Singapore Expats

Work Pass (WP & EP)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
luckysun

Work Pass (WP & EP)

Post by luckysun » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:13 am

Hello all,

I worked in a S'porean company with WP previously although I'm a graduate with years of experience. I hold the WP for few mths only before I canceled it.

Fortunately, I employed by a MNC located at Singapore too recently. And this time, they are applying EP for me.

My question are:
1. Will my previous WP record influence on EP approval?
2. Anything else I shall prepare other than documents they required?
3. Shall I fill in my previous WP num in my EP application form?

I sincerely need you guys to advise. Much appreciate. :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:20 pm

When filling out any Singapore Government Application forms always fill out exactly what they ask for. If there is a place for putting your former FIN or WP number then do so. Otherwise, you stand the risk of being found out later and possibly have your EP cancelled. The government doesn't like to have the wool pulled over their eyes. Where you are required to fill out your job history you will obviously need to show the period you worked in Singapore and it would be a good idea to include it at that time rather than waiting for them to ask you.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers