Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Coby

Gore-tex

Post by Coby » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 5:39 am

Hey Ecila and Usernameblah,
I'm going to have a rhinoplasty with Dr. Jung, too. Someone asked him on his website that how long would gore-tex last, and he said he's been doing it for 6 years and see no problems at all. Only 6 years? How about 7 years or 10 years or 20 years later ? Hmm... Eventhough some research found on Google.com said that Gore-tex can last for 25+ years, but in reality, it's only been used in plastic surgery in the recent years. And one of my relative who has been working for the biological research institute told me that sientists mostly post their research only when they have good results --> bad results r probably not announced yet.
Soo... I'm kinda... worried. :P Gore-tex will make the nose look nice and natural, but it's hard to reverse, too.
Anyway, hopefully it will last for a life-time as the Doc. said. Praying...

usernameblah

Re: Gore-tex

Post by usernameblah » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 6:18 am

:D
Last edited by usernameblah on Sun, 01 Feb 2009 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ecila

Post by ecila » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 7:46 am

Coby, I'm afraid too. But i guess, nose jobs probably have to do multiple revisions through life. Furthermore , i'm 19 even if it could last for 25 years , i am only 44. Oh dear. I'm having second thoughts already. Somehow, i dont know why,Dr Jung seems money hungry to me. When i commented that 4000USD is a little on the high side,he lowered to 3500 and praising me like I'm cute etc so he doesn't care just want to see me. =s. Well and further research from other forums and Korea qualified plastic surgeon bodies website, his name is none to be found. =s. Sort of regret for being rash. Well, since I've already book my flight, i might as well just go for consultations with Dr Jung and around the clinic and then make the final decision.

Usernameblah,

I'm staying there for 2 weeks you see and the accomodation is sort of leaning towards the high side. The cheaper ones look eerie. So probably i might stay in more mid range which will be around 186 something... 2 weeks will be around 2604. Transport about 300. Ps about
5,313.37 SGD . Air ticket about 1109 SGD...and what about food ? so 10k is the minimal already.. in my opinion of course. Any kind souls are welcome to teach me how to stretch my dollar. By the way, you going alone?

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 1:49 pm

ecila wrote:Coby, I'm afraid too. But i guess, nose jobs probably have to do multiple revisions through life. Furthermore , i'm 19 even if it could last for 25 years , i am only 44. Oh dear. I'm having second thoughts already. Somehow, i dont know why,Dr Jung seems money hungry to me. When i commented that 4000USD is a little on the high side,he lowered to 3500 and praising me like I'm cute etc so he doesn't care just want to see me. =s. Well and further research from other forums and Korea qualified plastic surgeon bodies website, his name is none to be found. =s. Sort of regret for being rash. Well, since I've already book my flight, i might as well just go for consultations with Dr Jung and around the clinic and then make the final decision.

Usernameblah,

I'm staying there for 2 weeks you see and the accomodation is sort of leaning towards the high side. The cheaper ones look eerie. So probably i might stay in more mid range which will be around 186 something... 2 weeks will be around 2604. Transport about 300. Ps about
5,313.37 SGD . Air ticket about 1109 SGD...and what about food ? so 10k is the minimal already.. in my opinion of course. Any kind souls are welcome to teach me how to stretch my dollar. By the way, you going alone?
elica,
U can stay at their guesthouse if u don mind, it cheaper that way.. bout 40SGD per nite. I am lucky that i can claim my points to fly their free, i only need to spend on lodging and makan only.. 8-) going to be there for about 10days.

I am going on end may too.. trying book a cheaper hotel. but seoul is a capital of korea hence their standard of living is really high, it quite similar to Japan. so even their 3 stars hotel also gonna cost round 100+++ SGD.

Found a few guesthouse which is clean, cheap and near downtown, so why not rite? after PS rest a few days go shopping!! hehe.. :P

Dr Jung quoted me 5kUSD at 1st, cos he said i already have implant done, i need to take out my implant before i insert the gortex, so it consider a double operation.. hmmm..
and he gave me a 10% disc after i said it expensive, so it will cost me 4500USD for all.. sound hungry of money huh? i don know lay.. mabe he just been nice la..

Anyway, as i said again i haven decide whether to let him do it, i need to consult a couple of clinic there 1st before i decide. mabe u should consider to do that too.

usernameblah

Post by usernameblah » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 2:45 pm

Last edited by usernameblah on Sun, 01 Feb 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ecila

Post by ecila » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 3:35 pm

Ocean11,

Ya . Probably he is being kind. Guess it's just me. I'm always cynical in believing ppl meant good esp when money is involved.Sorry if i offended you... haha.. I've sent reservations to guesthouses.. Their reply : fully booked. =s Well i'll keep on trying others too. Thanks!

usernameblah,

will update=)

suemei
Regular
Regular

Post by suemei » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 4:41 pm

Wow Elica u're leaving so soon!! BEST OF LUCK !! :D
ecila wrote:Ocean11,

Ya . Probably he is being kind. Guess it's just me. I'm always cynical in believing ppl meant good esp when money is involved.Sorry if i offended you... haha.. I've sent reservations to guesthouses.. Their reply : fully booked. =s Well i'll keep on trying others too. Thanks!

usernameblah,

will update=)

perfume

Post by perfume » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 4:44 pm

usernameblah wrote:
ecila wrote:My mistake. Dr Jung quoted me 3500usd. usernameblah, Are you satisfied with the result? How long did you stay there in korea? Which hotel did you stay in?

I booked my flight on tomorrow night for two weeks. =s Fast and furious. Feeling a little scared if the op fails..oh noooooo. 10 k gone plus another 10 k to revert back. =s
I havent gotten my surgery done yet. I booked my ticket and going in early July. 10K ? I am gonna borrow more student loans and credit cards if needed. I am having multiply P.S. jobs.
Hey which bank do you recommend for student loans? thanks!

suemei
Regular
Regular

Post by suemei » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 4:44 pm

hey do u have any websites for Dr.Park??

For Dr.Kim..if u read previous posts.. one of the ppl from forum wasn't satiesfied wid d result.. i can't remember d page and the name of the person already.. but u can definitely manage to find d post lol...
usernameblah wrote:I will post here until I have enough post to send a pm to u ppl.

Comparing Dr. Park from OzClinic and Dr. Jung from nose.co.kr:

I wrote to both Surgerons with my same message. Dr Park's writting seem more "caring" and more "professional" as compared to Dr. Jung is more casual and "friend" than professional. But I can't judge them by "how" they sound, rather than their works.. right?

anyways, Dr. Jung and his "name" in Korea.. gives me a harder choice. Between Dr Park, Dr. Kim (Bk Clinic).

you are both going before my Surgery. I hope you can update me when I have my Surgery in beginning of July.

suemei
Regular
Regular

Post by suemei » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 4:46 pm

Hey Elicia.. do u mind if u post d website here for the guesthouse?? or the current hotel u booked since it's already fully booked in guesthouse??
ecila wrote:Ocean11,

usernameblah,

will update=)

suemei
Regular
Regular

Post by suemei » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 4:48 pm

Awww! I'm going in EARLY AUG !! too bad i cant make it to early july.. or else we can go together?maybe? hehe
usernameblah wrote:I will post here until I have enough post to send a pm to u ppl.

Comparing Dr. Park from OzClinic and Dr. Jung from nose.co.kr:

I wrote to both Surgerons with my same message. Dr Park's writting seem more "caring" and more "professional" as compared to Dr. Jung is more casual and "friend" than professional. But I can't judge them by "how" they sound, rather than their works.. right?

anyways, Dr. Jung and his "name" in Korea.. gives me a harder choice. Between Dr Park, Dr. Kim (Bk Clinic).

you are both going before my Surgery. I hope you can update me when I have my Surgery in beginning of July.

usernameblah

Post by usernameblah » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 6:53 pm

Last edited by usernameblah on Sun, 01 Feb 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 8:57 pm

Eclia

Aww.. don be silly.. he is not my father, how do u offend me? hehe.. :lol:

Guest house all fully booked? hmm.. when are u leaving?

i have booked mine recently thru a fren, but i can't recall wat is the name of the guest house. will try to check and get back to u when i back in sg..

If i am not wrong, heard about Dr Park from Oz, the comment was he seem to be too free! as in reply ur email very fast compare to those famous doc eg Dr Jung & Dr Kim.. and his finger smell of nicotine when he touches ur nose (this info from another forum's forumer that had visited him last year) meaning to say.. no biz!! :o :o
U can try another one that is also called Dr Park from Dream clinic. heard he really very famous. Or Jelim as well..
Guess the clinic i wanna to visit on May are:

1.Dream clinic
2.Jelim clinic
3.Dr Jung

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:37 pm

suemei wrote:Hey Ocean ! I heard of "plastic surgery street" too ! where many docs will be standing outside clinic and put a big smile on their faces !! hehehe :D

WIsh u best of luck too when it comes to your turn :wink:

By d way... i read previous posts on previous pages.. some of them said, pics shown in Dr.Jung's website don't give a significant result but when u visit his clinic, he will show u other more significant improvement pics !

You mus be sorta rich hehe can spend so many days in Korea since u going to get some consultations from other clinics.. really envy :)
ocean11 wrote:
chiqita wrote:Dear Hannah Lee/ Shermaine/ Blueberrymochi/ Badboy/ Winnie2006,

Is there a number for Twin Haus that I could call to book a room reservation? I tried calling the number on website but the lady who answered the phone could not speak English and gave a mobile number which does not work.

Greatly appreciate your help here. Thanks.

Rgds,
C

Chiqita,
u leaving in 2 weeks time!? good luck dude.. me leaving to korea on end may too.. hehe..
But i stil haven decide which clinic.. too many to choose.. haiz.. tiring.. Heard lotsa good view in dreamclinic as well, really make me confused.. and taiwanese recommanded magic clinic.. fainted boy.. :???:

Not that i don have confidence with Dr Jung.. just that his website photos for ladies really not impressive.. abit too big for lady face..
so i decided to go korea famous 'Plastic surgery street' and consult before i make decision.. :P
Dear i am not rich la! i wish i am.. hehe :lol:
i got to eat bread for a mth for having this trip!! :cry:

u heard about that street too? hehe.. mabe u should do the same, consult 1st before u decide which doc..

mynose!

Post by mynose! » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:53 pm

hey guys
if you just wanted to raise the height of the bridge, with no L or I implants how do they go about doing that?