Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 06 Mar 2007 6:22 am

michael vana wrote:its gonna be bad if the vest slips out due to the impact.
Can't imagine that happening when it ain't supposed to happen especially when the whole vest is inflated!

But of course, shits happen! \:D/

rurik0
Regular
Regular

o.O

Post by rurik0 » Tue, 06 Mar 2007 4:00 pm

Hey guyz who cleared the 1st round...,
juz wondering what they are lookin out for in the first round....?
Like what is the appropriate thing to say when they ask for ur intro? Any key points should be mentioned ? And is it really essential to smile thru out e entire 10mins in there? Won't it look fake? 4th march's was my first interview but i'm not sure what they want....-.-!! Did not make it and preparing myself for nx interview...so juz lookin for sum tips and advice here... haha... tnx alot ! :D

michael vana

Post by michael vana » Tue, 06 Mar 2007 4:49 pm

Rurik0, go back a few pages and you can see a very brief description of how one of the girl's interview went.. all the information is really here, just take some time and read through the posts. im sure you will get lots of help :)

As for smiling, Definitely! .. they wont want someone sulking would they? But of course be natural, have eye contact and smile away!! :D

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 11:34 am

haha... tnx for the advice...

however, i do keep track of this forum and the 'brief description of the interview' u mentioned, was not the 1st round of interview(should be the 1-1 interview).... it seems alot of people here already got thru e 1st round and I'm lookin for key points which i should mention which will get me pass the 1st round...(10-2 interview)...

I heard that beside speaking confidently, mentioning that you really wish to have the job will get you thru... is that right? Can anyone share abt what they spoke about for their intro at their 1st interview? It would help me alot.... coz i'm preparing my speech and really lost at what i should say... Thankz a bunch if u guyz can help me!!!
:D :D :D

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:59 pm

Michael Vana, were u refering to me? Haha... :)

Ruriko, maybe u can read my 2 long posts in the thread "SIA recruitment on the 4th March".

Its in either pg 13/14/15.

haha.. :D

msfifi

Post by msfifi » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 6:53 pm

my speech was super short. they were asking for introductions and what our hobbies were. the girls before me kinda droned on about their jobs and working experience and were booted out, so i guess you should stick to the topic given. and basically everyone else said they were busy with their jobs and didn't have time for hobbies (wtf?!) and proceeded to tell them about their working experience.

i greeted everyone and told them my name, age, and that i withdrew from poly last year so I had LOTS of free time. Told them about my hobbies - that i was a typical singaporean who love to eat and shop! and that i love reading as well, and i was waiting patiently for the next harry potter book (everyone was laughing by then). i even told them that my mom was pestering me to take up mandarin as a third language, since its useful nowadays and my grandmother was chinese (at this point, everyone threw me curious looks). and that's it.

i guess you should just be natural and not seem like you're trying to hard. and speak in a clear and pleasant voice. AND SMILE - but not too much coz that would probably make you look deranged. make eye contact with the interviewers and everyone else in the room. but i think it all depends on the interviewers' opinions about you, if they don't like you, you're out.

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 7:00 pm

If u really want to be an FA, smiling should come naturally to you.

You don't have to force it. :D

msfifi

Post by msfifi » Wed, 07 Mar 2007 9:23 pm

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:If u really want to be an FA, smiling should come naturally to you.

You don't have to force it. :D
exactly!

TeaHouse

Post by TeaHouse » Thu, 08 Mar 2007 4:04 am

the attitude counts alot, especially infront of all the CTS who do the first round interview, be humble, good morning sorry excuse mi thank you goes a long way, and yeah, look interested when others are talking, it really help

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:27 pm

Fifi, is that your photo? You are so pretty!!! :D

the prettiest forumer in this forum.

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:16 am

Hey you know, Thats actually a very nice thing to say... :)

But then again, it isn't very convincing, is it? :-s
Seeing that there aren't more than 5 pics under "Airline Careers" for you to 'judge' #-o

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:59 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Hey you know, Thats actually a very nice thing to say... :)

But then again, it isn't very convincing, is it? :-s
Seeing that there aren't more than 5 pics under "Airline Careers" for you to 'judge' #-o
Why not put up yours? So we can judge better? :devil:

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 1:05 am

HAHA....

Trying to EGG me on to put up my picture right?
I was expecting that!! :)

What if i go to STC next tym & u recognise me But i don't recognise u?

Why don't u put up yours first??
U'll be the 1st guy that does it!! =D>

I'll be so proud of u!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 1:08 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:HAHA....

Trying to EGG me on to put up my picture right?
I was expecting that!! :)

What if i go to STC next tym & u recognise me But i don't recognise u?

Why don't u put up yours first??
U'll be the 1st guy that does it!! =D>

I'll be so proud of u!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gimmi ur MSN, with the photo, we will recognise one another? Better deal, isn't it? :twisted:

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Sat, 10 Mar 2007 1:11 am

M ah!!!!

Why are u so eager to find out how I look like?

U've nothing to do huh? HAhA!!! :D

I'll give u everything when I'm 100% chop IN alr ok?

LAter I don't make it pass the mAnagement, I'll be REAAAAL upset.

Aiya, Just put up ur pic la!!! Don't be shy!! :cool:

When are u graduating MAn?