Singapore Expats

Tiger Airways Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Tue, 06 Mar 2007 5:22 pm

Lyndarlin wrote:ALREADY APPLIED BUT WHEN IS THE DEAD LINE??? :???: :???:
No deadline! Do update your resume and include any relevant work experience. The pay, ah? Aiyoh...enough to survive, lah. About 2K per month. Cheers, and hope to see you all sometime!! Oh, no water confidence test, but during the SEP Training, must jump off the "aircraft"!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Tue, 06 Mar 2007 6:27 pm

ryanstarr wrote:
No deadline! Do update your resume and include any relevant work experience. The pay, ah? Aiyoh...enough to survive, lah. About 2K per month. Cheers, and hope to see you all sometime!! Oh, no water confidence test, but during the SEP Training, must jump off the "aircraft"!
jump off aircraft into pool of water?? any life vest? :D

wah..u in training phase get abt 2k??... not bad.. :)

hopefully.. i would receive their call for their next intake... :-|

how is ur superiors and trainers?

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 7:57 am

the pay 2K is after minus transport allowance huh?coz from wat i know, cabin crew can not take public transport to work right?

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 1:23 pm

sakiya wrote:the pay 2K is after minus transport allowance huh?coz from wat i know, cabin crew can not take public transport to work right?
Can take p. transport lah, just that you are not supposed to don your uniform on the public transport, except if you're travelling in a taxi. No transport allowance yet. Training time not much $. Haha.

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 1:26 pm

camperboy wrote:
ryanstarr wrote:
jump off aircraft into pool of water?? any life vest? :D

wah..u in training phase get abt 2k??... not bad.. :)

hopefully.. i would receive their call for their next intake... :-|

Superiors are good, but we sometimes get scolding also! My batch mostly guys, naughty guys lah! Got life vest, and submit your resume now! See ya...

how is ur superiors and trainers?

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by camperboy » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 2:13 pm

thanks ryanstarr for the info!

i sent my resume quite some time ago now. hopefully they still notice it... :lol:

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 11:19 pm

ryanstarr wrote:
sakiya wrote:the pay 2K is after minus transport allowance huh?coz from wat i know, cabin crew can not take public transport to work right?
Can take p. transport lah, just that you are not supposed to don your uniform on the public transport, except if you're travelling in a taxi. No transport allowance yet. Training time not much $. Haha.
are u sure about 2k?
please recheck. thank you

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:41 am

Ryanstarr may be CIC perhaps that's why his salary is higher? Not sure as he/she didn't elaborate.

wadiki

Post by wadiki » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 8:03 am

wah ur batch mostly naugthy guys....so next time I take Tiger and there's a naugthy steward, I'll know it's from Batch 11....Kool!!!

Correct me if I m wrong.....the salary consist of a few components....how much u earn really depends on these components & sales on board....right?

anyways.....abt ur batch.....I tink they shd b ok.....dun tink Tiger will hire ppl who cannot make it.....so far, frm d flights I have taken...their staff quite friendly....always had a GRRRREAT trip

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Sat, 17 Mar 2007 4:34 pm

toygirl wrote:Ryanstarr may be CIC perhaps that's why his salary is higher? Not sure as he/she didn't elaborate.
Hi there, toygirl! It's been a long time. Such a pleasant surprise to hear from you. I haven't received any pay yet, so I'm actually quoting what I hear from my batch boys whose friends are with this airline. Cheers!

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Sat, 17 Mar 2007 4:37 pm

wadiki wrote:wah ur batch mostly naugthy guys....so next time I take Tiger and there's a naugthy steward, I'll know it's from Batch 11....Kool!!!

Correct me if I m wrong.....the salary consist of a few components....how much u earn really depends on these components & sales on board....right?

anyways.....abt ur batch.....I tink they shd b ok.....dun tink Tiger will hire ppl who cannot make it.....so far, frm d flights I have taken...their staff quite friendly....always had a GRRRREAT trip
Yes, you're right. There's basic pay plus sector allowance and a 5%commission from inflight sales. Cheers!

Once a cabin crew, always a cabin crew... :-)

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Sat, 17 Mar 2007 4:39 pm

queenie-me wrote:
ryanstarr wrote:
are u sure about 2k?
please recheck. thank you
Yeh, sorry...I haven't received any pay yet. Well...may I ask, is it higher or lower? You're a team leader in Tiger, that I'm sure!!!

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Approximate Pay of Tiger

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sat, 17 Mar 2007 6:30 pm

Dear all,

I believe 2K is approximately the gross of Tiger Airways. That's before all your transportation, food and all. Provided, your sales is consistent and you seldom take MC. Trust me, people can take up to 14 days of MC and still have the cheek to complain that their pay is low. If you are discipline enough to take bus (except for super morning and super late flights) should be able to survive. And mind you, there are alot of those odd hours flights and if you are not willing to part your pay for transport or basically just stay far away, you may walk on..

Hi Qweenie-ME! Just missing you only.

Best Regards..
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Re: Concerns

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sat, 17 Mar 2007 6:52 pm

shazcious wrote:
heyall wrote:Hi everyone, does anyone has any idea if im colourblind..Will TigerAir accept me ..Physically im fit as im a certified swimming instructor and lifeguard . I have no problems in driving, even playing snooker hehe..BUT I CANT SEE THE WORDS or ALPHABETS IN THE BOOK. (sry for the caps) /cry

Why why why...
Hello!

As far as I know, they will. Cos one of my batchmates is colour blind. I think it should be ok. :)
Dear all,

To clarify, some people are classified as color blind by doctors as they fail the color-number book tests. But they can see colors just like you and me during normal circumstances. That's the reason why they can still be a cabin crew.

Hope that clear your doubts and not only Tiger Airways recruit them. Other airlines do as well.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sat, 17 Mar 2007 6:57 pm

piNk APpLe wrote:btw, anyone heard of tis rumor dat SQ dun take in ex-crews from other airlines like Tiger, Jetstar??
Dear All...

That's not true.. We have a ex-crew now with SQ and she's doing well. Some of us are just not good enough for SQ..

Best Regards,
Julie Tan