Singapore Expats

Any Londoners/English here in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
wander_lust

Post by wander_lust » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:52 pm

If you're looking for a condo in the east coast area, check out The Bayshore. I used to live in that condo and it was near the beach (not that its anything to scream about) but you get fresh air, you can cycle/roller blade on the weekends.

If you are alittle bit tight on budget, you can give Bayshore Park a chance. It is a much older condo but, the residents are relatively friendly and its also right by the beach.

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Loops » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 1:09 pm

You could also check out the Mayer Rd condos, Cote d'azure (naff name but it is probably very nice inside!), Amber Rd (but there is quite a lot of construction going on around there at the moment), Ocean Park, Mandarin Gardens and all the ones around the Bayshore area (think it is district 16 up there).

Have you checked out the property photos on this site?

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 1:26 pm

How long is it since you lived in Singapore, HunBunny? I bet it's changed a lot.

I have friends in Bayshore Park. Great views if you get the right unit, and decent facilities too. Big complex though.

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by huggybear » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 1:55 pm

Do you get any kind of short term housing for free?

i'd really just recommend coming here and checking out the various areas by foot or bus.
I live alone and looked at some 3 BRs but it was too much space. I would be too depressed living alone in a 3 BR.

i thot tanglin was a bit far from the M R T

but i work near raffles MRT stop and i hate long commutes so i sold a kidney to get a place on river valley road. (to me, anything over 15 min is too long).

If you don't mind HDB flats. they are very cheap for 3 BRs especially up the east coast.

but really you should just go visit in person and get a feel for the neighborhood. all you really need is about one - two days to see 4-5 hoods and then focus on the buildings within a particular area. then maybe another 3 days to see various buildings and making an offer on the third day of looking at places.

newboy123

Post by newboy123 » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 9:43 pm

totally agree with last... come and see. I've spent an annoyingly long time in a hotel but it's worth it to find somewhere.

right that's enough help from me; you've had far too much already

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Post by HunBunny80 » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 7:29 am

Thanks everyone.

We are definitely looking at a condo and yes I have been looking at the property pictures.

may I ask where do you guys live?

I am born in Singapore spending my childhood there but I moved to London since I was 20 and I have been here since.

I don't really have friends there.

Hopefully this relocation would be successful. I really hope to make friends and have a better social life. I do intend to fly out next month to look at several neighbourhoods and developments: East Coast/Toa Payao/Bishan/Tiong Bahru/Bugis.

Many thanks for your input. Any more suggestions welcome!