Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
p3i86

any idea

Post by p3i86 » Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:04 pm

anyone know the passing rate for water confidence and management rd?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: any idea

Post by M » Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:27 pm

p3i86 wrote:anyone know the passing rate for water confidence and management rd?
In general, there isn't any. If you don't make the cut, that's about it. #-o

michael vana

Post by michael vana » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 2:23 am

GroundZiro wrote:Just concern, i went on the 27th Feb for 2nd round interview, the interviewer said he will put me on the 3rd round, when i got out, the lady outside actually didn't ask me to sign the water confident test form and she only said they will email me the date and information on the 3rd round of interview, i saw the rest when they passed the 2nd round, they actually need to sign something, just curious about this....
That im really unsure. 3rd round of interview.. for guys? or girls? cause for my 3rd round of interview, its the management rd already. Or maybe u could check with them if its not too late.. u know they could have made a mistake and missed out on asking u to sign. the form u mention is it for the date for the water confidence?

michael vana

Post by michael vana » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 2:25 am

miss-toes wrote:hi, i went for the interview today. and i cleared e kebaya and skincheck. and guess what? the 1-1 which is supposedly 1-1 but i got 2 interviewers instead! 2-1 ! SIA has double standards??? everyone else was a 1-1 and mine 2-1. how unfair! and i got booted out. and the 2 female interviewers were really bitchy..... :angry: guess you dont stand much of a chance when they dont like you at first sight .. no matter how polite you are and how hard you try to smile at em!

Im sorry. Just blame it on luck this time.. cheer up girl O:)

Chances are the next u can pick up easier from where u left.

michael vana

Post by michael vana » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 2:30 am

p3i86 wrote:anyone know the passing rate for water confidence and management rd?
There's really no passing rate, not that i know of that is.. If im getting your question right. For water confidence, they are just there to see if you can stay clam when plunged into the supposingly deep sea.(yes, the pool is very dark indeed, maybe quite deep)

Management rd could be talking about anything. its up to the higher management if they like you. stress on the way you speak, body language, dont give dead ended answers, smile always, and have the right mindset of the job. cheers! :)

p3i86

Post by p3i86 » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 7:02 am

michael vana wrote:
There's really no passing rate, not that i know of that is.. If im getting your question right. For water confidence, they are just there to see if you can stay clam when plunged into the supposingly deep sea.(yes, the pool is very dark indeed, maybe quite deep)

Management rd could be talking about anything. its up to the higher management if they like you. stress on the way you speak, body language, dont give dead ended answers, smile always, and have the right mindset of the job. cheers! :)
Thank you for your time....

GroundZiro

Post by GroundZiro » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 11:01 am

michael vana wrote:
GroundZiro wrote:Just concern, i went on the 27th Feb for 2nd round interview, the interviewer said he will put me on the 3rd round, when i got out, the lady outside actually didn't ask me to sign the water confident test form and she only said they will email me the date and information on the 3rd round of interview, i saw the rest when they passed the 2nd round, they actually need to sign something, just curious about this....
That im really unsure. 3rd round of interview.. for guys? or girls? cause for my 3rd round of interview, its the management rd already. Or maybe u could check with them if its not too late.. u know they could have made a mistake and missed out on asking u to sign. the form u mention is it for the date for the water confidence?
I suppose the form is the consent form for the water confidence test, because my 2nd round is 1 to 1 interview, 3rd round should be water confidence test rite?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 1:22 pm

GroundZiro wrote:I suppose the form is the consent form for the water confidence test, because my 2nd round is 1 to 1 interview, 3rd round should be water confidence test rite?
I think he meant 3rd day. \:D/ Water confidence is usually held on the 2nd day and if you consider that to be the 3rd round, that's correct too. \:D/

plyn

Post by plyn » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 1:43 pm

i don't think there's any passing rate. i guess they just want to see if you have the courage to jump in and whether you still look okay after the jump. eg. remember to use waterproof mascara and no eye-liner pls. you don't wanna look like you're dripping black liquid from your eyes.

for the water confidence round, the only scary part is the moment before you jump in. once you have taken the step out of the mock-up plane, down into the pool you go! you'll definitely sink in for 2-3 secs before you surface to the pool again. then, just swim backwards to the end of the pool.

for my mgmt round last yr, it's chit-chat time with the interviewers who want to know more about your life, family, commitments, whether you're ready to be away from home etc. always have a smile on your face and be confident (not over-confident though)! however, only 7 out of 12 got thru the mgmt round to the tea-party and the final count after the tea-party was 6 <-- whom some of them later became my batch girls :)

p3i86

Post by p3i86 » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 2:21 pm

plyn wrote:
i don't think there's any passing rate. i guess they just want to see if you have the courage to jump in and whether you still look okay after the jump. eg. remember to use waterproof mascara and no eye-liner pls. you don't wanna look like you're dripping black liquid from your eyes.

for the water confidence round, the only scary part is the moment before you jump in. once you have taken the step out of the mock-up plane, down into the pool you go! you'll definitely sink in for 2-3 secs before you surface to the pool again. then, just swim backwards to the end of the pool.

for my mgmt round last yr, it's chit-chat time with the interviewers who want to know more about your life, family, commitments, whether you're ready to be away from home etc. always have a smile on your face and be confident (not over-confident though)! however, only 7 out of 12 got thru the mgmt round to the tea-party and the final count after the tea-party was 6 <-- whom some of them later became my batch girls :)

Thanks for the reply.... why did some fail the management rd...really depends on luck?

kirstin84

Post by kirstin84 » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 2:35 pm

hi i know this is gonna sound stupid but for a non-swimmer like me, if i just kick(freestyle kind) i should be able to reach the end of the pool? i heard we have to pull the life jacket down with hands and thus left with legs to kick? also light make up will do?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 3:09 pm

kirstin84 wrote:hi i know this is gonna sound stupid but for a non-swimmer like me, if i just kick(freestyle kind) i should be able to reach the end of the pool? i heard we have to pull the life jacket down with hands and thus left with legs to kick? also light make up will do?
You will be jumping in with your life vest, so the only way you can make it across is on your back. :wink:

plyn

Post by plyn » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 3:10 pm

kirstin84 wrote:hi i know this is gonna sound stupid but for a non-swimmer like me, if i just kick(freestyle kind) i should be able to reach the end of the pool? i heard we have to pull the life jacket down with hands and thus left with legs to kick? also light make up will do?
hah. guess what? i can't exactly swim too! :p but it's alrite :) you dun have to go around announcing to everyone though.

1) make sure your life jacket is inflated. the ones they have at the pool are deflated so you have to manually inflate them ya?

2) cross your arms in front of your life jacket to prevent it from slipping off you when you hit the water. the strong impact may cause it to fly out if it's not secured.

3) just JUMP. the scary part will be over once you jump in. you'll sink in for a while then after you resurface, try and position yourself facing the mockup pool n start swimming backwards. you can use your hands to help you move backwards faster. no problem with that. your life jacket will still be on you so you don't have to hold on to it for dear life.

4) following which, they probably would ask you to walk up to them in your swim suit where they'll have a visual body check to see your body shape and if you got any visible scars/tattoos.

and for the makeup, like what i said.. as long as you still look good before and after the jump. i guess it's alrite :p jia you girls!

indcisive
Regular
Regular

Post by indcisive » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 3:13 pm

Yeah, you will reach the other end. I doubt you'll need to hold down the life jacket. You can use your hand to help you paddle your way across the pool. Theres no need to rush, take your time. Not too sure bout the make up thingy since i'm a guy but i guess as long its waterproof it should do the trick.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 05 Mar 2007 3:19 pm

That does sound stupid.