Singapore Expats

Does SIA accepts private Diplomas? (SHATEC, MDIS,THAMES)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
bakquah

Does SIA accepts private Diplomas? (SHATEC, MDIS,THAMES)

Post by bakquah » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:31 am

Does anione here knows if SIA accepts SHATEC diploma holders? I heard about SIA accepting MDIS. What about shatec?

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Does SIA accepts private Diplomas? (SHATEC, MDIS,THAMES)

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 3:15 pm

bakquah wrote:Does anione here knows if SIA accepts SHATEC diploma holders? I heard about SIA accepting MDIS. What about shatec?
Maybe u can email to SIA and enquire about this?

White_Belle
Regular
Regular

Post by White_Belle » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 3:18 pm

Able to, i've a friend who graduated from Shatec & currently working with SIA.

banz
Regular
Regular

Post by banz » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 6:08 pm

shatec i belive is a plus point..i think they will be more than happy to take someone with shatec..so dont worry just go 4 get :P

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 8:37 pm

I think my cousin is from Shatec too just that i am not too sure I have not seen her for ages (few yrs at least) since shes always flying even on public holidays, and yes shes with SIA.

In fact your diploma is related to the hotel & hospitality sector. You should go for it! :D

hopegal

Re: Does SIA accepts private Diplomas? (Raffles LaSalle)

Post by hopegal » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 3:10 am

Hi!

Anyone here ave any idea that SQ accept Raffles LaSalle cert? Cos I been there a few times and I always pass my first round but when come to cert, they rejected me. I am holding Advance dip in fashion marketing and merchandising. But I have friends from the same school and they are already flying with them. Can anyone gelp me to that? Wondering if i should go on21 and 22..
bakquah wrote:Does anione here knows if SIA accepts SHATEC diploma holders? I heard about SIA accepting MDIS. What about shatec?

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 1:19 pm

:shock: thats very strange, why do they reject u while u have friends flying with them? I think you should just go keep trying! :D

hopegal wrote:Hi!

Anyone here ave any idea that SQ accept Raffles LaSalle cert? Cos I been there a few times and I always pass my first round but when come to cert, they rejected me. I am holding Advance dip in fashion marketing and merchandising. But I have friends from the same school and they are already flying with them. Can anyone gelp me to that? Wondering if i should go on21 and 22..
-~-~Growing my wings! Grow faster! I wanna Fly High & be a High Flyer hehe~-~-

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 2:59 pm

hopegal wrote:Hi!

It would be good if you can get that sorted out before you head down for the interview. Try emailing the HR department for clarifications. :)

septemberrr
Regular
Regular

Post by septemberrr » Sun, 15 Apr 2007 9:32 pm

I know someone who is now flying with SQ who was from MDIS.

Ireneger

Post by Ireneger » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 2:14 pm

Dear gers

FYI, i just tried SQ last interview months back at Sheraton Hotel. I manage to pass the group interview. Before entering the 2nd round which is kebaya stage, they will have to check your certs. I was been ask to leave due to holding a Pte dip from MIS. It is a MUST to have their min. requirement in GCE O Level!

I hope my experience answered to you all gers :)

bakquah

Photocopy Certificates

Post by bakquah » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:55 pm

Do we have to show them the original certs or photocopies? Will they still accept the photocopies certs?

Ireneger

Re: Photocopy Certificates

Post by Ireneger » Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:51 pm

bakquah wrote:Do we have to show them the original certs or photocopies? Will they still accept the photocopies certs?
They did indicate on the website what to bring. If i didn't remember wrongly, SQ need both.

bakquah

Post by bakquah » Thu, 19 Apr 2007 1:19 pm

What if I lost the original copy, will I stand a chance to go thru?

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Thu, 19 Apr 2007 2:51 pm

bakquah wrote:What if I lost the original copy, will I stand a chance to go thru?

Dun worry. First round they dun check your certs...

If you are qualified for the next round, then pls take some effort to get the duplicate copies of the cert from MOE or ur sch respectively... even better, get it now b4 the interview so tat u wont post so much questions later on...

Its funny to see someone so determined to be a cabin crew, but do not make much effort to have everything go smoothly... :-| :-|

Hero83

Post by Hero83 » Thu, 19 Apr 2007 4:24 pm

camperboy wrote:Dun worry. First round they dun check your certs...
First round and so-called second round are both done on the same day. If you don't have the certifications with you after you pass the first round, they will ask you to leave. If you do, next round is the water confidence test and you gotta pick the date. This is for guys.