Singapore Expats

NEXT SIA RECRUITMENT: 21st-22nd APRIL =)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
banz
Regular
Regular

Post by banz » Sat, 07 Apr 2007 9:23 pm

sori fizus got yr name wrongly... :D

banz
Regular
Regular

Post by banz » Sat, 07 Apr 2007 9:25 pm

sori fizus got yr name wrongly... :D

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Sat, 07 Apr 2007 9:34 pm

hello ppl! i'm pretty new here. i've just got a question.
but before that, i'm a malaysian, male, 19 with SPM qualifications and pretty much planning to apply. seriously haven't had much guidance about what do the males have to go through as most of the replies are all for the females. anyone who've gone through the selection stages mind enlightening me what to expect? thanks in advance!

gloss
Regular
Regular

Post by gloss » Sat, 07 Apr 2007 9:58 pm

banz wrote:hi fiduz...hey thankz 4 the reply gal..i really appreciate yr reply coze i posted reg about my graduation on sept :( but no 1 really gave me a clue about it..i was sooo blur like a sotong if to go or not.. :lol: n you came to my rescue..haha..thankz once again.by the way just abit about me.im actually currently workin at airport as a check-in agent..been there 4 about 2 years..and this is my first time tryin 4 s.i.a...hmm.shall c hw it goes then..Ooops i almost 4 get,btw if goin 4 the interview wat am i suppose to bring coze i dnt have the cert with me..will the letter stating that im schoolin currently will do! :?
I think you need to bring your past qualifications too of i'm not wrong?Like O's cert etc etc.. :D

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Sat, 07 Apr 2007 10:48 pm

RaMz wrote:hello ppl! i'm pretty new here. i've just got a question.
but before that, i'm a malaysian, male, 19 with SPM qualifications and pretty much planning to apply. seriously haven't had much guidance about what do the males have to go through as most of the replies are all for the females. anyone who've gone through the selection stages mind enlightening me what to expect? thanks in advance!
well,im from malaysia oso..but im a girl..haha..i think wht u hav 2 do is bring ur spm cert..at least v 2 credits in eng and the other if im not wrong..correct me if im wrong ya..well,the process r the same as for the stewardess..but the only thing tht makes the difference is u dun hav 2 go through a kebaya fitting..haha :P since u r only 19, make sure tht u can convince thm tht u r qualified n matured enuf 2 b a steward v SIA.. :wink:

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Sat, 07 Apr 2007 11:09 pm

Oh, u mean u can RE-queue again for a second round on the same day?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 07 Apr 2007 11:54 pm

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Oh, u mean u can RE-queue again for a second round on the same day?
I remember this being discussed some time ago; such persons who do such things are selfish since all that does is deprive some people of chance by doubling the interviewers workload.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:01 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Oh, u mean u can RE-queue again for a second round on the same day?
Nah, you wouldn't be allowed to do that. :x

fizus
Regular
Regular

Post by fizus » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:02 am

hmm yea... seems a bit silly too, to re- queue... won't the interviewers remember your face, at the very least? and how many copies of the application form will you bring then? seems like quite a mind- boggling affair. :o

and banz; yep, as mentioned, you need your previous certificates as well. maybe most recent results to if possible. obviously they're not expecting you to have your cert if you haven't graduate, so don't worry about your current qualifications. just tell them you're still schooling in the application form & at the interview. if you're really worried, you can bring along the letter declaring your status as a student i guess.

i lost my IC!!!! :cry: hopefully my other identification materials will suffice... maybe i'll bring the police report as well to verify... urgh such bad timing. it takes a MONTH to make a new one. never knew it was so slowwwww.

msfifi

Post by msfifi » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:06 am

i just remembered!

when I was waiting for the kebaya round outside the room, i saw this girl in my group who didn't make it, walking with another group for their first round!! she saw me, then quickly looked away.

:mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:50 am

haha..y do they want to do tht?the interviewer can recognise u..i dun think tht since u r ord failed earlier,n went for the interview again after few hours won make much difference..thts wht i think... :shock:

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 2:48 am

caryssa wrote: well,im from malaysia oso..but im a girl..haha..i think wht u hav 2 do is bring ur spm cert..at least v 2 credits in eng and the other if im not wrong..correct me if im wrong ya..well,the process r the same as for the stewardess..but the only thing tht makes the difference is u dun hav 2 go through a kebaya fitting..haha :P since u r only 19, make sure tht u can convince thm tht u r qualified n matured enuf 2 b a steward v SIA.. :wink:
that would do. so i see that age isn't a barrier over here? i've got sufficient work experience having worked in a cust. service dept for almost 8 mths..perhaps i should give it a go..thanks a lot for the help!

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 11:42 am

u r welcome ramz..well,at least u got some experiences in customer service..think tht would help a bit..but not totally of coz,bcoz u have 2 present urself well..n how u carry urself during the interview is the most important thing..hope 2 hear a good news fr u after the 21&22 apr interview ya:P

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 11:55 am

M wrote:
Nah, you wouldn't be allowed to do that. :x
well, i juz feel that different grp of interviewers have diff kinds of criteria..besides there are 2 grps of interviewers for grp interviews.. if u r really interested, why can't u queue again?? :roll: the person who queues again, do have to wait another time, go thru the previous rounds... I don't know if that is allowable.. so juz asking :?
but after all it is because he/she really wants to get in.. sorry, but honestly speaking, i do not think that will deprive others of their, if those others are really wat SIA is looking for...

well, interview day is drawing nearer n nearer...
haha.. hey gals, hair mask, face mask, drink more water n mostly importantly rest well!! good luck!!

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 11:58 am

caryssa wrote:
RaMz wrote:hello ppl! i'm pretty new here. i've just got a question.
well,im from malaysia oso..but im a girl..haha..i think wht u hav 2 do is bring ur spm cert..at least v 2 credits in eng and the other if im not wrong..correct me if im wrong ya..well,the process r the same as for the stewardess..but the only thing tht makes the difference is u dun hav 2 go through a kebaya fitting..haha :P since u r only 19, make sure tht u can convince thm tht u r qualified n matured enuf 2 b a steward v SIA.. :wink:
well, i have heard that interviews for Malaysians in Malaysia, do not have the kebaya round.. so the girls went thru the same stages as the guys..... sounds so great!! besides, in Singapore, kebaya round is the killer round... I have no idea why was there such a difference.. can they pls go away witht he kebaya round in Singapore instead??? plsssssssss hahahahahaa