Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ningie

Post by ningie » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 1:00 pm

Hi anyone of you guys here expecting a interview on 27th ?

And what questions do they usually ask for Round 1 and Round 2?

givemeaclue

SIA recruiting stewardesses from China

Post by givemeaclue » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 8:30 pm

Yup. The recruitment ad is on the website. Hmmm. I really don't know what to think about this. Are there currently women from the PRC serving onboard SIA flights? Food for thought. LOTS of thought. PRC women clad in THAT kebaya serving onboard Singapore Airlines. We've got ladies from Japan, Korean, Indonesia, Malaysia and India. Truly multicultural. Which is probably a good thing. Why then do I suddenly feel awkward about the thought of PRC ladies in THAT kebaya? Of course, i understand that these women will probably serve onboard most of the flights to and from China. But my gosh. This certainly puts a new perspective on things.

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:49 pm

Erm...

PRC u mean People Republic of China?

HMM...

I've never heard of that.

msfifi

Post by msfifi » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:53 am

I'm FINALLY done reading through all the 500+ pages. My eyes are going bonkers right now. PHEW, and i finally signed for an account. Is anyone trying out for the 4th march recruitment drive? My confidence level is on the low, I only have 6 o level credits with an A2 for english and very minimal customer service experience, probably like 5 months worth of temporary jobs. I was in poly though (note: WAS), i withdrew halfway. Will they even take that into consideration? And are my educational qualifications enough? Kinda afraid i'll be turned down immediately.. the thought makes me not want to go for it.

(I'm really excited for this upcoming interview. I even started exercising! haha and usually the only form of exercise I get is from shopping)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 1:41 am

msfifi wrote:I'm FINALLY done reading through all the 500+ pages. My eyes are going bonkers right now.
That's the spirit! \:D/ It probably helps more than trying to get some quick answers when most references are made available.

Code: Select all

At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.
(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).
You need those O's with relevant working experience but if you don't, it doesn't hurt trying really. It works better when you're fresh and young. \:D/

msfifi

Post by msfifi » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 1:56 am

well.. i look TOO young! I'm 19, and people say I look 14! Jeez.. so horrible. But hopefully i'll look 30 when i'm actually 50. (: 5 months of experience is still an experience right?

Aiyah I hope lady luck is on my side on Sunday. I wanna get through partly coz i don't want to continue my studies! So boring, can die. I'd prefer going to exotic places to pouring over stupid science textbooks anyday!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 2:11 am

msfifi wrote:well.. i look TOO young! I'm 19, and people say I look 14! Jeez.. so horrible. But hopefully i'll look 30 when i'm actually 50. (: 5 months of experience is still an experience right?

Aiyah I hope lady luck is on my side on Sunday. I wanna get through partly coz i don't want to continue my studies! So boring, can die. I'd prefer going to exotic places to pouring over stupid science textbooks anyday!
Be happy with that and best of luck! 8-)

ms'dowager
Regular
Regular

Post by ms'dowager » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 2:13 am

Hey darling, cheers man. u aint alone :)
i'm also a 7 credits holder for o levels.
Lets work hard together alrights? :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: SIA recruiting stewardesses from China

Post by Plavt » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 6:57 am

givemeaclue wrote:Yup. The recruitment ad is on the website. Hmmm. I really don't know what to think about this. Are there currently women from the PRC serving onboard SIA flights? Food for thought. LOTS of thought. PRC women clad in THAT kebaya serving onboard Singapore Airlines. We've got ladies from Japan, Korean, Indonesia, Malaysia and India. Truly multicultural. Which is probably a good thing. Why then do I suddenly feel awkward about the thought of PRC ladies in THAT kebaya? Of course, i understand that these women will probably serve onboard most of the flights to and from China. But my gosh. This certainly puts a new perspective on things.
I am really not sure what you are getting at since you have no problem with the other nationalities amongst the crew? Chinese or any other nationality they are just people, try to understand them and their society if that's what bothers you.

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:13 am

Hi gals,

(esp experienced interviewees/stewardesses- ur help would be greatly appreciated!) anyone's help would be appreciated too!

Just want to find out more about how they conduct the skin checks. I am new here, have read thru some of the pages and read that interviewees will be asked to stand with the kerbaya on with lights shining on you, right? They look out for visible scars after the kerbaya is worn, but do they also look out for scars BENEATH the kerbaya?

The thing is, I happen to have some scars from my legs. And even if they don't get to see it at the kerbaya round, they wil get to see it at the swimming round.. so there is no way i can avoid it. So wondering, anybody knows if that would be an issue in the judging criteria?

Scars aside, would they give exceptions on moles, be it on the face or on the body?

Do they really judge very importantly on flawless skin, on the face and body?

Let's just say aside from the obvious criterias like how you carry yourself, confidence, poise and etc :)

Ms G

Post by Ms G » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:49 am

i wanna go for the walk-in on this coming sunday.
can i join you girls? :)

ningie

Post by ningie » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:22 am

To : p3i86

Sorry i cant reply your private msg cos i havent got enough post count to do so. Yup im from NP. Going to the interview @ 27th. What time is your session?

Fellow SIA-wannabes....Can someone be very kind to roughly tell me what questions do they ask in Round 1 and Round 2? Im so nervoussss for tmr's interview!!

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 1:01 pm

Hi Msfifi!!

U're not really young..

I'm younger. Only 18 here. =)

And I'm going for the upcoming recruitment as well. :D

Come along too yeah! Don't think about the 'buts' and 'ifs'.

p3i86

Post by p3i86 » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 2:15 pm

ningie wrote:To : p3i86

Sorry i cant reply your private msg cos i havent got enough post count to do so. Yup im from NP. Going to the interview @ 27th. What time is your session?

Fellow SIA-wannabes....Can someone be very kind to roughly tell me what questions do they ask in Round 1 and Round 2? Im so nervoussss for tmr's interview!!
thats fine....mine is at 1115...yours?

wendily

Post by wendily » Mon, 26 Feb 2007 3:40 pm

I should be going for the coming recruitment. Anyone together? Can email me at [email protected]