Singapore Expats

where to get ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
xcellancy

where to get ?

Post by xcellancy » Sat, 31 Mar 2007 4:54 pm

i have 2 things that i hope to get but i dunoe where to buy them :???:

1) where have sell wide range of boxes ? but specifically, i am looking for shoeboxes, but any size that can fit a pair of shoes in oso can

2) where to get faux skin? eg. fake croc skin,etc...

those who know where plssssss help.. thanks alot:D

P.S. i not sure whether i post in the correct section or not. mod pls move whenever is needed. :wink:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 Mar 2007 7:26 pm

Boxes if decorative shoe boxes can be gotten at Ikea.

Fake Croc, Gator, furs can be gotten from the various fabric merchants either in Peoples Park Complex or at City Mall(?) in Katong/Sims Road
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Rich D » Sun, 01 Apr 2007 6:36 pm

If I'm not mistaken the place sms is referring to is City Plaza - it's the one opposite Lion City Hotel is it not?

Shows how poor my observation is - I'm not completely sure of its name and never knew they sold fabrics in there even though I must drive past it a couple of times a week! I noticed the garish paint job they did on it a few months back though!
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

xcellancy

Post by xcellancy » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 6:43 am

thanks guys... really really really appreciate ur help :D

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:53 pm

Rich D,

I knew it wasn't quite right! For the life of me it just wouldn't come out. And I've taken my son there for clothing (kids suits especially) for the past umpteen years. :oops:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Rich D » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 9:50 pm

You were probably having a "senior moment", I get them too these days.

Next stage is to join the CRAFT club. Unfortunately its not an allusion to becoming cunning in old age, it stands for Can't Remember A F-ing Thing!
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:40 am

Rich D wrote:You were probably having a "senior moment", I get them too these days.

Next stage is to join the CRAFT club. Unfortunately its not an allusion to becoming cunning in old age, it stands for Can't Remember A F-ing Thing!
Ha ha! SMS is not on his own by a long way! I joined the craft club a few years back, my excuse is that only important things are worth remembering! :lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 9:33 am

I believe when we were younger wasn't it called "a blonde moment"?

:P

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 9:42 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I believe when we were younger wasn't it called "a blonde moment"?
Er, how can you have a 'blonde' moment when you don't have hair? :P

(At least, I thought you said before you were bald. And if you didn't then it must be me having a senior blonde moment!)

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Re: where to get ?

Post by Wind In My Hair » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 9:52 am

xcellancy wrote:1) where have sell wide range of boxes ? but specifically, i am looking for shoeboxes, but any size that can fit a pair of shoes in oso can
Sometimes I ask shoe shops if they can spare a box or two. If you ask nicely as a favour, most of them are quite generous and will give what they can spare, for no charge. Just ask a few shops till you get enough boxes!

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Fri, 06 Apr 2007 4:48 pm

ksl wrote:
Rich D wrote:You were probably having a "senior moment", I get them too these days.

Ha ha! SMS is not on his own by a long way! I joined the craft club a few years back, my excuse is that only important things are worth remembering! :lol:
A colleague of mine calls the CRAFT club members as gurus. According to him, we can always find the info we're looking for. It's only the very important things which the gurus remember.

Well, they say that Pavlov (the guy who came up with the classical conditioning theory in psychology) was a genius but his wife only gave him enough money for his fare since he can be so focused on his work that he forgets the other trivial details. Even Einstein doesn't bother with trivial details like getting a nice hair-do. :P

Last edited by Asian_Geekette on Fri, 06 Apr 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Re: where to get ?

Post by Asian_Geekette » Fri, 06 Apr 2007 4:50 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
xcellancy wrote:1) where have sell wide range of boxes ? but specifically, i am looking for shoeboxes, but any size that can fit a pair of shoes in oso can
Sometimes I ask shoe shops if they can spare a box or two. If you ask nicely as a favour, most of them are quite generous and will give what they can spare, for no charge. Just ask a few shops till you get enough boxes!
xcellancy,
How many shoe boxes do you need? As a woman, I do have a lot of shoes (but not as much as Imelda Marcos :D ) and I've thrown away a lot of shoe boxes.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning