Singapore Expats

Emirates Recruiting on 31st March 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ilya

Post by ilya » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:17 pm

Well addition to that, second round, (can't remember exact order of things)

There's problem solving group discussing on some plane crash and wad is vital item for survival. There's some group discussion again on planning some "trip for visually handicap" - might change thou, u gotta come into agreeement with everyone, someone will take notes and someone will present it to the other teams. You kinda work in teams of 10. There's a bit on writing some essay "forgot topic" but something abt an incident that changed your life. then further elimination, and there's the one to one interview for oral test, advise would be remember what you've read, reason is cuz u'll be quizz on it thereafter, its almost like Sec sch oral test, give u passage, give u pix as u describe and then ask u qns based on pix or passage. then some bits on rechecking height and asking more abt our family etc type of things, and further elimination and the i forgot its over 100 qns pyschometic test, and thereafter, u select the timing for ur final interview. =) oh ya its gonna be whole day affair, by end of the day u'll be sooo tired. imagine (heels, bun up hair, suit) smile smile (face cramping lol),

another thing would be after each round you're to scam outside quickly and then return in like 15 mins or 20 mins and they'll put pieces of papers with ur number on it. it either says u get thru or u get booted out.

final interview, based on ur psychometic test they'll ask qns, mine was something like i'm not objective enuff and then alot of scenario based qns. guess i blew it few yrs back plus ultra nervous which was showing. sweaty palms when they shaked my hand.. still thinking if i should try again, might be booted out on first round.. kinda no confidence.. oh well.. that's roughly the process can't really remember. hope it helps a little.

wendily

Post by wendily » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 4:07 pm

To ilya.. I think you should keep trying. If you still have passion and interest to be a cabin crew, guess there's no reason why you should give up trying.

The first time you may be nervous, who knows you might just get in the 2nd try. Don't give up yeah!

Hope to see you there..

stupidangelss

Post by stupidangelss » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 4:46 pm

ilya, keeeep trying! :) don't give up if your interest is in flying!
:wink:

wendily, i'm going to give it a try on saturday too! see you there! :)

remco

Post by remco » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 5:22 pm

hi will some1 tell me if the openings are only for females or even males can attend the interview for emritaes.

ester

Post by ester » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:36 pm

If you are sure this is something you wld enjoy doing, then you shld try again. :)

May I ask how do you tie up your hair in a bun (besides going to a salon)? And is tieing your bun a must thing to do? :???:

ilya

Post by ilya » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:56 pm

Well, I didn't go to a salon, just a normal bun with those bobby pins. its quite hard to explain in words hmmm here's wad i got online

Things You'll Need

* hair tie (preferably should match the color of your hair so that it is not too visable)
* 3 long bobby pins
* hair gel or pomade
* comb or brush

Instructions

* STEP 1: part damp hair on whichever side you prefer and comb straight
* STEP 2: add some hair gel or pomade to straighten and give hair the slicked back look
* STEP 3: pull tight into ponytail (medium high 2 1/2 inches from the nape of your neck)
* STEP 4: grab the end of the ponytail and wrap it around the hair tie(creating a bun) in a clockwise motion until the length of your hair is fully wrapped around the hair tie in a bun shape
* STEP 5: take each of the bobby pins and push them in at an angle towards the center of the bun. The pins goes it an angle towards the center of the ponytail at: 2 o'clock, 6 o'clock and 10 o'clock.

thats the way i did it anyway, best if ur hair is black hmm buy those "cheap bands" think 50 cents a packet black ones.. so it's easily masked.

=) hope this helps

happyfeet
Regular
Regular

Post by happyfeet » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:02 pm

Hi ester,

U need to tie ur hair into a ponytail, then u use hairnet (can be purchase frm places like sinma or chamleon) and cup ur hair in and turn clockwise/anti-clockwise. Secure it with hairpins and use some hairspray to tame the flyaway hair. Hope it helps... There another way, french twist.

I dun think is a must to bun up hair as long as u tie up ur hair and look neat will do. :wink:

Cheers

ester

Post by ester » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:56 pm

Ilya and happyfeet,

Thanks for ur suggestions.
As for tieing of hair into a bun, I would try all ways to tie my hair! :lol:

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:57 pm

They look at the way u interact as a group.

From the way u interact, they are able to tell
Whether u are co-operative or a singleton.
Whether u are selfish or sharing.
Whether u sit on the fence, have strong personal wills and if u have initiative.

The topic posed will not seem like its able to allow them to decide if u are this or that.
But they have their means and ways of detecting ur personality from that.
Afterall, they've conducted the interviews for years alr.

Emirates interview is VERY different from SIA.

remco

Post by remco » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 1:31 am

plz cud sum1 let me know if this interview is open for male applicant as well...

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Post by zombofi » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 4:49 pm

hello remco,

i would advise you to call Emirates perhaps or check out ther site? :)

ilya

Post by ilya » Fri, 30 Mar 2007 9:11 pm

Hihi intrinsic dreamer, just wondering have u been to emirates interview before? ^^

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:They look at the way u interact as a group.

From the way u interact, they are able to tell
Whether u are co-operative or a singleton.
Whether u are selfish or sharing.
Whether u sit on the fence, have strong personal wills and if u have initiative.

The topic posed will not seem like its able to allow them to decide if u are this or that.
But they have their means and ways of detecting ur personality from that.
Afterall, they've conducted the interviews for years alr.

Emirates interview is VERY different from SIA.

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 30 Mar 2007 9:34 pm

Hi iLya!!

Nope. I've never been to emirates.

I only went to SIA. First tym was on 4th MArch.

But i got that info from someone i would say, veryyyy reliable. :wink:

ilya

Post by ilya » Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:50 pm

i was just curious.. ^^ wow.. u got in on first try with sia? gratz.. =)
out of point here, just wondering hmmm u have life jacket when u do the water confi test right? how deep is the pool?
Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Hi iLya!!

Nope. I've never been to emirates.

I only went to SIA. First tym was on 4th MArch.

But i got that info from someone i would say, veryyyy reliable. :wink:

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:49 pm

Hi ilya,

Yup, i got in SIA on my first try. :D

Thanks.

See this, its my post after my water-confidence test.

Its in the thread "SIA recruitment on 4th MArch", page 15.

But here's the direct link So u dun have to go thru the trouble :)

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ft ... c-210.html

Hope this clears all ur doubts on SIA's water-confidence. :D