Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 8:55 pm

and also, can anyone tell me more about tipoplasty?! like the procedures, prices, side effects(?) all that, also which doctors do tipoplasty. thanks!
Cry when you get ripped.

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 9:28 pm

My cousin wants to redo her eye lid too but she had done double eye lid surgery before leh, can she still go cut her eyes again? I've read a thread in here n saw one post by someone mentioning that if by doing the cut or stiching mtd, years later the eyes will become smaller still, its that true??
Im rather interested to do the kai yan tao leh after seeing cupid^n^starz's
result.. wooo! 8-)

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 1:56 am

takuda wrote:and also, can anyone tell me more about tipoplasty?! like the procedures, prices, side effects(?) all that, also which doctors do tipoplasty. thanks!
wait till you are at least 18 bah... still too young for u at this moment, can get distracting and afecting your own life it u think abt PS too much..and doing PS at such early age is going to waste money due to your unbalance hormone of teenage-hood

life is not just about PS and looking good. it is also abt good character and enjoying life..

Most likely u wouldnt like what i state here but then it is going to be the Right way contracticting what u think.. so i would hope u think abt what i say and come back when u are 18. by then, maybe korea's dr kim of bk clinic should have set a branch in spore. so u can do it in spore.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 2:10 am

appletree wrote:My cousin wants to redo her eye lid too but she had done double eye lid surgery before leh, can she still go cut her eyes again? I've read a thread in here n saw one post by someone mentioning that if by doing the cut or stiching mtd, years later the eyes will become smaller still, its that true??
Im rather interested to do the kai yan tao leh after seeing cupid^n^starz's
result.. wooo! 8-)
she will need to go back to the doctor who did the 1st time for her revision, this is the suggestion make by most doctor, including Dr Su.
She can cut her eyelid again but then she need to expect higher chance of complication and she may not like the result of the revision as there are high % of unsatisfactory revision job as it is much harder to do than cutting it the 1st time..

not forgotting it is highly recommended not to do more than 3 times eyelid surgery in one's life time.. thus she may like to seek best doctor for advice and suggestion before proceeding ahead..
Golden Rules of PS:

shoe_girl

Post by shoe_girl » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 1:25 pm

Does anyone know how effective buccal fat is? Like does it thin your face out significantly? I have such chubby cheeks which makes my face look very big and round. Also how much would it normally cost in Taiwan? For some reason the doctors who ive contacted price it higher or the same as a nose job. Isnt that odd since nose jobs require much more artistry?

shermaine

Post by shermaine » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 3:53 pm

hi guys, thought i will update youall as i've had A LOT of help fr this forum, esp fr Hannah Lee!
am in seoul korea now
i just underwent rhinoplasty and alar reductionw ith dr. jung yday.

takin sinecch, and bruising seriously not as bad as i though, considering i cruise VERYeasily...hopefully it wont get worse.
because of the alarreduction,. i find it strilldifficult to open upper lid properly,.m,uch less chew food,but have managed to eat a tuna sandwich though!

pain on nose is negligible, but coz of the sleeping position (gt sleep elevated and face up) it hurts the ear a lot!

dr.jung and his colleaguies (he has a taiwan colelague too) are RELLY RELLY NICE. the nurses are lovelytoo. am due back to clinic tomto check on any signs of postop infections.

so farm, once in a while, i stare at the mirrow and aslk myself wat on earth i had done...seriously after this, no way m i toyin with my face again...
it didnt hel;p too tt a fren who was supposedto come with me backled poiut last min,and i only found out after the op.i cried a while after that,. whcih wporriefd mea lot that it might cause further infection....pls someone reassure me that that 10-sec of cryin wouldnt...am qyuite worried actually

anyhow,to elaboratemoreon wat i told dr. juung, i specifically requestedfora natural look,not high, not sharp,. notstraight.
so far after the op,.i wasrelly quite sati9sfied with the alar redu8tion he did.didnt seem too narrow and am glad he took that concern into mind when he did the reduction.

anywhow,i shall stop herefora bit as i feel kinda groggy still.jetlag after flyin fr uk=(

do feel freeto msgt meif u willlike to ask any qn, but plsgimme some timeto ans. thks!
take care

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 5:41 pm

Shermaine,

so glad to hear you're doing well! Dr. Jung is good at alar reduction isn't he? Told you he wouldn't give you super pinched, fake nostrils......

Be careful not to sleep on the ear that doesn't hurt. Cuz thats what I did and it made my implant shift to the left. I tried my hardest to sleep on my back but I'm just too used to sleeping on the side! Luckily, Dr. Jung adjusted it back to center after my cast came off......

Do keep us updated with your progress and take care!

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 7:56 pm

well, what to expect from my favourite nose doctor of this time.. dr chuang is his student too.. so like teacher like student?
Golden Rules of PS:

chiqita

Post by chiqita » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 11:26 pm

Hi Shermaine,

It's great to know that Dr. Jung was able to give you what you want. I myself will be going to Dr. Jung Apr/May this year and it's comforting to know that he is such an excellent doc. Take care and speedy recovery, ya!

C

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 5:33 am

Shermaine, good luck! Hope it turns out nice.

Hannah, I believe you have relative knowledge about korean surgeons, have you had any encounters (or heard of) other korean surgeons?

I will be heading to DreamSurgery (Korea) this May/June.
Heard great reviews about Dream from foreign sites.

Any inputs?

shermaine

Post by shermaine » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 2:12 pm

hi guys! thks. so much for all ur well wishes! truly appreciate it!
am now in dr. jung's clinic coz they wanna check if there are any signs of infections..relly conscienctious i muz say! update u guys in a bit if i can get hold of internet access again!

vitamins
Regular
Regular

Post by vitamins » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 2:40 pm

Hi Shermaine

glad to hear you're satisfied with the surgery and take care of your new nose! :)

shermaine

Post by shermaine » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 3:20 pm

juz a lil update.=) havjuzarrived back at the ville.
saw dr.jung and he said everything was fine.my beruises havalmozgonebut swelling stillhere.
i m relly afraid of going under the sun actually.

aso, could i ask a qn pls?
i read abt the use of hot pack after the 3rd day, but when i askled dr jung, he says better to use it after the splint is removed...
should i follow wat he saysor use it alternately on the 3rdday??

thks!

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 7:16 pm

Anyone can relate their experience with buccal fat removal, fat injection to undereyes?

Also, anyone had jaw implants done (I mean the mandibular angle)?

Also, why do they not have different type of chin impants in Singapore? They just have the standard one. Why arent there square chin implants and chin implant with wings? What I am really looking for is a sharp V chin (like Brad Pitts).

As I am about to have surgery it would really help calm my nerves.

BTW cupidnstars, your eyes look really good! I find it masculine, natural and esthetically great.

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Sun, 11 Mar 2007 4:12 am

Hi tanjhj,
Thanks i will let my cousin know about that, keke.

hmmm....wats Dr. chung's email arh? Will he understand english if i write an email in english or he only respond to chinese characters? :o keke

Im interested to do e rhino by him, anyone knows the price? Im kinda interested to do kai yan tao too if im suitable to do aso, i wan my eyes to look even bigger.. hiak hiak
How much would he quote for doing this 2 procedures?
Usually need to stay in taiwan only for 1 week? Going back for review is the 6th day or 8th day?
total recovery period is 2 weeks arh which means wont be able to work for a total of 2 weeks? keke
Sorry for so many questions, would appreciate if anyone can share with me. :oops: