Singapore Expats

good news for CX fans, newly cabin crew base in SG late 07

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Sun, 01 Apr 2007 12:44 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Haha..

No needa know how i look like la!! Not important! :)

No one can match anyone's face la. haha..

It was pure interest that i took on such jobs.
I hate the idea of being cooped up in the same office, seeing the same ppl evryday, doing the same thing.

I need adventure. I need to talk to new ppl.
It may be as simple as talking to the ppl i'm serving food to, talking to the ppl who's attending someone's wedding dinner.

At least i'm seeing new ppl, talking to different ppl. :lol:

Thats what i like.

NO WAY! It wasn't a "OH my, i'm gonna apply for SIA when i'm 18 so i must & definitely look for service-line jobs"

No way. If everyone thought that, they'll go mad!! Serious.
They'll be so stressed. Doing it for the sake of upping their chances at getting selected? :o

So far for my 2 interviews at STC, i've been walking there. :D Sometimes if i walk very slow, i'll take 20mins? :)

Its a good walk, allows me tym to keep my mind calm & composed for the interviews. :)

Dear 12345, $300-400 a month is just a room ok! It might be more.
Renting the entire apartment will cost $3k or above, depending on size.

I rmb someone telling me that STC stands for SIA Training Centre. haha. Hope its correct. It might be too long to be called SIATC. haha. :D

The other gurls who made it with me prob have their medical done alr. Some didn't do it straight after the management. They chose to do it the day after.

We're supposed to wait for a call/email from SIA. The doctors have to send a report to SIA first, telling them that we're all chronically fit for the position as a flight stewardess.

Then they'll contact us.

Think it'll take 2/3 weeks? :)

Hope it'd be soon though..

I've decided not to stay at home and do nothing. I'm now looking for a part-tym job again!!! For a month or so. :)
Oh, the news for CX's out. Guess u've seen it earlier than i did. Haha! So u can now tell ur fren to apply. But it's only for SIN-HKG-Colombo flights...that's so not interesting! :( Well well, i guess i'll only know how u look like if i EVER get into SIA. Lol!!!

Wow, u've really got an outgoing personality. U like to meet new faces and talk to different ppl from all walks of life. Izzit dat easy to find a topic to begin with? That's where i face probs at times...not knowing how to start a conversation with a stranger. SAD........

Wahhh...u can walk in the hot sun for 20 mins ar????? Dats very good of u lah coz most gurls would have freaked out! Haha! If it were my sis, i think she'll scream her head off! :lol: So is ur hse near the airport itself? Meaning the airport is about 10-20 mins walk away from STC? :) Ok, guessed as much the rental would be for A ROOM. :lol: :lol: But then renting the entire apartment is soooo expensive!!! :shock:

Oh btw, did u mention to the mgt bout ur intention to take up part-time studies while u're flying? Was just wondering izzit a good point to bring up during mgt...maybe they'll like it coz the candidate still has academic interest in mind?? Hehe...

Haha! Knew u...i think u can never stand sitting at home and do nothing at all! But then u mite not be able to work for even a month since u dun need to wait for the application of employment pass and suff. I'm guessing ur training will start in mid-april :D

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Sun, 01 Apr 2007 11:47 pm

Haha..
No la, i don't needa wait for an employment pass! I just got citizenship in SPORE. :)

Training'll prob start in MAY. All the April classes have been filled out. :)

Airport is like 15mins from STC on a BUS.
There's NO WAY u can walk to STC from airport!! TOO FAR!! :)
I'll faint!! Anyone will.
There's no dirct path to walk also. HAve the highways and all. :)

Walkin from my house to STC is ok la. I know most gurls will complain.
But i wanna save money. Dun wanna cab down or take a bus or something.
Money is VERYYY impt u know? :wink:

Finding a topic to talk with a stranger is not easy. It comes with practice over the years.
We must subject ourselves to more ppl, then we will improve our PR skills. Very impt.

My dad always ask me to read more books on PR and all. Haha.
HE got me my interest in ppl. :)

Oh ya, i didn't mention anything about studying during my management interview. They didn't ask me anything about school or studies so i didn't mention at all.
If they had, i'd most prob tell them i'd study part-tym next tym. :D

So u're making a trip down to SPORE on fri? :)

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 2:18 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Haha..
No la, i don't needa wait for an employment pass! I just got citizenship in SPORE. :)

Training'll prob start in MAY. All the April classes have been filled out. :)

Airport is like 15mins from STC on a BUS.
There's NO WAY u can walk to STC from airport!! TOO FAR!! :)
I'll faint!! Anyone will.
There's no dirct path to walk also. HAve the highways and all. :)

Walkin from my house to STC is ok la. I know most gurls will complain.
But i wanna save money. Dun wanna cab down or take a bus or something.
Money is VERYYY impt u know? :wink:

Finding a topic to talk with a stranger is not easy. It comes with practice over the years.
We must subject ourselves to more ppl, then we will improve our PR skills. Very impt.

My dad always ask me to read more books on PR and all. Haha.
HE got me my interest in ppl. :)

Oh ya, i didn't mention anything about studying during my management interview. They didn't ask me anything about school or studies so i didn't mention at all.
If they had, i'd most prob tell them i'd study part-tym next tym. :D

So u're making a trip down to SPORE on fri? :)
Oooh...if it's in May, then it's gonna be quite a long wait. No wonder u wanna go get a part-time job. Hehe. Have any idea how big is a class? Guess it'll have that going to school feeling once again :lol: :lol:

Wow! STC is so far from the airport!!! Never tot it's gonna be such a distance away from Changi. :) Actually on my previous trip to Singapore, i was soooo close to getting to the airport...i was like on the highway approaching changi. But then dunno where the bus went lah, we were heading towards the....err, gosh i 4gotten its name! U know the place where singapore is producing their own water??? I think it's NEWater if i'm not mistaken :oops:

Yup, i fully agree with u that good communication skills really do come from a lot of practice. Hopefully it's not too late for me to start...guess i may be better now compared to the past but still not good enuf, esp when compared to u!

Oh, bout my trip...the hotel is kinda full this fri so i'm planning to postpone it to monday. Everything's full man, the coach is FULLY-BOOKED too! I noticed it's always the same scenario when it comes to easter breaks. Maybe coz many of the unis are off and all...so that's y. :) But then singapore is always packed to the brim lah, never-ending tourists :D Last X'mas i was there...woah, the CROWD and that was only beginning of Dec! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 9:51 pm

YEah..

MAY is a veryyyyy long wait!!

I can't stay at home and idle!! :D

I think a class has 15 ppl?
Guys and gurls mix. :)

When u come down to SPORE, have a better look yeah! :)
Enjoy ur time here.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 9:54 pm

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:YEah..

Enjoy ur time here.
A batch has roughly 18-20 trainees. 15 is too little! :) Sometimes of different nationalities. 8-)

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 1:35 am

Enjoy ur time here.
Haha! So, have u gotten a job yet??? I understood u missed a call from SIA!!!!! Aaarghhh!!!!! Did u try calling them back? But then no worries lah, they'll sure call u agian in no time :)

Sure sure, i'll definitely take a better look. Mite be going on tues now. Lolx!!! Any idea where's peninsula plaza btw? :lol:

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 1:39 am

M wrote:

Enjoy ur time here.
A batch has roughly 18-20 trainees. 15 is too little! :) Sometimes of different nationalities. 8-)
So u guys and gals are all dressed up smartly in the uniform everyday for training??? :) What are u all being trained on these days? Just so curious...haha!

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 4:05 pm

Hmm, if i'm not wrong, its office wear for the training yeah M?

12345, Just take the MASS RAPID TRANSPORT(grin) and alight at Cityhall.
Peninsular Plaza is just a 5-10min walk away.

Heh heh. :D

Oh yeah, i can't find a job! :(
ARgs.

No one's looking for a 1month available person. Haha...

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 11:39 pm

Icic...thanks for the info ya! :)