Singapore Expats

Private health insurance

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
shirinvj

Private health insurance

Post by shirinvj » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 9:38 am

HI,

Could anyone lead me in the right direction? I've called 2 companies that only cover inpatient hospital stays. I'm looking for comprehensive coverage like what we have in Oz.

Thanks
Shirin

muratkorman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by muratkorman » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:32 pm

Hi Shirin,

My company has provided me a package from a company in UK. I don't know if online application is possible, but check it out. They have comprehensive packages.

www.medicare.co.uk
With my kind regards

Murat Korman

NJ

Post by NJ » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 4:37 pm

you may want to consider Bupa or AIG. They both have 'international' plans.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:44 pm

You will find that it next to impossible to find insurance like Medicare/Medibank in OZ. Most that you will find will cover you for over night hospital visits only.
I was amazed to find that I could not get cover for my pre-exsisting medical conditions-asthma & thyroid.

pedro

Post by pedro » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:57 pm

NJ wrote:you may want to consider Bupa or AIG. They both have 'international' plans.
Based on my research and profile AIG offers the one of the best package.

shirinvj

Post by shirinvj » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 9:40 pm

Thanks everyone. I'll give AIG a try. I found one from NTUC Income that has a copayment scheme and covers outpatient and inpatient. It also has global cover. The rest of the insurance companies only covers inpatient. Definitely not a comprehensive as Medibank. No extras covers like dental and chiro. And yes, pre-existing conditions are excluded. There was one with American Express, a global plan but really expensive.

Shirin