Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
imjase

Post by imjase » Sun, 01 Apr 2007 8:32 pm

Hey people,

Just wanted to say from my own experience don't neglect post-op care. Its really important the first 14 days you get good post-op care incase of any wound/infection possibilities. (well for me anyways)

I had my op with Dr Chuang in taiwan and I literally saw him every day and was given shots each day. When a wound appeared inside my lower lip after a week because I was moving it too much (from talking and probably doing things i wasnt suppose to) - he spotted it straight away and managed to fix the wound. He said he removed some debris from me eating congee i think if it was left it would have fell in my stitches and infected my implant over time.

With my nose it was cleaned inside each day and there are some areas deep inside your nose which the doctor can only clean with tweezers and other materials. My nose was very well looked after and its been 11 days now and swelling has dramatically reduced compared to after surgery.

min_21

Post by min_21 » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:30 am

Hi all, i'm Julie and i'm new here. I am thinking of getting breast implant in singapore. Most of the post are about surgery overseas.. Can someone recommend a good doctor in singapore?

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 5:25 am

min_21 wrote:Hi all, i'm Julie and i'm new here. I am thinking of getting breast implant in singapore. Most of the post are about surgery overseas.. Can someone recommend a good doctor in singapore?
well julie,

this thread is abt surgery aboard, not spore, thats the reason for most posting abt overseas doctors.

as for local doctor good in breast implant, anyone is kind enough to help?
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 5:33 am

imjase wrote:Hey people,

Just wanted to say from my own experience don't neglect post-op care. Its really important the first 14 days you get good post-op care incase of any wound/infection possibilities. (well for me anyways)

I had my op with Dr Chuang in taiwan and I literally saw him every day and was given shots each day. When a wound appeared inside my lower lip after a week because I was moving it too much (from talking and probably doing things i wasnt suppose to) - he spotted it straight away and managed to fix the wound. He said he removed some debris from me eating congee i think if it was left it would have fell in my stitches and infected my implant over time.

With my nose it was cleaned inside each day and there are some areas deep inside your nose which the doctor can only clean with tweezers and other materials. My nose was very well looked after and its been 11 days now and swelling has dramatically reduced compared to after surgery.
ouch! take real good care for the next 2-3 mths. and enjoy ur new life! :wink:

did u take tianqi for post op wound healing?
Golden Rules of PS:

Badboy

Re: Dr. Jung

Post by Badboy » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 6:01 am

ocean11 wrote:

Hi hi badboy,
1st of all, would like to thank u for all ur infomation contribution in this forum, esp for me that i decided to go korea this yr for my nose revision!
I am still deciding whether to go magicclinic, dreamclinic or Dr Jung.
and 2nd congrats on ur new nose!! Very pls to know another successful case that done in Korea. :)

Mind i ask a few qns (i know u wouldnt mind.. hehe :P )

I cant rem whic website that i saw, heard Dr Jung clinic/building is quite badly beaten?? true?

Read thru taiwan forum, he is quite famous among taiwanese as well, cos a few taiwan gals went to him for nose job,and i've in touched with one of the taiwan lady thru mails, she claimed that she met up with 2 of the taiwanese foumer, their nose was done by Dr jung, but the comment was abit too manly for a lady face.. It is true that Dr Jung only good in men's nose?
my face really quite small, cant afford to have a manly nose.. hehe :lol:

Did u consult a few doc in korea before u decided on him?

this is abit too personal.. Ur age? u don have to ans me if u are not comfortable with this qns :lol:
cos i am no longer young, so i guess my healing process is going take longer compare to youngs and the scaring is wat i am afraid of too.. U seem to heal pretty fast, so i guess u must be quite young..

But one thing for sure, he got a very good reputation in after service, heard he's very caring and fatherly! that is so important!!

Sorry so many qns.. thanks in advance!! :D

Take good care!
Hi ocean11!

About Dr. Jung's building, it's certainly not a brand new building, but it's far from "badly beaten." It's not the shiny new building that BK Clinic has in Apgujeong, but, to me, Dr. Jung's building looks no different from all the other buildings in Gangnam, which is considered one of the most affluent districts in Seoul. As I recall, his building is made out of gray stone/granite. There are a number of businesses that occupy his building. There's a Starbuck's at the corner of his building on the bottom floor - that's how I could find his building, because they really all do look alike. On the first floor, there is a financial investments company. Dr. Jung's clinic occupies the 2nd floor. You enter his clinic through 2 large, sliding glass doors. His decor is nice and modern, with large sofas in the waiting area, a large plasma TV on the wall, and recessed lighting throughout. There's a computer w/ Internet access off to the right. There are a couple of small rooms to the left for consultations, all with nice glass doors. Everything is very clean.

"Is it true that Dr Jung is only good in men's nose?" From what I could tell during the week I was there, the majority of his patients are female, which is consistent with the fact that most PS patients are female in general. I was the only male scheduled for surgery that day of the three that he was doing. I wish I could comment on how well Dr. Jung performs on female noses, but, of course, I was only concerned about getting a masculine nose for myself.

For what it's worth, I think I may have seen Shermaine, who has posted on this forum about her positive experience with Dr. Jung.
Shermaine - I hope I'm not embarrassing you, but if you were there on 3/15/07 at about 11 AM, and you're tall with very long legs, then it must have been you. I think you are very pretty, and your nose looked great!

I only consulted with Dr. Kim of BK clinic through email, before deciding on Dr. Jung.

My age? I'm 29 years old. I'm not sure whether that's considered young for doing PS, but it seems most of the patients are in their early 20s. I work out a lot, so maybe that would explain why I'm healing so fast (though I can't exercise for 1 month!! according to the post-op instructions).

I think you're right about Dr. Jung being very fatherly. That's how I felt about him, too.
Last edited by Badboy on Mon, 09 Apr 2007 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Badboy

Re: Dr. Jung

Post by Badboy » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 6:34 am

imjase wrote: Hey badboy,

Do you know what type of nose he gave you afterwards? I mean did he keep it more asian looking or did he give you a more caucasian style nose when he gave you a sharper tip?

E.g. was it like lee min woo/lee jun ki in terms of style. I'm curious to know whats Dr. Jung ideal of a mans nose to be. Or it could be different for each persons face?
Hey imjase,

I'm not sure I know the exact differences between an asian and caucasian nose, but I'm guessing a caucasian has a taller bridge and a sharper tip. Although my nose bridge is 5mm taller, I still don't think it's as tall as the average caucasian nose. Nor is my tip as sharp as a causasian's. Keep in mind that I had a very wide and bulbous tip, and although I think it is dramatically sharper now (and hopefully will get sharper in the coming months), I doubt it'll ever be as sharp as a caucasian's nose.

My tip definitely isn't as sharp as either of those guys (I wish!). My bridge starts out being narrow between the eyes, and becomes slightly wider towards the tip, so it looks natural in my opinion. I do feel that Dr. Jung will sculpt your nose based on your facial features, so he gave me a nose that makes me look the best.
Last edited by Badboy on Mon, 02 Apr 2007 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Badboy

Post by Badboy » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 6:46 am

takuda wrote:yeah wondering too..i would prefer a caucasian/eurasian look. haha, which doc does that best? lol..

just a question, why are the before/after pics on dr jung's site not that impressive? i mean he's so highly regarded, but i don't really see WOW results..is it because he takes the safer/conservative route?? :)
Well, you won't see mine on his site, because I wouldn't sign the consent form to allow him to do so. That might be one reason why he can't display all the good ones. Again, he'll do what the patient wishes. He told me that many patients only want very slight changes. For example, some only want to raise the height by 2 mm, which is barely noticeable. I gave him the freedom to do whatever he thinks is necessary to make my nose look as good as possible, but it had to be natural looking. Although it wasn't right for my facial features, he told me that he could make the height more than 5 mm if appropriate.

I guess it comes down to trusting his skills and his 12 years of experience. He's the most expensive rhinoplasty surgeon in all of Seoul for good reason. As I see it, he couldn't command that sort of price premium given how competitive the market in Seoul is for PS, unless he is that good.

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 3:05 pm

Badboy,

glad to see there's another happy Jung patient here. I agree that if his reputation wasn't good in Korea, then he wouldn't be able to charge such a premium for his services!

As for someone's question about whether he's only good for guy's noses and not girl's noses.......well I think he's good at both.

Happy healing and enjoy your new nose!

imjase

Post by imjase » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 3:18 pm

tanjhj wrote:

whats tianqi? I'm only taking the medication which the doctor asked me to take.

Inspired by badboy's post - I thought I share with people what is a Dr Chuang style male nose looks like after 13 days of surgery. I had virtually the similar type of procedures done to my nose as badboy except I opt'd for a L Silicon Implant instead of gortex which if you backtrack or search you can see my reasons.

My face cheeks/chin/lower chin is still swollen but its slowly subsiding.

The tip and bridge of my nose is still swollen also so I think it will get smaller after time. I post another pic up in 2-3 months time to compare.

My nose is actually more sharper in reality than in the front view of the pic.

Link to my pictures (apologies for the bandage I still have a wound inside my lower lip and its needed so I dont irritate it) :

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u252 ... 505876.pbw

I have a blog where I blogged, video, took pic of the 11-13 days up until now where I wrote down all my thoughts and experience when I went through the surgery so rather than posting pages and pages here if you are interested in knowing my first hand experience then pm me for my blog. Note I blogged it because there is alot of fake people and posters who posts on boards on procedures and hopefully my information will give you more insight into surgeon choices and a real account of surgery.

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

alarplasty

Post by yen2006 » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 10:17 pm

Hi takuda & black_creamer,

I went to KALO to remove my alar stitches yesterday, felt so comfortable after removing but abit itchy

No scar at all, think the PS did a great job :P :P

Will update my photos once settle down. :wink:

*Yen*

isa

Post by isa » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 1:11 am

I just found an exact photo of one person's before/after photo on two different surgeon's respective sites!!!

Someone has obviously stolen from the other, but I can't tell who!

This is terrible :(

balamonz

Post by balamonz » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 2:17 am

imjase wrote:
tanjhj wrote:

Inspired by badboy's post - I thought I share with people what is a Dr Chuang style male nose looks like after 13 days of surgery. I had virtually the similar type of procedures done to my nose as badboy except I opt'd for a L Silicon Implant instead of gortex which if you backtrack or search you can see my reasons.

The tip and bridge of my nose is still swollen also so I think it will get smaller after time. I post another pic up in 2-3 months time to compare.

Link to my pictures (apologies for the bandage I still have a wound inside my lower lip and its needed so I dont irritate it) :

I have a blog where I blogged, video, took pic of the 11-13 days up until now where I wrote down all my thoughts and experience when I went through the surgery so rather than posting pages and pages here if you are interested in knowing my first hand experience then pm me for my blog. Note I blogged it because there is alot of fake people and posters who posts on boards on procedures and hopefully my information will give you more insight into surgeon choices and a real account of surgery.
hi imjase,

could u plz PM me ur blog address, i tried to PM u but apparently, newbie cant PM forumers...i would like to know more about ur surgery as it would help me to make my crucial decision...

thx a lot

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 2:23 am

isa wrote:I just found an exact photo of one person's before/after photo on two different surgeon's respective sites!!!

Someone has obviously stolen from the other, but I can't tell who!

This is terrible :(
it is pretty common i believe. if i not wrong it is a pic of a man eyelid job..
Golden Rules of PS:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 2:25 am

imjase wrote:
tanjhj wrote:

can see still got swelling.. but kudos to ur courage to post ur pic in full.. :D
Golden Rules of PS:

shermaine

Post by shermaine » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 2:41 am

hi there!
its close to 4 weeks since my op with dr. jung, and each day (esp this week) i see more and more refinement in the bridge area, with the tip slowly (albeit frustratingly) chasing up.
i'm quite glad that i didnt choose a narrow dorsum, as it does seem quite narrow to me already under some lighting! but overall, am satisfied with how things are going! once in a while, i get relly upset over how my implant seems more inclined towards the right, but the next thing i knew, it seems perfectly fine! so i put it all down to differential swelling..i hope!

my alar scars are practically gone, but the scar on my columella is still healing, there is no bump or anything, but juz reddish.

however, as with badboy, dr. jung told me i can go back to him should i not be satisfied with anything foc, so i m already makin plans to return sometime in june for a 3-mth++ post op check,esp re my being so paranoid its slanted, and if i still want, some slight alterations.

re dr. jung's building, i was initially quite wary as to wat to expect, as i heard stuff abt it being horrible etc as well, but gosh, i was actually very impressed when i saw the clinic itself! as badboy said, it was very very comfortable and modern AND CLEAN, i think tts very important!
as for the operating theatre, i cant say much, coz to be honest, i was so scared it didnt matter whether it looked like the dumps or the ritz, as long as dr. jung was the one who layed hands on my nose, i'm fine!

like wat hannah/blueberrymochi/badboy said., i think the results of many many of his patients on his personal computer are much better than those on his website, simply because like badboy and i, i dont think they gave consent for their pics to be posted as well.

oh and badboy, were you the one who flew in from america? i think that person was indeed me and i saw you as well. were you sitting on the chair when the nurses took pictures of dr. jung and i??
and i have to say when i first saw you, i was honestly wondering if you came for a post-op check!! coz i thought your nose was relly high and quite defined already, nothing like wat you mentioned!-flat/wide/bullous. you muz be looking relly good now!=) congrats and speedy recovery!
also, you are way too kind and generous, seriously! i felt and am so certain i looked so swollen all over, not sure if you rem, but the first thing i did after takin the pic was rush to the toilet and put my mask back on! lol

anyhow, happy healing to all those who have undergone their surgeries, and all the best to those contemplating as well!
thks. once again to all for your support/advice etc, and i will try my best to update as much as i can too!