Singapore Expats

Reductil

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
guest2

Reductil

Post by guest2 » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 3:26 am

Hi, anyone tried Reductil?
im planning to get it. care to share your experience with it?
thanks.

ceres
Regular
Regular

Post by ceres » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 7:51 am

I use it to get my weight down from 50kg-46kg less than a mth cuz i only got a box, not even finished. But with controlled diet, exercise almost every morning but not tedious or stress workout, simple ones like marching, lift legs & hands etc. :wink:
But what i suggest is after u hit ur target weight don't consume anymore and try to control your diet n exercise to maintain ur weight. Longterm consuming won't do good to you. :wink:

guess11

Post by guess11 » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 2:28 pm

using those kind of pills are temporary only..reductil and xenixal are those drugs under doctors supervision. Read the instruction carefully.Don't take a double dosage.It may kill you..be carefull. :shock:

ceres
Regular
Regular

Post by ceres » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 3:25 pm

oh ya. u got to see doctor to get the pills. I got it when i went for consultation at sloaneclinic at raffles place caltex. u can try their website for more information and appointment.
http://www.sloaneclinic.com/ :wink:

cyke69sg

Post by cyke69sg » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 7:30 pm

Reductil

Reductil or Meridia as it is called in USA is a prescription only drug for a reason.

You should go to a doctor who will explain to you the dangers of Reductil (Sibutramine HCl). There are many who prescribe it without giving due information.

Sibutramine exerts its pharmacological actions predominantly via its secondary (M1) and primary (M2) amine metabolites. The parent compound, sibutramine, is a potent inhibitor of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) and norepinephrine reuptake in vivo, but not in vitro. However, metabolites M1 and M2 inhibit the reuptake of these neurotransmitters both in vitro and in vivo.

In human brain tissue, M1 and M2 also inhibit dopamine reuptake in vitro, but with ~3-fold lower potency than for the reuptake inhibition of serotonin or norepinephrine.

In essence what this means is that your body gets more circulating serotonin and norepinephrine which are appetite suppressants. The norepinephrine (or adrenaline) also increases your metabolism which increases calorie burning. There are side effects however with modulation of both substances.

As for dopamine the main point is that it does not affect your dopamine levels as much as the serotonin and norepinephrine. Dopamine levels are low in depression patients and Parkinson's Disease patients. High levels of dopamine give rise to certain hyperactivity or psychiatric conditions.

The recommended starting dose of Reductil is 10 mg administered once daily with or without food. If there is inadequate weight loss, the dose may be titrated after four weeks to a total of 15 mg once daily. The 5 mg dose should be reserved for patients who do not tolerate the 10 mg dose. Blood pressure and heart rate changes should be taken into account when making decisions regarding dose titration.

Doses above 15 mg daily are not recommended. In most of the clinical trials, Reductil was given in the morning.

Analysis of numerous variables has indicated that approximately 60% of patients who lose at least 2kg in the first 4 weeks of treatment with a given dose of Reductil IN COMBINATION WITH A CALORIE REDUCED DIET lose at least 5% (placebo-subtracted) of their initial body weight by the end of 6 months to 1 year of treatment on that dose of Reductil.

Conversely, approximately 80% of patients who do not lose at least 2kg in the first 4 weeks of treatment with a given dose of Reductil do not lose at least 5% (placebo-subtracted) of their initial body weight by the end of 6 months to 1 year of treatment on that dose. If a patient has not lost at least 2kg in the first 4 weeks of treatment, the physician should consider reevaluation of therapy which may include increasing the dose or discontinuation of Reductil.

The safety and effectiveness of Reductil, as demonstrated in double-blind, placebo-controlled trials, have not been determined beyond 2 years at this time.

The most common side effects of Reductil are :

Headache (30.3% vs 18.6% placebo)
Anorexia ( no appetite) (13.0% vs 3.5% placebo)
Constipation (11.5% vs 6.0% placebo)
Dry mouth (17.2% vs 4.2% placebo)
Insomnia (cannot sleep) (10.7% vs 4.5% placebo)
Rhinitis (runny nose) (10.2% vs 7.1% placebo)
Pharyngitis (sore throat) (10.0% vs 8.4% placebo)

Reductil is also a controlled substance with potential for drug abuse because it tends to give you an uplifting effect.

The use of Reductil is usually advised for people who have difficulty losing weight with a calorie reduced diet and exercise regime. It is usually NOT meant to be started for patients as a first line method of weight loss.

Discuss with your doctor carefully.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you need more help.

jordy

Post by jordy » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:56 pm

kaka wrote:i have 2 boxes of reductil 10mg i want to let go
anyone interested can pm me for price

reductil controls appetite and make u feel that u are fuller therefore controlling your diet for weight loss

i am taking 15mg therefore 10mg will not be useful for me anymore
Hi kaka, not enough posts so can't pm you. PM me with the price?

kaka
Regular
Regular

Post by kaka » Mon, 19 Feb 2007 8:34 pm

jordy wrote:
kaka wrote:i have 2 boxes of reductil 10mg i want to let go
anyone interested can pm me for price

reductil controls appetite and make u feel that u are fuller therefore controlling your diet for weight loss

i am taking 15mg therefore 10mg will not be useful for me anymore
Hi kaka, not enough posts so can't pm you. PM me with the price?
sorry i've already sold them quite some time ago ^^

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”