Singapore Expats

A good package for an entry-level market research position?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
mun_vn

A good package for an entry-level market research position?

Post by mun_vn » Wed, 07 Feb 2007 12:24 pm

Hi everyone,
I got an offer from a well-known market research company in Sing and the package includes
-2,200 base salary
-bonus includes up to one month pay
-medical and dental coverage
-annual leave: 20 days

Is it a good package given my qualifications:

-Bachelor's degree, graduated as the top student from a top ten US business school (the award is based on 3 criteria: academic credentials, leadership, civic mindedness. my school is in the top ten of undergraduate business schools according to USNews)

-1 year of research experience (during college) including both independent and group projects.

-A few months working at an MNC (not directly related to market research though).

I am still new to Singapore and even though I know a little bit about the average salary, it is always good to learn more from you all.

Please advise if the whole package sounds okay and if I can expect something in the range of S$2,400-2,800...Thanks so much.

luckytweety

Not bad

Post by luckytweety » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:24 am

Hi,

I think it is not a bad offer.

Btw, I am graduating from the states as well and new to Singapore as well.

May I know which university you are graduating?

Cheers...

Makan24-7
Regular
Regular

Post by Makan24-7 » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 1:13 pm

I hate to say this but if you are from a top 10 undergrad business school (per US News) like Wharton (UPenn), McIntire (U VA), Sloan (MIT), Ross (U Michigan), Stern (NYU), then I have to say S$2.2k is pretty much on the very low end.

I presume that you found your job through local means. Most undergrads from those schools listed above who go to Asia are usually recruited directly on-campus from the US into consulting, banking or corporate development/corporate strategy positions with comp packages significantly higher than the 2.2k you've been offered.

I hope I don't come across as a haughty snob but I'm just stating facts based on what I know and have seen.

puneet
Regular
Regular

Post by puneet » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 4:37 pm

are u from the US or are u graduating from a US school from a private instituition here , cos if its a private inst ur grad from here then that pay package is good , but if ur coming from the US to singapore for that pay package i dont think its a wise choice