Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
candiesboy
Regular
Regular

Post by candiesboy » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 4:30 am

appletree wrote:Hi tanjhj,
Thanks i will let my cousin know about that, keke.

hmmm....wats Dr. chung's email arh? Will he understand english if i write an email in english or he only respond to chinese characters? :o keke

Im interested to do e rhino by him, anyone knows the price? Im kinda interested to do kai yan tao too if im suitable to do aso, i wan my eyes to look even bigger.. hiak hiak
How much would he quote for doing this 2 procedures?
Usually need to stay in taiwan only for 1 week? Going back for review is the 6th day or 8th day?
total recovery period is 2 weeks arh which means wont be able to work for a total of 2 weeks? keke
Sorry for so many questions, would appreciate if anyone can share with me. :oops:
i have read alot taiwan site alot of them exclaim open yan tou dun open ur eye big but make ur eyelid more deeper the front part? and it may or may not leave a scars depends ur skin ...

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 11:45 am

VelvetCK,

wish I could help u there, but Dr. Jung was the only doctor I saw while I was in Seoul. I was actually all set go go BK clinic and do it with Dr. Kim. I'd already made all the arrangements beforehand, but last minute I changed my mind and went to see Jung instead.

What procedures are u planning to do?

Shermaine,

Yeah, do stay out of the sun! I haven't been back in the sun without sunblock and brolly for 9 mths since my surgery! Bet u must be excited to get ur cast off. I couldn't wait to get the damn thing off my face...... :D

shermaine

Post by shermaine » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 1:36 pm

hi Hannah!
thks. for your help again!
yup thank goodness forlondon's almoz non-existent sun!! lol
were your bruises visiblefor 9 mths???
also hannah so sorry to bother again.,but can i juz ask,did the side of ur cheek where ur ear cartilage was taken swello too?? mine is! n im so afriad its coz of infection
aso,i m not ableto smile at all coz my upperlip is like bound tight!
is that normal??
did you use hot pack on 3rd day??
thks. so much hannah forall ur advice!!

hello84
Regular
Regular

Sineech

Post by hello84 » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 2:00 pm

his do anywan noe rachael number i need to buy Sineech.. thanx

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 2:05 pm

candiesboy wrote:

hmmm....wats Dr. chung's email arh? Will he understand english if i write an email in english or he only respond to chinese characters? :o keke

Im interested to do e rhino by him, anyone knows the price? Im kinda interested to do kai yan tao too if im suitable to do aso, i wan my eyes to look even bigger.. hiak hiak
Usually need to stay in taiwan only for 1 week? Going back for review is the 6th day or 8th day?
total recovery period is 2 weeks arh which means wont be able to work for a total of 2 weeks? keke
Sorry for so many questions, would appreciate if anyone can share with me. :oops:
i have read alot taiwan site alot of them exclaim open yan tou dun open ur eye big but make ur eyelid more deeper the front part? and it may or may not leave a scars depends ur skin ...

Waoo... really? :o :???:

Does Dr.Chung read emails in english?

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 2:35 pm

you can email him from his website and he will respond to u in english.
u can ask him for his personal email then and he will give it. i dun really rememeber his email coz it is long time since i email him. if i need to contact him, i just go to his website email.

how much he quote varies from person to person depending on your requirement. you will need to send him your pic front and back (dun pose) to him and he will quote u. the best is to stay there for at least 10 nites after op.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 2:39 pm

candiesboy wrote:

it does make ur eyes bigger but not as big as expected. however it does make ur eyes look better and sharper. however not all ppl need to do it. KYT is most suitable for ppl whose eyes are wider apart from each other than desired distance.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 4:03 pm

Hannah Lee wrote:VelvetCK,

wish I could help u there, but Dr. Jung was the only doctor I saw while I was in Seoul. I was actually all set go go BK clinic and do it with Dr. Kim. I'd already made all the arrangements beforehand, but last minute I changed my mind and went to see Jung instead.

I have plans to do Chin, jaw implant and eyelid surgery at DreamSurgery. Most probably it will be a 2-3 weeks stay in Seoul. I think your last min backup before doing it with Dr Kim BK may be the same as I do..

He seems too internationally reowned. Plus i have a korean friend whom advise against seeing dr Kim BK. I strongly believe there are many great PS clinics in korea yet to be explored, thus my strong intention towards Dream.

Hannah, Seoul's fun right? :wink: Even your nick sounds so Korean.

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 4:13 pm

Hannah,

Seeing you again the other day has made me tempted again to see Jung!! Now all I need is to win the lottery! hehe

Shermaine,

Don't worry about the ear swelling. Mine was also incredibly swollen after the op. I think it took like a month plus for the swelling to go down. Not to worry!

Velvet,

All the best for your surgery. Please do keep us updated ok? =) Also, do the doctors at dream clinic speak english? You're lucky your gf is korean. Free translator! Btw, how did you hear about that clinic?

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:25 pm

leenaaaa wrote:Hannah,
Velvet,

All the best for your surgery. Please do keep us updated ok? =) Also, do the doctors at dream clinic speak english? You're lucky your gf is korean. Free translator! Btw, how did you hear about that clinic?
Yup i heard Dr Park of Dream Clinic speaks fluent english. Some korean friends do a research on Korean sites and found out that Dream has a lot of satisfied customer.

Another forummer found out that Dream is quite popular in Taiwanese forums. And I don't see how bad it can be, i'll just go ahead than to research so much.

For sure, I'm going Korea.

keropijennifer

Post by keropijennifer » Mon, 12 Mar 2007 1:16 am

shermaine wrote:hi guys, thought i will update youall as i've had A LOT of help fr this forum, esp fr Hannah Lee!
am in seoul korea now
i just underwent rhinoplasty and alar reductionw ith dr. jung yday.

takin sinecch, and bruising seriously not as bad as i though, considering i cruise VERYeasily...hopefully it wont get worse.
because of the alarreduction,. i find it strilldifficult to open upper lid properly,.m,uch less chew food,but have managed to eat a tuna sandwich though!

pain on nose is negligible, but coz of the sleeping position (gt sleep elevated and face up) it hurts the ear a lot!

dr.jung and his colleaguies (he has a taiwan colelague too) are RELLY RELLY NICE. the nurses are lovelytoo. am due back to clinic tomto check on any signs of postop infections.

so farm, once in a while, i stare at the mirrow and aslk myself wat on earth i had done...seriously after this, no way m i toyin with my face again...
it didnt hel;p too tt a fren who was supposedto come with me backled poiut last min,and i only found out after the op.i cried a while after that,. whcih wporriefd mea lot that it might cause further infection....pls someone reassure me that that 10-sec of cryin wouldnt...am qyuite worried actually

anyhow,to elaboratemoreon wat i told dr. juung, i specifically requestedfora natural look,not high, not sharp,. notstraight.
so far after the op,.i wasrelly quite sati9sfied with the alar redu8tion he did.didnt seem too narrow and am glad he took that concern into mind when he did the reduction.

anywhow,i shall stop herefora bit as i feel kinda groggy still.jetlag after flyin fr uk=(

do feel freeto msgt meif u willlike to ask any qn, but plsgimme some timeto ans. thks!
take care
Hi shermaine!, hope ur nose will recover soon! Hey u fm london too? I'm hoping to go and get my nose done at either Dr Jung's or Dream clinic, but there's still so much I would like to know. Do u know if Dr Jung does alot of closed ops? Or are most of them open method? It's probably too early to ask, but do u know if u can push up and down ur nose tip after getting catilage implant there? THanks!

keropijennifer

Post by keropijennifer » Mon, 12 Mar 2007 1:20 am

Hannah Lee wrote:VelvetCK,

Shermaine,

Yeah, do stay out of the sun! I haven't been back in the sun without sunblock and brolly for 9 mths since my surgery! Bet u must be excited to get ur cast off. I couldn't wait to get the damn thing off my face...... :D
Hi Hannah!
Ur posts have really been of great help to me and I;m sure everyone else. I would just like to know.... does ur bridge feel any different to before? like, it is harder and can ppl tell it's an implant when touching it? Or is it still soft and fairly movable? Thanks.

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Mon, 12 Mar 2007 1:13 pm

shermaine wrote:hi Hannah!
thks. for your help again!
yup thank goodness forlondon's almoz non-existent sun!! lol
were your bruises visiblefor 9 mths???
also hannah so sorry to bother again.,but can i juz ask,did the side of ur cheek where ur ear cartilage was taken swello too?? mine is! n im so afriad its coz of infection
aso,i m not ableto smile at all coz my upperlip is like bound tight!
is that normal??
did you use hot pack on 3rd day??
thks. so much hannah forall ur advice!!
I only had mild bruising for a few days, by the end of the first week they were gone. I don't think I had any swelling on my cheek near my ear, maybe u can check with Dr. Jung if its normal?
Yeah, I couldn't smile or chomp a huge burger for a looong time. And sometimes I'd forget and burst into laughter then my nose would hurt like hell where the alar stitches were. Its normal, don't worry. In a few months it will feel completely normal and you'll forget you ever had surgery there. Just try not to make too many facial expressions for a while!
Not sure if I was using hot pack on day 3, think I had switched to cold pack cuz I just prefered the way it felt on my bruised skin......

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Mon, 12 Mar 2007 1:16 pm

Hi Hannah!
Ur posts have really been of great help to me and I;m sure everyone else. I would just like to know.... does ur bridge feel any different to before? like, it is harder and can ppl tell it's an implant when touching it? Or is it still soft and fairly movable? Thanks.[/quote]

Only my BF has touched my nose since surgery and he thinks it feels pretty real......

I wouldn't describe it as soft and movable, because my bone before was hard so my implant now is hard too. Feels more real that way I think.....

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Mon, 12 Mar 2007 1:20 pm

VelvetCK,

yup, Seoul is a nice place to visit. And its like plastic surgery heaven! So many choices to pick from.......

Leenaaaa,

well let me convince you again the next time we meet up :) I wouldn't mind making another trip to Seoul.....