Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 1:01 pm

Velvet_CK,

A word to the wise both to you and to all the other PS potentials who are smokers. Smoking causes wrinkles. Smoking is bad for your general health. I'm not saying smoking will give you cancer but it cuts down on your ability to breath efficiently. I will say this though, DO NOT STOP smoking for any of the following reasons:
  • Because the government says you should
  • Because your girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse/children/parents say you should
  • Because taxes are making it more and more expensive
  • Because it is an anti-social habit
  • Because it annoys non-smokers
  • Because it destroys your actual ability to taste food
  • Because the doctors tell you its not good for you
  • Because it doesn't matter how beautiful you look & dress, smoking makes you just look just like a cheap whore.
  • Because if you are a male, it makes you look like a gangster/hood/stupid.
Don't quit for any of the above reasons. If you are going to quit - quit because "YOU" want to. Otherwise you won't be quitting - you will only be "Stopping". That is like coming up to a stop sign. You sit for a while and then just go again. Quitting means just that.

Anyway, don't try to lecture me about how "Hard" to quit it is. I quit in Mid-December 2004 after smoking anywhere from 20 to 60 sticks a day for 37 years. When I decided to quit I just laid them down and never looked back. But I have the squint lines around my eyes, brow and so forth because of the smoker's tendency to squint when smoke gets in you eyes. Not only that, smokers stink (I never really noticed that until I had quit for about 6 months) Nice clothes, nice makeup, nice hairdo, smell like a dirty ashtray. Real nice. Wish I had quit 30 years ago......... :(
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rainbow5
Regular
Regular

Post by rainbow5 » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 2:08 pm

No worries abt the bali hotel post, its good that we know which hotels to avoid during the discussion process.

rdg hotels in taiwan, I wld suggest u book the hotel only if the hotel has a proper website with online booking facility. Those w/o online website are those really small scale hotels & we really dun have an idea how it looks like. Some can be really rundown & u only know it when u are physically there in Taiwan.

Rdg Wish Clinic, u can email Dr Chuang rdg ur queries & see if u are satisfied/ comfortable before u decide if u wan to go to him. tanjhj has his own thoughts thinking that WISH is good for him & we have our own, no need to be influenced by him. He is just letting the forumers know that WISH Clinic exist, eventually whether we wan to go to WISH is our own decision.

[quote="who"]sorry about the Bali hotel post... I really don't know (like I said) since I have never been there. I'm glad that other people know though.

yea... smoking is a no no... It will increase your chances of scarring by a lot... not only just slow down healing time.
For the person who gets sick, eat vitamin c or fruit juices because this increases your collagen production and builds up your immune system.

It's beginning to worry me that Tanjh is recommending Wishclinic so much. He's almost like a walking advertisement. I hope this is really not the case for the sake of everyone else.[/quote]

rainbow5
Regular
Regular

Re: cheap hotel

Post by rainbow5 » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 2:23 pm

no need to take cab unless u are really feeling weak after the ops. Buy the easylink card for Taibei metro stn at NT500 & can last u for at least 1 week. Travel from XMD to ZhongXiaoDunhua only ard NT 30 for single trip. Wld be few bucks Cheaper if u use the easylink card just like Singapore. Short distance trip like 1-2 stns apart wld be NT20 ( The mrt fare starts lowest at NT20 & maximum wld be NT40-50 per trip).

If u r a Chinese who can speak & read chinese, guarantee u will have no problem navigating in Taipei.

[quote="tanjhj"][quote="rainbow5"]I also checked out Devaju while I am in taiwan. Looks rather good & comfy but price is near $100 SGD per night, too steep. Definitely better than Bali. Bali u can see ppl behaving un-discretely while waiting to check in even during early afternoon. Dun think its safe for a girl to stay there alone....

TS hotel is in Ximending area. Cab in Taiwan start off at NT 80. Each time it jumps wld be NT 5. Meter wld jump ard 5-10 secs each time???

From Taoyuan airport to Taibei cost ard NT 1000 for a 30-40 min journey.

[/quote]

20TWD = 1 SGD so cab starts at S$4 and jump at 25cents each time. Now just need to find out how long and how far are the various hotel from the Zhong Xiao Dun Hua Metro Station.

Else can take MRT coz i read that each stop is like spore, ard 5 mins apart. thus XMD will be 5 stations away from ZHong xiao Dun Hua Station or other clinic. i think can ask the hotels u are staying for estimate price for cab fare.

http://www.johomaps.com/as/taiwan/taipe ... metro.html

the abv can be used for travelling to other PS clinic too, I think Dr SU clinic is 1or2 stations away from Dr C. clinic.

XMD for shopping Shilin for makan.. hmm at least can do some travelling while i m in taiwan..[/quote]

rainbow5
Regular
Regular

Post by rainbow5 » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 2:33 pm

Hi Velvet_CK,

May I know where did u go to have ur eyelids done?

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 3:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Velvet_CK,

A word to the wise both to you and to all the other PS potentials who are smokers. Smoking causes wrinkles. Smoking is bad for your general health. I'm not saying smoking will give you cancer but it cuts down on your ability to breath efficiently. I will say this though, DO NOT STOP smoking for any of the following reasons:
  • Because the government says you should
  • Because your girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse/children/parents say you should
  • Because taxes are making it more and more expensive
  • Because it is an anti-social habit
  • Because it annoys non-smokers
  • Because it destroys your actual ability to taste food
  • Because the doctors tell you its not good for you
  • Because it doesn't matter how beautiful you look & dress, smoking makes you just look just like a cheap whore.
  • Because if you are a male, it makes you look like a gangster/hood/stupid.
Don't quit for any of the above reasons. If you are going to quit - quit because "YOU" want to. Otherwise you won't be quitting - you will only be "Stopping". That is like coming up to a stop sign. You sit for a while and then just go again. Quitting means just that.

Anyway, don't try to lecture me about how "Hard" to quit it is. I quit in Mid-December 2004 after smoking anywhere from 20 to 60 sticks a day for 37 years. When I decided to quit I just laid them down and never looked back. But I have the squint lines around my eyes, brow and so forth because of the smoker's tendency to squint when smoke gets in you eyes. Not only that, smokers stink (I never really noticed that until I had quit for about 6 months) Nice clothes, nice makeup, nice hairdo, smell like a dirty ashtray. Real nice. Wish I had quit 30 years ago......... :(
Amen, preach on.

Agree about the issues you state regarding quitting and stopping. It's all in the mind. To be frank, I have 0 intention to quit smoking. In fact I love smoking and who cares about the bullsh!t ppl are saying about smokers, this not good that not good. Its your life. Even if i gotta any additional sort of PS, I definately won't quit, but reduce intake.

My dad used to be another old walking chimney 8yrs ago till one day, he figured there's no point smoking. He quitted immediately, which, till date, i stand in awe of his determination. Similar to your case?

Take the past with a pinch of salt, you encounter a "different sorta life" when you smoke. Is it a social thing or what, smokers tend to 'click' better with other smokers. I never regretted smoking 8-) At most go Watson buy Mouth Spray lor.

Its going a bit off topic, but interesting point made. :wink:

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 3:19 pm

leenaaaa wrote:Velvet,

Hehe.. Nice to find other smokers.. For awhile I thought I was the only one! Let me know how you surgery goes, ok? Does your doctor speak English? If he does, do you mind giving me his email add? I am planning to go back to Korea for revision rhinoplasty to correct my crooked implant and perhaps define my nose a little more because they are more familiar with goretex. My first choice is Jung, but cost is also a consideration. Also, I am also a little scared to mess around with my nose again... going through the initial recovery period was a nightmare, and worried that I may not like my new nose!

I'm sorry, boss. Wrong person. Me no intention do Rhinoplasty

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 3:22 pm

rainbow5 wrote:Hi Velvet_CK,

May I know where did u go to have ur eyelids done?
One fine day last April, I step into Camden Medical center, seeing the signboard Woffles Wu Aesthetic. 8-)

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 3:30 pm

Oh its ok tanjhj,

I've just called Dr.Chuang this morning regarding the sinusitis issue.
He told me that if during e post operation period of 2 months, its normal to have any acute and subacute infection. So just take antibiotics to cure sinusitis..unless if the infection is so serious that might have to remove e infection.... duhz :o

tanjhj wrote:
appletree wrote:Hi everyone,

Does anybody knows what's e diff between acute sinusitis due to infection, or allergic rhinoritis or sinusitis??
Acute sinusitis means very serious flu everyday?

Hi tanjhj,

If theres any acute or subacute infection that will show up during 2 months after operation, does that means that e doc will have to remove e implant off e nose?
:shock:
appletree,

Sori cant help you on ur question..

others,

regarding goretex and silicone, i have posted alot abt them before in my earlier posting. however i more or less have lost all the links and am pretty tired to find them all over again. if possible, u can look thru the past postings for more info.

i have reach a stage where i think that knowing PS procedures and materials is useful but eventually the best and most impt is still to find and know alot abt the doc who work on your nose and entrust him to use the best material he thinks is most suitable for you. thus choosing the best doc is the one of the most impt key in PS. next impt key is know what features you want and next is know ur budget and finally, accept that there is limit to what PS can do.

I hope ppl can understand what i m trying to say here. for me, i have chosen the doc and i will let him decide the best material within my budget.

kaka
Regular
Regular

Post by kaka » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 4:38 pm

some ppl no problem with smoking during PS recovery
some ppl suffered
depends on ur own immune system!
it's ur choice and ur luck!

i kena before
gd luck :)

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Alarplasty

Post by yen2006 » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 6:38 pm

Hi takuda,

I did my alarplasty at KALO yesterday.

The op is only about 20-25mins, stitches inside nostrils so don't worry about scars :lol:

Alar makes alot of difference, should have done it earlier hehe :P

Love my small & sharp nose now :wink:

yen

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: korean beauty

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 7:06 pm

You like your eyes initially, only after your family mentioned it's too westernized and unnatural you started to doubt it and wants to re-do?

Any PS will of course do nose revision, including Dr Chuang. PM you his email address.

/Jovin
gia02 wrote:JOVIN.....

At first i did but well, i noticed the difference on ow i look and even my family has mentioned its too westernized and un natural!
I just wanna remove the scarred tissues.

Thanks for your help but how do i contact Dr. Chung in Taipei? I might just go there with you.

And does he do any nose revision too?Iwant to slimmer down my nose. Woffles quote me $10 k. He is burning a hole in my pocket!
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: multiple surgeries

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 7:20 pm

I will go Dr Chuang to assess if he have the confident to re-do for me (or if i even need to re-do). How come your cousin's doc is no longer in the market?! Scary man...

/Jovin
appletree wrote:Hi gia02,

But i think its rather hard for her to go back to e same doc as the doc is a private doc, which i think she cant locate him now. oh no......

Hi jovin,

U be going back to e same doc to redo e eyelid surgery? Will it be good for my cousin to go the another doc to do review since her doc is no longer in e market? Hmm... if e eyelid is low cease, will it be safe to do a higher cease?

gia02 wrote:[quote="tanjhj"]
appletree wrote:My cousin wants to redo her eye lid too but she had done double eye lid surgery before leh, can she still go cut her eyes again? I've read a thread in here n saw one post by someone mentioning that if by doing the cut or stiching mtd, years later the eyes will become smaller still, its that true??
Im rather interested to do the kai yan tao leh after seeing cupid^n^starz's
result.. wooo! 8-)

she will need to go back to the doctor who did the 1st time for her revision, this is the suggestion make by most doctor, including Dr Su.
She can cut her eyelid again but then she need to expect higher chance of complication and she may not like the result of the revision as there are high % of unsatisfactory revision job as it is much harder to do than cutting it the 1st time..

not forgotting it is highly recommended not to do more than 3 times eyelid surgery in one's life time.. thus she may like to seek best doctor for advice and suggestion before proceeding ahead..

Hey there Tanjhj,

I am reconsidering to do another eyelid revision and may i ask why do u highly recommend not to do more than 3 times eyelid surgery i one's life.
Like i told jollin before, i went to him to revised my eyelids to remove the stitches so i acn have my natural eyelids back but there is scarring in the tissue and therefore the fold is still there and still the same. Please help.

Thanks!
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 7:23 pm

Hotels in Taipei don't come cheap, Deja Vu is considered very ok-priced already. It is actually a love hotel, ala our Hotel 81. Don't think there's even cheaper (but got standard) ones around that area.

/Jovin
Angeluv101 wrote:Hi, does anyone know of any other hotels that is cheaper than Dejavu hotel and also nearby to Dr Chuang Wish Clinic?

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Alarplasty

Post by takuda » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 7:43 pm

yen2006 wrote:Hi takuda,

I did my alarplasty at KALO yesterday.

The op is only about 20-25mins, stitches inside nostrils so don't worry about scars :lol:

Alar makes alot of difference, should have done it earlier hehe :P

Love my small & sharp nose now :wink:

yen
glad to hear that, how much was it? :D
Cry when you get ripped.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 8:15 pm

who wrote:Dr. Chuang uses goretex but he prefer silicone for aftercare reasons
yeah i checked with him, it's up to the patient to choose. :)
Cry when you get ripped.