Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
ellin18
Regular
Regular

Post by ellin18 » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 11:48 am

Hi Da Jie, Velvet, Tanjhj, Ecoli and all,

Many thanks for all these few months of encouragements and advice. I have, finally, managed to pluck up courage to do it. I will be flying to Taiwan on 6th to 14th Apr 2007 (to be confirmed again).

I have emailed Dr Chuang this morning. In the premises, Im keeping my fingers crossed.

ps- those who wants to join me please feel free to msn me ya!

Kind Regards

kaka
Regular
Regular

Post by kaka » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 12:57 pm

maskd2003 wrote:xiaozhu,

it's interesting that you say this.. because I am in the same situation.

Facial contouring for orientals is the best in Korea... I'm planning to go to BKclinic later this year sometime May-Oct for contouring and nose job. I would love to have someone join me...
heya, are you guy or girl?

gucciGirl

Re: ps in korea

Post by gucciGirl » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 5:48 pm

flowerling wrote:thank you soo much for your help... Velvet_CK... Can I ask if you or any of your friends have performed surgery with Dr Park or from the OZ Clinic? If so, what kind of surgery is that and hope u can share your experience or afterthoughts...

i read that calf surgery needs to have a min 10 days recovery and i'm really afraid that this is a big big operation and of course, the accomodation costs.... Do u have any idea how cheap is the accomodation there? Sorry for soo much questions but really full of gratitude!!! thx!!
hey flowerling, me also have the same problem. currently trying to do more research. it be great if we can exchange contact like msn and discusss together? i thinking of going taiwan instead of korea coz korea is very ex. well if possible we exhcnage contacts den we can discuss further :)

gucciGirl

Post by gucciGirl » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 6:00 pm

a big hello to fellow forumers,

Spend around 2 weeks to browse finished all 300 pages. Phew.. lucky was browsing not reading if not God knows hw long do i need to finish :p

Was browsing for information abt calf surgery but unfortunately dun have much but nevertheless hehe it is interesting read and i find out useful info and coupled with contributions of before and after pic from fellow forumers.

Find out info like actually Taiwan and BKK is gd alternative than SG. Thanks the forumers for their reviews and useful info, if not i never thought of taiwan and BKK. I got this misconception that SG doc are so much better.

Fully agreed the quest of beauty know no bounds :) I find out taiwan and korea got perform calf surgery and make up my mind to do it at Taiwan, be it mean going alone. I am a very dependent person, the thought of travelling alone to other countries have nv came across my mind, but i really wanna do the surgery so i will go ahead with it. Just need to more research and planning b4 "shiped" myself to Taiwan :p

Let's jia you on our quest for beauty!

maskd2003

Post by maskd2003 » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 10:01 pm

Kaka,

I'm a girl (early 20's)

kaka
Regular
Regular

Post by kaka » Sat, 10 Feb 2007 12:25 am

maskd2003 wrote:Kaka,

I'm a girl (early 20's)
r u in US now??

maskd2003

Post by maskd2003 » Sat, 10 Feb 2007 1:46 am

yep.. yes I am!

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Photos after Nose PS

Post by yen2006 » Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:43 pm

Dear Ecoli, eillin18, tanjhj, kaka, momogigi, DMC,

I have attached my latest photos.. :oops: :oops:

Did at KALO JB 30 Dec 06, abt 5 weeks + already, still swell at the tip, hope it subsides soon.. :^o [-o< [-o< [-o<

http://img201.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 358gr.smil

yen :P :P
Last edited by yen2006 on Sun, 11 Feb 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular

Post by Velvet_CK » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 5:41 am

xiaozhu wrote:are the surgeries tat i wan to do consider drastic major surgery? cos i tink if i do cheekbone, jaw n chin n nose i will look totally different le.
That's the whole point right?

imjase

Post by imjase » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:41 pm

Hi,

I've been reading the pages here I did about 100-300 going to start at 1 to 100 when I got more time but took me 1-2 weeks to get through it all.

All I can say is lots of good useful information here together with other stuff I been researching and finding on the net.

Anyone else can share any other good english forums which discuss PS also so I can do a bit more research.

Some questions

Anyone know dr chuang email address? I cant read chinese and I want to contact him to seek an initial cosultation....

I'm male and I'm looking to do rhinoplasty,face contouring.

Some questions which I couldnt really work out the answer to.

1) If a male gets his face mandible resection narrowed so his face looks longer (which is meant to be a procedure if you want a sex exchange so I heard) does that mean you lose your chiseled look??? A bit confused on this point... I mean I want to still look like a guy! but have my face look more longer... does anyone know the exact surgery name for this for the cheek/jaw???

So far Im considering and shortlisted these doctors:

Dr Chuang - Taiwan
Dr Jung
Dr Kim BK Clinic
Dr Park OZ Clinic

I'm really looking for the person who will give me the best result although I know there is different opinions for each I think maybe I'm more
swaying to Chuang/Kim...

Also another one actually know the answer to this? My nose looks fine when I look at it in the mirror but when I take a picture it looks alot fatter than it looks. Same with my face... Its a bit puzzling but is there any cure for this or is it to do with the balance of the face :confused:

dolphin

Post by dolphin » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 6:36 pm

Hey there Imjase,

Now that you've mentioned you're a guy, I think Dr Jung would probably be the best choice. He does wonders for male faces, really.
He gives them strong chiselled masculine faces, which I think is what you're looking at. You could ask him to show you some of his past male clientele's faces.

I believe what you're looking at is Mandibular Reduction (reduction of lower facial width. Side effects include uneven shaving ( slight lopsided face! ) and potential paralysis due to injury to the muscles. My advice is to go for botox to relax your jaw first and see if you like the way you look after that. If you do, then perhaps you could plan ahead for more invasive surgery.

Good luck! :)
imjase wrote:Hi,

I've been reading the pages here I did about 100-300 going to start at 1 to 100 when I got more time but took me 1-2 weeks to get through it all.

All I can say is lots of good useful information here together with other stuff I been researching and finding on the net.

Anyone else can share any other good english forums which discuss PS also so I can do a bit more research.

Some questions

Anyone know dr chuang email address? I cant read chinese and I want to contact him to seek an initial cosultation....

I'm male and I'm looking to do rhinoplasty,face contouring.

Some questions which I couldnt really work out the answer to.

1) If a male gets his face mandible resection narrowed so his face looks longer (which is meant to be a procedure if you want a sex exchange so I heard) does that mean you lose your chiseled look??? A bit confused on this point... I mean I want to still look like a guy! but have my face look more longer... does anyone know the exact surgery name for this for the cheek/jaw???

So far Im considering and shortlisted these doctors:

Dr Chuang - Taiwan
Dr Jung
Dr Kim BK Clinic
Dr Park OZ Clinic

I'm really looking for the person who will give me the best result although I know there is different opinions for each I think maybe I'm more
swaying to Chuang/Kim...

Also another one actually know the answer to this? My nose looks fine when I look at it in the mirror but when I take a picture it looks alot fatter than it looks. Same with my face... Its a bit puzzling but is there any cure for this or is it to do with the balance of the face :confused:

dolphin

Post by dolphin » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 6:42 pm

Hi xiaozhu,

Actually, it's said that 90% of a person's face is changed once you go for rhinoplasty combined with an eye job. So if you're thinking of doing that combined with a jaw/chin job, yes, you'd end up nearly totally different :)

Velvet_CK wrote:
xiaozhu wrote:are the surgeries tat i wan to do consider drastic major surgery? cos i tink if i do cheekbone, jaw n chin n nose i will look totally different le.
That's the whole point right?

BlueberryMochi

Re: Photos after Nose PS

Post by BlueberryMochi » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:14 pm

yen2006 wrote:Dear Ecoli, eillin18, tanjhj, kaka, momogigi, DMC,

I have attached my latest photos.. :oops: :oops:

Did at KALO JB 30 Dec 06, abt 5 weeks + already, still swell at the tip, hope it subsides soon.. :^o [-o< [-o< [-o<

http://img201.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 358gr.smil

yen :P :P
Thanks for sharing the pic Yen :D
but the pics slideshow won't load for me :(
anybody having the same problem?

imjase

Post by imjase » Mon, 12 Feb 2007 1:48 am

dolphin wrote:Hey there Imjase,

Now that you've mentioned you're a guy, I think Dr Jung would probably be the best choice. He does wonders for male faces, really.
He gives them strong chiselled masculine faces, which I think is what you're looking at. You could ask him to show you some of his past male clientele's faces.

I believe what you're looking at is Mandibular Reduction (reduction of lower facial width. Side effects include uneven shaving ( slight lopsided face! ) and potential paralysis due to injury to the muscles. My advice is to go for botox to relax your jaw first and see if you like the way you look after that. If you do, then perhaps you could plan ahead for more invasive surgery.

Good luck! :)
Hi dolphin,

thanks for the reply and recommendation. Yes I'm thinking about Dr Jung and I'm going to try and get an initial consultation with him via email see how it goes from there - Just a quick question if I get mandibular reduction it doesnt mean that I will lose my strong jawline just the lower face width is reduced?

big-eyes-maymay

scared

Post by big-eyes-maymay » Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:33 am

ellin,

good luck on ur surgery.

By the way, I dunno what's wrong with my injection. now the swelling subside, but it becomes very soft in my face, like when u touch, u don't feel tight skin, u feel lumpy lumpy like that! wanna press pimple also cannot, coz the whole skin like lumpy.

Summore got bruising.

I feel so worried. i don't know how. Was urs like that too?

I don't know what she inject la, she's not trained dr, just a beautician which my fren recommended.

*really regret*

feel like crying. I dare not tell my bf and also my friends. sure everybody scold one.. So I got nobody to share with