Singapore Expats

Does SIA accept PES C flight stewards?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Funky_Punk

Does SIA accept PES C flight stewards?

Post by Funky_Punk » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 3:48 pm

Hello everyone,

are there any PES C flight stewards here? Or does anyone know if SIA accept PES C applicants?

I fractured my arm when I was young and thus I was downgraded to PES C after I declared this during my medical checkup. I am perfectly fine and I gym regularly. Lifting 15, 20kg is no problem at all. Its a childhood injury and there are no scars, no pain whatsoever.

Anyone care to share?

Thank you.

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Post by zombofi » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 3:49 pm

What is PES C ? O_O

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 3:53 pm

i think PES C is some kind of NS status.. right? lol

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 4:05 pm

Hi. Regardless of PES status, if you are deemed fit when you are selected for medical check up then it wont be a problem.

You wont be selected if in any case during medical check up, the doctor found something is wrong and thus can fail you in the selection.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 8:14 pm

camperboy wrote:Hi. Regardless of PES status, if you are deemed fit when you are selected for medical check up then it wont be a problem.

You wont be selected if in any case during medical check up, the doctor found something is wrong and thus can fail you in the selection.
That is correct. :)

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 10:59 pm

On the issue of PES status It will be a question posed to you during interviews if it is C and below, they want to know whether there is anything wrong with you and not to cover pre-existing illnesses.

Anyway, your aviation medical will have the final say.

Funky_Punk

Post by Funky_Punk » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 8:38 am

Hi people,

thanks for all the replies.

To be frank, my condition is a case of arm dislocation when I was 5 years old. It healed completely within 2 to 3 weeks when I was a kid. Should I tell the doctor that during the medical checkup?

Actually I have already been through one round of the SIA medical checkup. I made it past all the rounds of interviews and told the doctor that I was PES C during the checkup. However, when the doctor asked why I was PES C, I just said that it was due to me being flat-foot.

At that point of time, the doctor wasn't very convinced as he said normally the Army would not grade a personnel PES C based on a flat-foot problem.

As it turns out, I received a letter of notification saying that I was not selected by SIA. That was in last year's May.

Do you guys think I can try again for this coming April's interview? I really wanna be part of SQ. I know I shouldn't have "chao keng" during my Army days, but I didn't consider the consequences of being graded to PES C then.

Any advice?

meLyana

Post by meLyana » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 9:18 am

No. you should not tell the doctor that since the arm dislocation of yours had healed completely.

before i joined spf, i too had arm dislocation during my childhood days and told the doctor about my condition. that self confession made me failed the medical checkup test and had to reapplied to spf for the second time. so after i was shortlisted again, i dare not confess the doctor and he didnt said anything about any arm dislocation or internal injuries during the checkup and i passed the medical checkup thingy. i would have long joined spf if i would not confess to him such cases.

dont worry. there's nothing to worry about since your arm dislocation has healed completely.

Funky_Punk

Post by Funky_Punk » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:29 am

Thanks meLyana for your reply.

I think I shall not tell him then. But the thing is I went for the SIA medical checkup once in May last year. I think they kept a copy of our records right?

The other time I failed the medical checkup was because the doctor wasn't convinced that I got PES C simply due to a flat-foot problem.

I really don't know what to do...

My arms are totally normal, perhaps I should do an x-ray to show the doctor that my arms are fine? Do you think that will work?

Last time at CMPB I lied to the Army doctor my arm hurts while lifting heavy loads, that's why I got PES C.

I don't want to go through 5 rounds of interview again only to be eliminated in the medical round.

That really hurts..

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:34 am

Funky_Punk wrote:Thanks meLyana for your reply.

I think I shall not tell him then. But the thing is I went for the SIA medical checkup once in May last year. I think they kept a copy of our records right?

The other time I failed the medical checkup was because the doctor wasn't convinced that I got PES C simply due to a flat-foot problem.

I really don't know what to do...

My arms are totally normal, perhaps I should do an x-ray to show the doctor that my arms are fine? Do you think that will work?

Last time at CMPB I lied to the Army doctor my arm hurts while lifting heavy loads, that's why I got PES C.

I don't want to go through 5 rounds of interview again only to be eliminated in the medical round.

That really hurts..
Lessons to those who have not serve NS yet. Never lie just to get lower Pes.

:lol:

Kidding..

meLyana

Post by meLyana » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:18 pm

yup.. lessons to be learnt. who ask you to lie in the first place? hehe.. think they do keep the records. just stay cool. as long as you dont have internal injuries or asthamtic problems etc.. ure fine. cos for what i know, the medical procedure of SIA is just the same as the medical procedure for SPF.. they will check whether ure fit for the job thats all..
as for the flat foot case, think its normal. just try ur luck this time alright..

*good luck*

forzeof1

Re: Does SIA accept PES C flight stewards?

Post by forzeof1 » Fri, 06 Apr 2007 12:29 am

Funky_Punk wrote:Hello everyone,

are there any PES C flight stewards here? Or does anyone know if SIA accept PES C applicants?

I fractured my arm when I was young and thus I was downgraded to PES C after I declared this during my medical checkup. I am perfectly fine and I gym regularly. Lifting 15, 20kg is no problem at all. Its a childhood injury and there are no scars, no pain whatsoever.

Anyone care to share?

Thank you.
It doesnt matter really bro..
If you pass thru the final management and going for the medical check up,
just dont tell them it is still hurting.. just say that you are fit.. and durin your 1 to 1 interview just say that you like to hit the gym and keep fit at least 1 or 2 times a week..
And colour blindness also a no no..

Funky_Punk

Post by Funky_Punk » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 9:06 am

Thanks for the reply, bro.

I do go to the gym 3 times a week at Cali.

By the way, it is ok to tell them I have a childhood injury right? Although they have no access to our army records, I think the medical board wasn't very conviced that I got PES C due to a flat foot problem.

I think they must have suspected that I have some strange illness, that's why I didn't make it. They only sent me a rejection letter after 4 months. My case must have been pending for quite some time. I shall make it clear to them this time round.

Hopefully I can get through.

Someday, I'll fly away..
fly.. fly.. away..

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 1:02 am

Worry about this when you have reached the final round. For now, just concentrate on the earlier rounds would be more advisable. :)

Funky_Punk

Post by Funky_Punk » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 8:30 am

Thanks for your reply M,

the thing is I have already made it through all the rounds and went for the medical check-up last year.

However, I received a letter of rejection from them after 4 months. They did not state the reason and thus I wanna try again. I'm sure I will make it through all the interview rounds. It's actually real easy if you know the tactics.

Sigh.. its the medical checkup I am worried about as I am PES C1. Although it was just a case of elbow dislocation when I was 5 years old. I don't know if this would amount to a rejection.