Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:14 pm

thelabeljunky wrote:
j0Yce wrote:Btw M, you are oledi selected rite? Care to share how you got thru' all the rounds?
#-o

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:27 pm

j0Yce wrote:Btw M, you are oledi selected rite? Care to share how you got thru' all the rounds?
Hey, the killer rounds have to be the first round which is the 10 in a group and the final interview.

To cross the first hurdle, no one really knows the actual requirement and if you have what they are looking for, you will simpily get past without much hassle. Just be composed and genuine for the first and you should be fine. Be attentive even when others are presenting.

As for the last, the interview is pretty much similar except that you do not have to stand :oops!: and there are 2 in the panel. :devil: Any questions, scenerios and even role play might be asked of you, so just be composed and genuine once again. [-o<

I cannot say for all but this is to the best of my knowledge. \:D/
Last edited by M on Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:29 pm

thelabeljunky wrote:I thought M = Male?

HAHAHA :cool:
Not really but that will do for me too. :king:

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:41 pm

Oh Plavt, u're so funny............ :lol:

Tomato, don't worry so much yeah?
I think that you know how to draw your brows. The fact that U think you look wierd is because u're simply not used to how u look. Don't worry.

I'm paranoid as well. I got my brows plucked to make it look neater but I think I look funny eventhough all my friends said that it was REALLY good & neat. I am just not used to it. :D

Don't worry dear. Maybe get your closefrens to help u draw? :)

Don't go natural if u're not confident as u may worry that they will mark u down for that.. Just go with some Light make-up. I will too.

I don't think we should try to cover up so much. The beauticians will be able to see thru what lies beneath too.. haha... :lol:

tomato

Post by tomato » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 1:14 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Oh Plavt, u're so funny............ :lol:

Tomato, don't worry so much yeah?
I think that you know how to draw your brows. The fact that U think you look wierd is because u're simply not used to how u look. Don't worry.

I'm paranoid as well. I got my brows plucked to make it look neater but I think I look funny eventhough all my friends said that it was REALLY good & neat. I am just not used to it. :D

Don't worry dear. Maybe get your closefrens to help u draw? :)

Don't go natural if u're not confident as u may worry that they will mark u down for that.. Just go with some Light make-up. I will too.

I don't think we should try to cover up so much. The beauticians will be able to see thru what lies beneath too.. haha... :lol:

:D tats so sweet of you...tankew! guess i will try ba...hee~ if i dun get in bt at least i tried... :)

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 1:50 am

Good luck to all on Sunday! :D

michael vana

Post by michael vana » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 2:46 am

Hi, hey guys.. i'm new here. very new.. like i just registered 10 minutes ago.
Well i just want to share a thought with everyone. you know its gonna be alright, this coming 4th March. everything's going to be fine even if you didnt make it through the first group interview. all you would is to gain much knowledge on how the interview goes.. so much questions and answers wont really give you the exact picture. Like what M mentioned earlier, there's really no any hard and fast rule that who or what gets through and what not. its all up to how you present yourself, physically and mm.. er.. intelligently? Be yourself, be proactive, and :) .

I went for my interview during the previous recruitment exercise, alone. yep scary. very. Remember that fateful 6th Jan.. i got myself all ready, prepared a small introduction and some interview questions. when i got there to Stamford, i couldnt bring myself up to the convention floor.. straight i headed for the gents. Hahahaa I spent like 20 minutes in there, in a cubicle reciting my speech and all. omg 8-[

And yea,, long story.

so carry on... by the time i drag myself to the registration; passing all the long queues of candidates, only to find myself too late. All this.. just to tell you, go for it! Dont be late, do not back out [-X , and registration should close at 12noon.

So about enough.
Good luck to all who's going and be your best! :wink: mingle!!

michael vana

Post by michael vana » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 2:52 am

Oh and if anyone's interested to know what happened to me. :roll: well i was lucky, there was Day2 so yea.. it went well. :)

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:45 am

Good for you Michael Vana!!!! :D

M, to think about it, u're quite right about the 1st introduction round being one of the killer rounds...

Man, I just jope I don't get called out to present first. :???:

What more, its gonna be my first interview this Sunday. Don't even know what to expect. *faint* :?

ladybird_23

Post by ladybird_23 » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 12:05 pm

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Good for you Michael Vana!!!! :D

M, to think about it, u're quite right about the 1st introduction round being one of the killer rounds...

Man, I just jope I don't get called out to present first. :???:

What more, its gonna be my first interview this Sunday. Don't even know what to expect. *faint* :?
dun worry. during the 1st round, they will juz ask u to do a self-intro and maybe u might wanna add in why u wanna be a stewardess. the interviewers will juz smile and nod. as for the other applicants, they will juz listen and smile too. they r probably v nervous juz like u. so dun worry. :D

if all went well, i am juz scared of the kebaya fitting.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 4:45 pm

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote: Man, I just jope I don't get called out to present first. :???:
Then go prepared: preparation being my constant rant in this thread.

cabbage_girl

Post by cabbage_girl » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 5:04 pm

tomato wrote:i have got so much to worry abt the interview..hahha..im scared of everything...guess i have to bring all the amulets with me...

somemore quite a few of ppl whom i kw commented on my light eyebrows as in i have fewer strands at the end of the brow which makes me look like i have half a brow only..i dun even kw how to draw my brows..lol..i tried drawin at home and i look like the cartoon shin-chan.. :? i was wonderin if i appear the normal look will they reject me due to my brows..lol

i guess im too paranoid...hahahaha

Tomato,

Go with confidence! Having confidence = half the battle won. What they wanna see is a girl who is confident of herself, be it inside or ourside.

All the best! :wink:

ladybird_23

Post by ladybird_23 » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 5:39 pm

michael vana wrote:Oh and if anyone's interested to know what happened to me. :roll: well i was lucky, there was Day2 so yea.. it went well. :)
congrats!! :D

tomato

Post by tomato » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 8:10 pm

cabbage_girl wrote:
tomato wrote:i have got so much to worry abt the interview..hahha..im scared of everything...guess i have to bring all the amulets with me...

somemore quite a few of ppl whom i kw commented on my light eyebrows as in i have fewer strands at the end of the brow which makes me look like i have half a brow only..i dun even kw how to draw my brows..lol..i tried drawin at home and i look like the cartoon shin-chan.. :? i was wonderin if i appear the normal look will they reject me due to my brows..lol

i guess im too paranoid...hahahaha

Tomato,

Go with confidence! Having confidence = half the battle won. What they wanna see is a girl who is confident of herself, be it inside or ourside.

All the best! :wink:

:wink: tankew~~ so u gg for the interview too??

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 9:49 pm

Dear Ladybird_23,

IF they just ask for intro, I don't think I would carry on and tell them why I wanna be an air stewardess... haha.... :D :lol:

Hmm... It'd be a lil wierd right? Later they'll think You might be acting smart, maybe? :???: