Singapore Expats

entrepass - singpost ?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
need-entrepass

entrepass - singpost ?

Post by need-entrepass » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 8:22 pm

hello everyone :),

i have a question about the entrepass.

i have prepared my business plan but im in the USA. i dont understand the MOM website asks the files to be submitted to ANY singpost.

does it mean i have to send it to a singpost office ? but which one is the best to submit my business plan ?

has anyone done this before ? sending the biz plan from abroad ?

thank you

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:07 pm

You are required to submit to a Singpost post office because there is a S$40 fee which is collected by Singpost for MOM and which MOM will not collect.

You could send to a post office for processing; however you still have the problem of handing them S$40 which can only be done with cash, cahs card or Nets.

Your best bet would be to have a local address and have someone submit the application. I believe you need a local address for correspondence anyway.

Drop me a private email and I will see if I can help in your submission.

need-entrepass

Post by need-entrepass » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 6:35 pm

you mean singpost will not open the package ? i intended to put $40 in the package to pay for the fee. but if they want to money there, what do i do ?

i wanted to PM you but the forum wouldnot allow me as i dont have enough post.

could i send you $35 usd via paypal ? and wont they send the result/ decision to my us address ?

thats really weird, how come they havenot thought of this , Omg... there are ppl want to apply for the entrepass abroad...

Pls help to pm me 1st.

thank you very much :)

rudy

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 7:41 pm

need-entrepass,

You only need 2 more posts since you already have 3 above.

Good luck with your entrepass.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 7:41 pm

need-entrepass wrote:you mean singpost will not open the package ? i intended to put $40 in the package to pay for the fee. but if they want to money there, what do i do ?

i wanted to PM you but the forum wouldnot allow me as i dont have enough post.

could i send you $35 usd via paypal ? and wont they send the result/ decision to my us address ?

thats really weird, how come they havenot thought of this , Omg... there are ppl want to apply for the entrepass abroad...

Pls help to pm me 1st.

thank you very much :)

rudy
You can email me at [email protected]. PM's start working with five messages (spam control).

You will note that on the application for Entrepass, page 1, there is a local Singapore address. When I filed my application this was the only address they would send correspondence to. Seems crazy to me but that is the way it is. Requests for additional documentation and the approval letter came to the Singapore address.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/etc/media ... 052006.pdf

As for the post office, they handle all sorts of financial transactions for the Singapore govt. You can pay utility bills, traffic and parking fines, renew road tax, and a lot more. So, MOM uses them as the collection agency for the fees.

When you submit an Entrepass to them, all the particulars of the Entrepass (name, phone, etc) are entered into a screen supplied by MOM so your application is immediately recorded and you get an application number at that point. You pay your S$40 at the window and the deed is done. The actual Entrepass applicaiton is stripped of envelopes, etc, a copy of the application receipt is attached and it goes into a pile for delivery to MOM the next day.

I suppose you could send the application to the post master along with Sing $40 in cash and hope they could figure it out... but I have to tell you this is out of the ordinary and there is no telling what might happen.

If you want to send you app to me I will file it and I will act as your correspondence address. Unless you are planning on starting a project management company to compete with me I won't even look at your app unless you want a comment.

We can work out the details of payment. S$40 is about $26.50 US. You could go the Paypal route or I will send you my US bank details and you can mail a check for deposit.

Drop me an email and we can work out details.

need-entrepass

Post by need-entrepass » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 8:42 pm

ah thank you very much . eh spam bot can capture your email if its like that. pls help to edit it so that it wont become a link.

i have been self employed in the last 3 years as a webmaster. so, my biz plan is in web biz.

so once they see the package, they will enter my info based on the name & address written on the envelope ? if they open the package after that, then it wont be a problem then ? they can find the money inside.

im thinking .. hmm

rudy

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 8:52 pm

need-entrepass wrote:ah thank you very much . eh spam bot can capture your email if its like that. pls help to edit it so that it wont become a link.

i have been self employed in the last 3 years as a webmaster. so, my biz plan is in web biz.

so once they see the package, they will enter my info based on the name & address written on the envelope ? if they open the package after that, then it wont be a problem then ? they can find the money inside.

im thinking .. hmm

rudy
They enter the information from the application. Besides name and address, they will check various parts of the application to insure it is filled out... like signature and sponsor/guarantor page, and business plan attached. There are more things they check... I forget the whole list.

So they will open it. The key will be addressing it to a/the postmaster and getting it processed... seriously, if you are doing something out of the ordinary, like mailing it, people get confused. And it better be Sing $40 in the envelope or nothing will happen. And of course, you will still need the local correspondence address.