Singapore Expats Forum

SIA Application - Malaysian Steward / Stewardess ( DEC )

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
indcisive
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 03 Nov 2006

Postby indcisive » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 1:20 pm

finally gotten the date for the final interview

anyone else gotten theirs?

just to share some probable questions that might be asked on that day (got it from someone whose already attended it)

- nature of current work/job and how is it related to customer service

- based on your working experience, provide a scenario where you had to perform/apply customer service

- where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

hope it helps and good luck to those who are going..

cheers!

akihiko
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 23 Jan 2007

Postby akihiko » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:55 am

indcisive wrote:finally gotten the date for the final interview

anyone else gotten theirs?

just to share some probable questions that might be asked on that day (got it from someone whose already attended it)

- nature of current work/job and how is it related to customer service

- based on your working experience, provide a scenario where you had to perform/apply customer service

- where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

hope it helps and good luck to those who are going..

cheers!



i havent gotten mine... :( whens ur interview?

indcisive
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 03 Nov 2006

Postby indcisive » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 1:27 pm

No worries, should be just a matter of time before you do. To be on the safe side, you prolly would want to drop SIA an email. They might have gotten your email address wrong. :)

Mine is on 2nd March. Got the email before cny.

cheers!

User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 1:25 am

the emails are sent out in batches, so dont worry! you will get yours but just a little later
"City of Ang3Ls"

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 22 Nov 2006
Location: yes

Postby stewardwannabe » Sun, 04 Mar 2007 8:35 pm

hey guys

how did the final interview go?.. what did they ask.. ?..hehe.. did they give the results right away..

if so.. congrats to anyone who made it thru.. i;m so happyy for u guys
SW

indcisive
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 03 Nov 2006

Postby indcisive » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:25 am

hey SW,

hows things?

Well for me, luck was on my side and it went quite smoothly. Yeah, you'll be notified right away whether you made it through or otherwise. Questions are rather generic depending on your background and working experience.

Though nothing is confirmed yet, still need to wait for the medical results and application of employment pass.

How bout you? Did ya make it through as well?

cheers!

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 22 Nov 2006
Location: yes

Postby stewardwannabe » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 2:34 pm

indcisive wrote:hey SW,

hows things?

Well for me, luck was on my side and it went quite smoothly. Yeah, you'll be notified right away whether you made it through or otherwise. Questions are rather generic depending on your background and working experience.

Though nothing is confirmed yet, still need to wait for the medical results and application of employment pass.

How bout you? Did ya make it through as well?

cheers!



hey there

yea i;m goodd.. ahh coool.. so it was the 30 of them from the previous interview.. familiar faces hey.. thats nice to hear..
how many interviewers were there?..

oh btw.. congratss..hehe.. well i was suppose to go for the final interview.. but i had to return to aussie to do my degree.. haiz..lol..
SW

indcisive
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 03 Nov 2006

Postby indcisive » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 3:05 pm

thanks :)

Mine was on the second day, the last batch. Out of the 20+ hopefuls only half made it through if i'm not mistaken.. There were 2 management staff and 1 executive.

Thats a waste.. gonna give it a try again after you graduated?

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 22 Nov 2006
Location: yes

Postby stewardwannabe » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 3:22 pm

indcisive wrote:thanks :)

Mine was on the second day, the last batch. Out of the 20+ hopefuls only half made it through if i'm not mistaken.. There were 2 management staff and 1 executive.

Thats a waste.. gonna give it a try again after you graduated?



cool. well congratss.. yeaa most def i would re applyy.. this is always what i wanted to do.. thats why i applied for the position cos i jst turned 18.. heheh.. so i submitted my application for the 27th jan interview..lol
SW

indcisive
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 03 Nov 2006

Postby indcisive » Tue, 06 Mar 2007 9:15 am

stewardwannabe wrote:
indcisive wrote:thanks :)

Mine was on the second day, the last batch. Out of the 20+ hopefuls only half made it through if i'm not mistaken.. There were 2 management staff and 1 executive.

Thats a waste.. gonna give it a try again after you graduated?



cool. well congratss.. yeaa most def i would re applyy.. this is always what i wanted to do.. thats why i applied for the position cos i jst turned 18.. heheh.. so i submitted my application for the 27th jan interview..lol


Good on you mate ;)

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Tue, 06 Mar 2007 3:11 pm

indcisive wrote:thanks :)

Mine was on the second day, the last batch. Out of the 20+ hopefuls only half made it through if i'm not mistaken.. There were 2 management staff and 1 executive.

Thats a waste.. gonna give it a try again after you graduated?


Hi Indcisive!

Oh, your final interview was on 2 March? I heard there were only 8 guys invited for the 2 March interview? So did many make it thru out of the 8? Care to share the questions posted to u during the interview?

I was actually at the 27 jan interview in concorde too! Prob i've seen u around that day. Hehe. Unfortunately, i did not pass the final interview on 1 March. If i'm not mistaken, only 6 out of 15 got thru that day. Actually, SIA invited 23 gurls for the final interview. But remember, we only saw a handful of them on the 27th? Was a lil' surprised myself too. HEhe...

indcisive
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 03 Nov 2006

Postby indcisive » Tue, 06 Mar 2007 3:34 pm

12345 wrote:
indcisive wrote:thanks :)

Mine was on the second day, the last batch. Out of the 20+ hopefuls only half made it through if i'm not mistaken.. There were 2 management staff and 1 executive.

Thats a waste.. gonna give it a try again after you graduated?


Hi Indcisive!

Oh, your final interview was on 2 March? I heard there were only 8 guys invited for the 2 March interview? So did many make it thru out of the 8? Care to share the questions posted to u during the interview?

I was actually at the 27 jan interview in concorde too! Prob i've seen u around that day. Hehe. Unfortunately, i did not pass the final interview on 1 March. If i'm not mistaken, only 6 out of 15 got thru that day. Actually, SIA invited 23 gurls for the final interview. But remember, we only saw a handful of them on the 27th? Was a lil' surprised myself too. HEhe...


Hey,

Yeap, but only 6 turned up and 1 didn't make it thru. Well, I kinda mentioned it before they asked you generic questions based on your background, mostly bout my job and questions that follows after are based on your previous answers. Also, a bit bout myself, family and stuff. They even asked me whether i blogged.. that came as a surprise to me.

Sorry to hear that you didn't make it. Any idea why? Yeah, probably we'd recognise each other if we meet. Well I was told by one of em staff, that 8 out of 16 guys and 9 out 19 girls got thru the 1st day. Probably for the girls, 4 didn't turn up. As for the one on 27th, maybe most the girls were scheduled for the following day. Surprise or disappointed? :)

Rgds

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 1:38 am

Hey,

Yeap, but only 6 turned up and 1 didn't make it thru. Well, I kinda mentioned it before they asked you generic questions based on your background, mostly bout my job and questions that follows after are based on your previous answers. Also, a bit bout myself, family and stuff. They even asked me whether i blogged.. that came as a surprise to me.

Sorry to hear that you didn't make it. Any idea why? Yeah, probably we'd recognise each other if we meet. Well I was told by one of em staff, that 8 out of 16 guys and 9 out 19 girls got thru the 1st day. Probably for the girls, 4 didn't turn up. As for the one on 27th, maybe most the girls were scheduled for the following day. Surprise or disappointed? :)

Rgds[/quote]

They actually asked u if u blogged??? Haha! Yeah, they'll ask rather surprising questions if they intend to hire u I guess. They asked one of my friends who made it thru if he does house chores and if he knows cooking. Did they ask u that? :) N wow, that was a high success rate man...5 out of 6 got thru! That nite, out of the 5 ppl in the room...only 1 got thru :(

I'm not too sure bout the exact reason why but they just said I'm not ready for the job. Was wondering is it because of my notice period coz I'll only be graduating at the end of the year. The interviewer was rather surprised too when he saw that. So maybe that's why...sigh. Just felt reallyyyy disappointed. Yup, the HR exec told us there were no shows from 4 gurls that day...hehe. N I guessed as much the majority of them were from the next day of interview, i.e. 28th Jan :D

So where r u working now? In the service line too? Any idea when SIA will give u a call again?

indcisive
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 03 Nov 2006

Postby indcisive » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 9:22 am

12345 wrote:They actually asked u if u blogged??? Haha! Yeah, they'll ask rather surprising questions if they intend to hire u I guess. They asked one of my friends who made it thru if he does house chores and if he knows cooking. Did they ask u that? :) N wow, that was a high success rate man...5 out of 6 got thru! That nite, out of the 5 ppl in the room...only 1 got thru :(

I'm not too sure bout the exact reason why but they just said I'm not ready for the job. Was wondering is it because of my notice period coz I'll only be graduating at the end of the year. The interviewer was rather surprised too when he saw that. So maybe that's why...sigh. Just felt reallyyyy disappointed. Yup, the HR exec told us there were no shows from 4 gurls that day...hehe. N I guessed as much the majority of them were from the next day of interview, i.e. 28th Jan :D

So where r u working now? In the service line too? Any idea when SIA will give u a call again?


I am quite sure they have their reasons for asking such questions and yeah I was aslso asked the cooking and chores question. Indeed it was, lucky me :)

No worries, just give it a shot again when you grad. Yeah, I'm in the sales line although I used to be in the service line as well. When will they call? Only god knows.. apparently they will require a month or so to apply for the work pass and stuff, taking into account I passed my medical that is. Just have to wait and see, the part which I dread the most.

Good luck in your studies and just drop me a message if you have any questions. I try me best to help. ;)

Cheers!

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 2:08 am

indcisive wrote:
12345 wrote:They actually asked u if u blogged??? Haha! Yeah, they'll ask rather surprising questions if they intend to hire u I guess. They asked one of my friends who made it thru if he does house chores and if he knows cooking. Did they ask u that? :) N wow, that was a high success rate man...5 out of 6 got thru! That nite, out of the 5 ppl in the room...only 1 got thru :(

I'm not too sure bout the exact reason why but they just said I'm not ready for the job. Was wondering is it because of my notice period coz I'll only be graduating at the end of the year. The interviewer was rather surprised too when he saw that. So maybe that's why...sigh. Just felt reallyyyy disappointed. Yup, the HR exec told us there were no shows from 4 gurls that day...hehe. N I guessed as much the majority of them were from the next day of interview, i.e. 28th Jan :D

So where r u working now? In the service line too? Any idea when SIA will give u a call again?


I am quite sure they have their reasons for asking such questions and yeah I was aslso asked the cooking and chores question. Indeed it was, lucky me :)

No worries, just give it a shot again when you grad. Yeah, I'm in the sales line although I used to be in the service line as well. When will they call? Only god knows.. apparently they will require a month or so to apply for the work pass and stuff, taking into account I passed my medical that is. Just have to wait and see, the part which I dread the most.

Good luck in your studies and just drop me a message if you have any questions. I try me best to help. ;)

Cheers!


Yeah, i understand that terrible feeling of waiting and anticipating! Haha...it's really torturing.

Thanks so much for your help! Guess i'll be asking alot when u start training...just so curious! :) But then again, will u still frequent this forum when u're actually there in singapore? Hehe. Oh, n by the time i re-apply...u'll be already flying high :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests