Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
forzeof1

Post by forzeof1 » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:56 pm

charlene_yy wrote:Thank to those who have replied GroundZiro,lindylimp,forzeof1

and given me encouragement :) i'm still hesistating to go cause i've wasted so much time on the interview, so i don't know if i should really wait for 6months later...

To forzeof1: same qns as 12345, so have you made it to become a SQ girl? how long more after 6 months did u succeed?

TIA =]
SQ girl... No.. SQ Boy to be exact... they told me about the 6 mths thingy and i didnt listen.. i just proceed with all the walk-ins there after i got thru the 2nd round.. the interviewer told me not to waste my time.. wait 6 mths or more and try again.. cause even though u get thru the 2nd round.. you'll be wastin your time cause they will get u booted out on your 3rd interview.. so finally i waited from april- may 06 till the jan walk in.. and finally its worth the long wait.. will be startin my trainin tomorrow..

charlene_yy

Post by charlene_yy » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 4:12 pm

forzeof1 wrote: SQ girl... No.. SQ Boy to be exact... they told me about the 6 mths thingy and i didnt listen.. i just proceed with all the walk-ins there after i got thru the 2nd round.. the interviewer told me not to waste my time.. wait 6 mths or more and try again.. cause even though u get thru the 2nd round.. you'll be wastin your time cause they will get u booted out on your 3rd interview.. so finally i waited from april- may 06 till the jan walk in.. and finally its worth the long wait.. will be startin my trainin tomorrow..
ops sorry! got ur gender wrong. hehe :p
was lookin forward to your reply. THANKS

congrats on making it and have fun at training heard it kinda tiring. i guess with your advice i'll just be skipping the interviews till 6months or maybe longer (cause i just applied to study part-time degree). wonder if can cope with school and SIA? haha

plus i think its really tough for me to pass round 1. what if i never ever pass round 1 again. ain't it hopeles.... gosh feeling demoralised all of a sudden :roll:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 9:38 pm

forzeof1 wrote:SQ girl... No.. SQ Boy to be exact... they told me about the 6 mths thingy and i didnt listen.. i just proceed with all the walk-ins there after i got thru the 2nd round.. the interviewer told me not to waste my time.. wait 6 mths or more and try again.. cause even though u get thru the 2nd round.. you'll be wastin your time cause they will get u booted out on your 3rd interview.. so finally i waited from april- may 06 till the jan walk in.. and finally its worth the long wait.. will be startin my trainin tomorrow..
Hmmm batch 909.... :)

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 9:43 pm

OOOh.

the number i want , M!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 9:48 pm

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:OOOh.

the number i want , M!
Errr, I think your batch will be from 915-920 man! :)

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 9:49 pm

Are u serious?

I thought April class no more alr?

Thought 910 is the last?

Oh man.

I'm waiting for their call.. can die eh...
Me and my fren are soooooo anxious!! :shock: :shock:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 9:52 pm

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Are u serious?

I thought April class no more alr?

Thought 910 is the last?

Oh man.

I'm waiting for their call.. can die eh...
Me and my fren are soooooo anxious!! :shock: :shock:
It really depends on your notice period if any and the availability of the trainers. Just my speculation, nothing concrete please. :)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:40 pm

onee wrote:hii xmischax, wow so coincidence, i'm same age as u. poly student also, height of ard 158-159m too, and most importantly share the same dream
as u! & tht is, going for the interview after getting a dip :) hi5!!!

got a couple of qns to ask u, have u tried the SIA interviews b4?

hey both of you!
im also born in e yr of 1989!
gg tp this year - htm diploma!
after 3 years, i will go for SIA! hopefully i will get chosen!
goodluck both of you too! :D.
i guess @ e age of 18, its quite year to try sia interviews.
but i heard even a o level holder got selected as well.
=][/quote]

heyloo heyloo! welcome to the club man! all the 89s lol :lol:

i'm not yet 18, that's why i've hesitated to try again.. are you trying out this time, or 3 years later?

blackapple
Regular
Regular

Post by blackapple » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:06 am

just curious. there's so many walkin girls during interviews. so how many batch they take each time? :?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:07 am

blackapple wrote:just curious. there's so many walkin girls during interviews. so how many batch they take each time? :?
how many batch they take? what do you mean?

blackapple
Regular
Regular

Post by blackapple » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:12 am

like silkair take 1batch (20girls) each recruitment. how abt sia? :D

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 1:01 am

blackapple wrote:just curious. there's so many walkin girls during interviews. so how many batch they take each time? :?
Probably 5-8 batches per walk-in. Or even more. We wouldn't know and this figure wouldn't matter anyway. :)

blackapple
Regular
Regular

Post by blackapple » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 1:08 am

i see. lol, just curious about the precentage of girls getting the job from the walkin. hehe. good luck to all trying the coming recruitment! :D

lynn-89
Regular
Regular

Post by lynn-89 » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 9:18 pm

xmischax wrote:heyloo heyloo! welcome to the club man! all the 89s lol :lol:
i'm not yet 18, that's why i've hesitated to try again.. are you trying out this time, or 3 years later?

hmm i will be trying in 2 years time, i'm in poly yr 2 now. i guess i'm not ready yet for now :) what abt u, xmischax?
Dare to Dream

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 9:20 pm

lynn-89 wrote:hmm i will be trying in 2 years time, i'm in poly yr 2 now. i guess i'm not ready yet for now :) what abt u, xmischax?
i pm-ed you! :)