Singapore Expats

Dress Code For Interview?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Intrinsic Dreamer

Dress Code For Interview?

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:04 am

Harloe.....

Just wondering what's the appropriate dress code? :?

Do we really have to don formal blouses and skirts and covered shoes?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:28 am

hi there. what airlines r you referring to?

for jAL - yes you have to be super formal to create that first impression. to come in your power suit, hair tied up, full make up, covered shoes and stockings as well if possible.

for sia- not a need, just to dress smart casual. actually even jeans will do but of cos it wont give you that much of confidence unless u want to dress in formal attire as well but keep it minimal cos SIA doesnt really judge you base on that. they prefer to hear they way u talk, carry yourself, smile and how u keep that good posture in the kebaya.

cheers
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 1:06 am

So actually A skirt or a dress will do? :D

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:10 pm

a dress or skirt will do for SIA but not for JAL.

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:24 pm

Opps, sry I forgot to tell you that I meant SIA. :)

Thanks. Hmm... What about footwear?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:58 pm

just wear anything you feel comfortable with. to me i will wear covered shoes

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 1:43 pm

yeahh.. there are people who got through with like, jeans and tank top. but yeahh, dress smart casual. jeans is alright but you might wanna be more formal with the top. the shoes doesn`t really matter. just look good generally will do. what really matters is hoe you speak, walk, stand and all more than what you wore.

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:06 pm

Thanks!!

It may not sound common but i hate wearing Jeans!! Haha...

Many girls love jeans but I love skirts instead..

I do not invest in any jeans!!! Haha...

Its really warm wearing it.

Thanks, just wondering what to wear to show a lil respect for the interviewer. I hope no one's going in a mini skirt. Its a lil bit inappropriate right?

So we have to bring all our certs and stuff that was mentioned on the webbie? Hmm, Will they have a chance to look at it even? :???:

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:08 pm

well just bring your certs along! what really matters is you must completely fill up the form and paste your photo on it.

don`t wear anything mini i suggest.. knee length will do. you can wear whatever you like, not necessarily jeans!

j0Yce

Post by j0Yce » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 2:00 pm

my personal opinion for interview dress code -> clean, neat & decent.

For JAL, so long u dress up in a decent office top & skirt (with stockings + covered shoes).. that'll be fine. Blazer is optional, as it will make you look too formal (and project that "domineering look"). No boss want to employ someone who looks like he/she will overpower the boss.

For SIA, office wear is optional, cox many gals who turn up for the walk-in, dress in different styles.. Some in office wear, some in simple top & jeans, some in gowns (that look like attending ROM), some come in floral dress, some in tube top... Whatever u name it, u'll get to see there.

However the most important is how you carry yourself, no matter what attire you are wearing. :)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 3:22 pm

Thumb of rule for all interviews, be it for SIA, JAL or even other positions in other industries, you have to be properly attired for the interview.

You cannot be shabbily dressed and really, nothing less then a formal blouse with skirt or pants would be more appropriate for the interview. But of course, you can wear something more comfortable for yourself. 8-)

Just my 2 cents worth. :wink:

ww55

Post by ww55 » Thu, 22 Feb 2007 4:56 pm

j0Yce wrote:my personal opinion for interview dress code -> clean, neat & decent.

For JAL, so long u dress up in a decent office top & skirt (with stockings + covered shoes).. that'll be fine. Blazer is optional, as it will make you look too formal (and project that "domineering look"). No boss want to employ someone who looks like he/she will overpower the boss.

For SIA, office wear is optional, cox many gals who turn up for the walk-in, dress in different styles.. Some in office wear, some in simple top & jeans, some in gowns (that look like attending ROM), some come in floral dress, some in tube top... Whatever u name it, u'll get to see there.

However the most important is how you carry yourself, no matter what attire you are wearing. :)
hi joyce... but i feel so much wearing pants instead of skirt for jal's interview.. arghgh... how arh... :???: :???:

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:52 pm

just wear what is comfortable for you! wear what you prefer. it doesn`t matter if it`s a skirt or a pair of pants.

j0Yce

Post by j0Yce » Sat, 24 Feb 2007 6:22 pm

hi ww55, i think it's better that u wear skirt for JAL interview. I also wear a skirt loh. I think they'd like to see you in skirt (cox JAL uniform is skirt mah) :) but do remember to wear stockings & covered shoes. (it's not polite to reveal your toes during interview, even though with pretty pedicure) :D

Lynv
Regular
Regular

Post by Lynv » Sat, 03 Mar 2007 12:07 pm

What will you gals be wearing for SQ interview tomorrow?

I feel like wearing my newly bought halter neck and jeans!
Haha.. am I sending myself to the doom?!? :roll:

Good Luck!