Singapore Expats

new computer monitor, what to buy?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
tokcok

new computer monitor, what to buy?

Post by tokcok » Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:09 am

hi all,

after much delay i've finally decided to upgrade my CRT monitor. upgraded the rest of my computer back in 2002!

what would you reccommend for a 20 incher? LCD, CRT...

i'm also toying with taking this opportunity to upgrade to a better tv, then hook up my computer to use the tv as a monitor. what cards would i need to add to my computer for this to work?

there are some issues with tv used as monitor especially with text being fuzzy. will a plasma tv be ok for this, or will LCD be better?

thanks

lwj02

Post by lwj02 » Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:14 pm

hi.. do u still need to upgrade your computer? u can contact me, Andy, at 97830602..

Sonus
Regular
Regular

Post by Sonus » Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:38 pm

If you are not into photo editing, 19" LCD is a good buy nowadays. I'm using a 19" Philips LCD with DVI output. I use it mostly for DVDs and gaming. The only flaw i notice on my LCD is when i transfer low-res pics from my digicam, the pics look quite awful interms of colours not real enough but hi-res pics is sharp and clear. I think there is one brand LCD that have inbuilt tuner that allows you to watch tv and computing. My LCD comes with 3 years warranty.
Last edited by Sonus on Fri, 14 Jan 2005 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 1:35 am

To highlight soemthing for everyone, I can tell you, that there is no LCD monitor, that can come close in the running of a CRT, WHy not spoil yourself and go for a 21 inch Sony, cheap and probably a 3 year guarantee thrown in, compared to an LCD monitor

Post by Guest » Sun, 20 Feb 2005 4:38 am

Anonymous wrote:To highlight soemthing for everyone, I can tell you, that there is no LCD monitor, that can come close in the running of a CRT, WHy not spoil yourself and go for a 21 inch Sony, cheap and probably a 3 year guarantee thrown in, compared to an LCD monitor
CRT have lower resolution than LCD

Pkchukiss

Post by Pkchukiss » Sun, 20 Feb 2005 9:51 am

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:To highlight soemthing for everyone, I can tell you, that there is no LCD monitor, that can come close in the running of a CRT, WHy not spoil yourself and go for a 21 inch Sony, cheap and probably a 3 year guarantee thrown in, compared to an LCD monitor
CRT have lower resolution than LCD
Well, CRTs have higher refresh rates than LCD monitors. If you play games that demand this, you should still stick with CRTs until LCDs improve on their refresh rate.
Ignorant no more
Visit my blog here