions were more specific and focused on how I present myself to be suitable for being a Flight Attendant, and what was my prospect and expectation in developing my career. It took about 15-20 minutes.

:shock: :shock: :shock: