Singapore Expats

Daytime...that magical time when everyone else is working...

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
mediacorp artiste

Daytime...that magical time when everyone else is working...

Post by mediacorp artiste » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 8:07 pm

I just read a post on another expat website that there is no social activity in Singapore because everyone works too much. That can't be true, you guys seem pretty busy with WNDC, FNDC and what not, right?

But here's a challenge: what about during the day? Am new to this forum but a bit older to Singapore (not much) and am stuck not working while I recover from an injury. Wow, I just realized today that I spend so much time working and/or traveling that now I'm not sure what to do with my time! Very sad, I know... :-({|=

Anyone want to offer their random thoughts? Anything from serious to silly is great, don't be shy, at a minimum you will entertain your fellow forum readers with your odd habits :D

I could tell you the standard age/gender/job thing, but later, don't want it to limit your creativity.

1. Read your replies
2. Try the iGallop and iDrum and other wierd Osim stuff with the other media corp artistes....

junmonkey

Post by junmonkey » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:24 pm

i usually like to watch all the television dramas that i missing watching on dvd. prison break, heroes, etc.

5-10 episodes a day. its an amazing rush.

Aviator

Post by Aviator » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 1:02 am

I usually swim or tan at the club :)

mediacorp artiste

Post by mediacorp artiste » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 8:53 pm

exercising or sports would be my first choice, but both are out of the question until recovery.

I've got (hopefully) only 3 more days to kill. The season on DVD idea sounds good. Anybody have a season of 24 that they are willing to lend?

Anybody else out there in my situation?

mediacorp artiste

Post by mediacorp artiste » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 1:57 pm

HELP! I just saw the doctor and got a 10 day extention of physical therapy (and no work). My family is still out of town for two more weeks :cry:

I'm gonna go nuts!

Cubby

Post by Cubby » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 2:01 pm

Watch Channel 5 the dance floor tonight, that should cheer you up..? Well make you laugh if nothing else..

puneet
Regular
Regular

Post by puneet » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 2:11 pm

watch the rain come down

or go drown ur sorrows of ur injury every night in a bar

Aviator

Post by Aviator » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 2:46 pm

I have been off from mon to thu, jus read a book, clean up the house, or chat with friends over msn... its ok la...

BearHug
Regular
Regular

Post by BearHug » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 4:36 pm

Explore Sentosa on foot. :)

but since you on medical leave, try to fix a 5000pc jigsaw puzzle that you can frame on your wall as a reminder of your sacred free time. :lol:

cheers!
TheTimeIsAlwaysRightToDoWhatIsRight. Image

puneet
Regular
Regular

Post by puneet » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 4:55 pm

thats a nice one bear hug , well i try to study as much as i can during free time , and watch tv lol

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by kingajit » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:16 pm

try this....it will get u hooked on....caution it is addictive
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic39488.html

mediacorp artiste

Post by mediacorp artiste » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 6:14 pm

OK, tried a bunch of your suggestions with differing levels of success (the Dance Floor episode wasn't great, but had fun with the little red box :D ) Also went to the Singapore public library near my house...must say I am very impressed. Great selection and variety, totally automated and open late.

Next distraction is Prison Break TV series, which I managed to borrow. Although I hate to admit it, would also love to find someone willling to lend me Desperate Housewives season 2.

Thanks to CEH, attempting to meet the fellow geriatrics at Starbucks also allowed me to prove to the doctor that I can start going around, although in limited doses! Next up, maybe a daytime gathering, stay tuned! \:D/