Singapore Expats

please do me a favor to about my self-intro

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sophiamailql

please do me a favor to about my self-intro

Post by sophiamailql » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 6:24 pm

hi,guys,i will have a interview held by SIA this weekend,please help me to check my self-intro or give me some advice,i'm afraid there are so many chinglish in it ,thank you

I appreciate you to give me this opportunity to be here, my name is//,I come from// which is in north of chengdu, I have a happy family in which my father ,my mother, my sister and sister-in-law, all of them love me very much and vice versa. I am studying and working in chengdu since 1998 and now I work in a construction company as a assistant and cashier ,our company will build a big store apartment and five-start hotel(named hyatt)which give me more chance to communicate with different people in home and abroad and then I learn something such as how to get along with colleague or co-operator, how to handle monkey business ,how to deal with emergency situation etc.
I agree with the opinion of American author who has just passed away in the middle of this month.
When she was asked which personal quality do you consider the most important?
She said”
birth is much,breeding is more

Chatter
Chatter

Re: please do me a favor to about my self-intro

Post by 12345 » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:48 am

[quote="sophiamailql"]hi,guys,i will have a interview held by SIA this weekend,please help me to check my self-intro or give me some advice,i'm afraid there are so many chinglish in it ,thank you

I appreciate you to give me this opportunity to be here, my name is//,I come from// which is in north of chengdu, I have a happy family in which my father ,my mother, my sister and sister-in-law, all of them love me very much and vice versa. I am studying and working in chengdu since 1998 and now I work in a construction company as a assistant and cashier ,our company will build a big store apartment and five-start hotel(named hyatt)which give me more chance to communicate with different people in home and abroad and then I learn something such as how to get along with colleague or co-operator, how to handle monkey business ,how to deal with emergency situation etc.
I agree with the opinion of American author who has just passed away in the middle of this month.
She said”

lindylim

Re: please do me a favor to about my self-intro

Post by lindylim » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 9:48 am

[quote="sophiamailql"]hi,guys,i will have a interview held by SIA this weekend,please help me to check my self-intro or give me some advice,i'm afraid there are so many chinglish in it ,thank you

She said”

sophiamailql

Post by sophiamailql » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 1:44 pm

thank you for your advice
birth is much,breeding is more

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:16 am

Don't tell them anything boring that ANY candidate might tell them.

Tell them interesting things about u.

Add a few jokes here and there.

And importantly!!! Watch ur tone, intonation & emphasis on certain details.

U need to grab their attention at things u do not want them to miss out on. :)

estrella
Regular
Regular

Post by estrella » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:45 am

geess :shock: ... u dont have to go through all the trouble about tryin what to say ....

just be confident.. and ya thats it.. dont need to try n memorise all the things u wrote..

you will go blank seriously... all u have to do is be your self... tell all about urself... about ur previous work, that can related to it... and so forth...

dont need to tell about all the... "i agree with the what what what...."... they dont even want to know. its just bout u..

emalf
Regular
Regular

Post by emalf » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 3:35 am

try to keep it simple.

Just stick to the essentials:
1. Your name, what you are currently doing
2. Your related job experience
3. Why do you want to be a stewardess (have an original answer of your own)
4. Hobbies (Optional but sometimes they do ask)

This should be sufficient. I find that it may help to just run through your answers in your mind but dont memorize them in prose. They should come easily to you doing the introduction. nevermind if you missed one or two points, just the gist of it will do.

good luck!

Punkman

Post by Punkman » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:23 am

this might be late but i kind of like the ending! haha