Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 1:29 am

I just finished my medical today at Shaw Towers.

They'll send the report to SIA and i've to wait fro SIA's email.

Most prob 2/3 weeks later??

Man, i've really nothing to do.

Wanna find a temp job. But who'll take me for only 1 month? Haha..

MOst prob, training will start in mid April or Early MAy. :) :)

GroundZiro

Post by GroundZiro » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 2:15 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:I just finished my medical today at Shaw Towers.

They'll send the report to SIA and i've to wait fro SIA's email.

Most prob 2/3 weeks later??

Man, i've really nothing to do.

Wanna find a temp job. But who'll take me for only 1 month? Haha..

MOst prob, training will start in mid April or Early MAy. :) :)
Congratulation!! Good news indeed, happy for you , i bet you can't wait to start the training soon!!

lynn-89
Regular
Regular

Post by lynn-89 » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:57 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Hi Lynn-89!!
Yeah, i just graduated from Junior College.
I'm year 88. You're 89? :)

Dear HAPPYFEET & LYNV & the many other ladies who PM-ed me,
Thanks for ur wishes.

Well..........................................................................................

8-[ 8-[

I PASSED MY MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yup i'm yr89. i'm a poly student, and shall be graduating in 2yrs time. (: i was thinking of taking the same route as u, as in once i graduated with a diploma, i would like to try out for the interview. ((: so wad are ur plans now? arent u pursuing a higher edu at the uni?
anw, my height just met the min requirement, 1.58m, is it hard to qualify? may i ask wad is ur height?
Dare to Dream

GroundZiro

Post by GroundZiro » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:25 pm

Intrinsic Dreamer , mind to share the process for your management interview>? i guess everybody wants to know more about it.

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 9:30 pm

Lynn-89,
I'm 1.69m.

If your height is 1.57m, it is NOT okay.

U have to be at least 1.58m.

I plan to register with a UNI to study part-tym after i am used to the irregular flying schedules. Maybe a yr later? :)

Groundziro, I'm very excited too. Waiting for an email form SIA to inform me bout my training. Will come about 2 weeks later. :shock:

Haha..

Management? It was ok la. The ladies were really nice. I liked them.

I thought i typed about it somewhere in the forum alr? :)
Last edited by Intrinsic Dreamer on Thu, 29 Mar 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lynn-89
Regular
Regular

Post by lynn-89 » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 9:41 pm

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Lynn-89,
I'm 1.69m. :)

If your height is 1.57m, it is okay.

That is one more thing i helped u gurls ask. Forgot to type it. :)

Gurls who are 1.57m, it is oK!!!!!!!! :D

I plan to register with a UNI to study part-tym after i am used to the irregular flying schedules. Maybe a yr later? :)

Groundziro, I'm very excited too. Waiting for an email form SIA to inform me bout my training. Will come about 2 weeks later. :shock:

Haha..

Management? It was ok la.

oh isee! thx for ur info girl! :) & wow u're so tall! :) anw all the best in ur airline career!
Dare to Dream

xdysee

Post by xdysee » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 9:47 pm

hey intrinsic dreamer,

congrats on passing your management!

if ya going to start in early may, most probably i'll see u.. i should be starting in early may if nothing goes wrong. maybe we can become batchmate. haha! :wink:

charlene_yy

Post by charlene_yy » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:53 pm

hi.. i'm feeling quite vexed, i present my case...

i failed my mgmt round in jan 07 after a zillion trys (i always fail round 1 hands down). was told that i cannot try within nxt 6 months. do they really care about the 6 months???

i'm a SIA FA-die hard wannabe and proceeded to try out again in the recent recruitment, mar 07. as usual being kicked out of round 1. what should i do? should i push my luck and try out for the next recruitment?

GroundZiro

Post by GroundZiro » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:30 am

charlene_yy wrote:hi.. i'm feeling quite vexed, i present my case...

i failed my mgmt round in jan 07 after a zillion trys (i always fail round 1 hands down). was told that i cannot try within nxt 6 months. do they really care about the 6 months???

i'm a SIA FA-die hard wannabe and proceeded to try out again in the recent recruitment, mar 07. as usual being kicked out of round 1. what should i do? should i push my luck and try out for the next recruitment?
Hi Charlene, I think you should keep trying and don't give up easily, because as I browsing through forums, some of them have tried thousand times b4 they succeed. Your experience in the interview is valuable, and you manage to got into the management round somemore, and do you have any idea what went wrong in the mgmt interview? All the best to you!!

blackapple
Regular
Regular

Post by blackapple » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 1:17 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Lynn-89,
I'm 1.69m. :)

If your height is 1.57m, it is okay.

That is one more thing i helped u gurls ask. Forgot to type it. :)

Gurls who are 1.57m, it is oK!!!!!!!! :D

Haha..

Management? It was ok la.

congrats babe!!! :D :D :D

lindylim

Post by lindylim » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 9:56 am

GroundZiro wrote:

Hi Charlene, I think you should keep trying and don't give up easily, because as I browsing through forums, some of them have tried thousand times b4 they succeed. Your experience in the interview is valuable, and you manage to got into the management round somemore, and do you have any idea what went wrong in the mgmt interview? All the best to you!!

let's try again. i failed round 1 twice too. haha. nvm! next recruitment we'll try again. dont give up! *consoling myself too* :P

forzeof1

Post by forzeof1 » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:07 pm

Hi Charlene,

Actually the 6 months thingy is true.. trust me.. been ther and done that.. they will stil boot u out in the 3rd or the 2nd round.. its best that u wait for the 6 months.. or if u really really wanna try your luck then go ahead no one is stopping u but the SIA ppl..

just my 2 cents worth

forzeof1

Post by forzeof1 » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:10 pm

Congrats Intrinsic Dreamer..
See ya soon at STC...

fizus
Regular
Regular

Post by fizus » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 2:26 pm

at the risk of sounding stalker- esque...

i've been trying to gauge the length of the interview process using intrinsic dreamer's postings... so far what i've got is 1st round of interviews and kebaya tests on 4th march, water confidence test on 9th march, management interview on 26th, and training commences mid- april to early- may...

this means the entire process averages to about 1.5- 2 months. if i am graduating in december, would it be advisable to attend the upcoming interviews (i.e. april- august period) or wait for a date closer to my graduation (i.e. sept- dec period)? i know there's no specific dates as yet but roughly it seems there's at least 1 recruitment drive in the 2 periods i specified.

do advice, ideally i'd like to start training immediately after my exams end (i.e. interviews and tests done while i am still an undergrad).

lynn-89
Regular
Regular

Post by lynn-89 » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 2:38 pm

onee wrote:hi!

ive some enquiries. hopefully, ppl out there able to clear my doubts.

i know that NGEEANNPOLY has SIA cabinc rew recruitment talks yearly.
this is proven in e website.

my question is,
how about other polys? such as temasek or singapore poly?

cos i was thinking.
having recruitment talks and selections in polys will increase e chances of getting selected as compared to e huge amounts of pretty girls and guys out there gg for e selections right?

hope to hear yr reply soon.
thanks!
hii onee!
which poly do u come from? i'm from nyp and i heard that SIA did come to my sch during the career fair to recruit poly grads, but i have no idea when they carried out that, *grin*
Dare to Dream