Singapore Expats

Music Industry

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
tosc1111

Music Industry

Post by tosc1111 » Sun, 14 Nov 2004 9:36 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew of vacancies in the Singapore music industry. I have worked for twelve years in the British Record industry, as an A&R Director, working with people like Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, to name a few. Any ideas?

Post by Guest » Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:10 am

If you have those kind of connections, why would you need to post in this site?

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Fri, 19 Nov 2004 2:22 am

Anonymous wrote:If you have those kind of connections, why would you need to post in this site?
And why would you want to work in the Singaporean music industry when it basically doesn't exist? Having to work as Phua Chu Kang's producer must be a punishment straight from the lower pits of hell. Come on, everybody, let's sing the SARS song again!

New SG res...\

music industry

Post by New SG res...\ » Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:15 am

I suggest that if you want to work in the music industry here you should either a) make the connections before you come or b) set up your own company. Either way, you'll have to network in the actual music scene here before you achieve anything. Depends on what you actually want to do really... my impression is that here, you get to be part of a newly developing and thirsty arts scene which is exciting in anyone's language!