Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tenshi
Regular
Regular

Post by tenshi » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 6:37 pm

xmischax

Sometimes these interviews are really worse than pageant interviews. The interview panels scrutinise everything you do and say. Well cannot be helped because cabin crew frontline the image of the carrier and I'm sure they don't want anyone to tarnish their image and reputation. So guess for those of us hopefuls, we just have to bear with it and give it our all! :wink:

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 8:45 pm

tenshi wrote:xmischax

Sometimes these interviews are really worse than pageant interviews. The interview panels scrutinise everything you do and say. Well cannot be helped because cabin crew frontline the image of the carrier and I'm sure they don't want anyone to tarnish their image and reputation. So guess for those of us hopefuls, we just have to bear with it and give it our all! :wink:
lol i know! that`s why i was telling gwen it is even more difficult than pageants! :lol: but then well, like you said, it cannot be helped. i work for sentosa as a attractions & tour host and guess what, the interview is like SIA`s! it`s like the first round and management round combined, and you have to prove yourself in the room of 10 candidates. even a tour guide is selected that way for sentosa, so you really can`t blame SIA`s to be difficult!

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 9:09 am

xmischax
how long will you be working @ the sentosa (tour attractive + guide)?
See the world from a different vantage point

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Ugly hair?

Post by M » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 9:29 am

tenshi wrote:Hey M

Still have some time...go do something about your hair if you think it looks ugly. Give it a good trim and tidy up the straggly ends perhaps :roll:

Just do your best...if they really have an issue about your hair, I'm sure they'll raise it and ask if you'll be willing to change your hairdo.
Haha, I've got it trimed a few days back so it's all good. 8-)

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 6:30 pm

anybody knows when is the next training date?
"City of Ang3Ls"

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 6:36 pm

blancd.. im leaving to spore sooooooon yayyyyyyy!!!!!!! 5th of march baby.. wooohooooooo. finally.. let me know when u get urs.. i think its soon.. cuz a lot of us are leaving..
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 7:04 pm

taurus19 wrote:xmischax
how long will you be working @ the sentosa (tour attractive + guide)?
i`m working there as a attractions & tour guide.. that means i`m based at certain attractions, either sky tower, merlion, images of singapore, musical fountain or fort siloso, and then i do guided tours when needed, either on trams or bringing them to all or one attractions. don`t know how long i`ll be working there, but then it`s fun and it`s like family. probably throughout my studies as the scheduling is very flexible. why why? :)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 7:20 pm

niennaanarion, congrats! :D

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:34 pm

thanks xmischax

oo u work in sentosa.. i havent been there.. wanted to a month ago, but then it was raining all day.. maybe next month.. i'll be seeing u there huh.
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:36 pm

oooh yeahh! i`ll probably be based at sky tower, unless i`m out doing guided tours! say hi if you see me, i`ll have my name tag and all you know. hehe. :D

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 9:57 am

niennaanarion
congrat to you too.. :lol:

by the way how many times did you tried for the overall interview, isit hard? then for the qualification wise, you also show them your A's/ Poly dip + NTU/NUS degree ma or any other private cert ..., (may i know how old are you + are you very tall) if is not convenient to reply over here we cn pm each other?

sorry for asking so much as i am too curious + i really happy for you as you be flying off soon...

then have you started any training yet?

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 9:59 am

xmischax wrote:oooh yeahh! i`ll probably be based at sky tower, unless i`m out doing guided tours! say hi if you see me, i`ll have my name tag and all you know. hehe. :D
xmischax
is this your full time job? if i am not wrong you should be still waiting for your O's result rite?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 4:37 pm

taurus19 wrote:niennaanarion

by the way how many times did you tried for the overall interview, isit hard? then for the qualification wise, you also show them your A's/ Poly dip + NTU/NUS degree ma or any other private cert ..., (may i know how old are you + are you very tall) if is not convenient to reply over here we cn pm each other?

sorry for asking so much as i am too curious + i really happy for you as you be flying off soon...

niennaanarion is from jakarta! she`s coming to singapore to start training on 12 mar.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 4:39 pm

taurus19 wrote:
xmischax wrote:oooh yeahh! i`ll probably be based at sky tower, unless i`m out doing guided tours! say hi if you see me, i`ll have my name tag and all you know. hehe. :D
xmischax
is this your full time job? if i am not wrong you should be still waiting for your O's result rite?
nope, i`m a part timer. i got my o level results last year, i am the nov 2005 batch. i`m 17! :lol: i was in nyp last year but i`ve withdrawn from the course. i`ve just been accepted by nafa and waiting for sp now. :)

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Tue, 06 Feb 2007 10:33 pm

taurus19 wrote:niennaanarion

Hey taurus19,

thank uuu =) as for ur questions, i dont mind answering it here.
it was my 1st try and i got it, I guess i was lucky.. i went there with no grudge and no worries, i didnt care if i got it or not cuz actually im more interested to be working for emirates hehe (but they havent had any interview in jakarta or anywhere in indo for almost 2 years huhu), so i was more relaxed.. usually when u are nervous and want it so bad, u tend to make mistakes, overdo and failed. well thats what happens when i went for my emirates interview in spore.. was so nervoussssssss!!!!!!!! i failed on the 2nd interview.. and they have different recruitment system, emirates do so much group discussions.
Is it hard?hmm honestly No, cuz ive done my homework and research, i know quite a bit about the job (as i have lots of cabin crew friends and i asks tons of questions to them), so i didnt go to the interview by "cuz its a glamorous job" and they did asked what i know about the job.. if u want to know the questions that they asked me, ive posted it on this thread, just track my earlier posts and u'll find it.

as for qualifications, cuz im from indonesia.. for indonesians we have to be university graduates, so we have to have at least bachelor degree to be able to apply. I am 23 yo and im 167cm tall..

i will start my training on the 12th march yayyyyyy!!

feel free to ask me.. hopefully this info is usefull to u somehow hehe

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan