Singapore Expats

Nokia Customer Service

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
stranger

Nokia Customer Service

Post by stranger » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 7:05 pm

I bought nokia 6600 last year in Indonesia. Somehow, the light screen is damaged. I took my handphone to nokia customer service at causeway points - woodlands to be repaired. But the customer service there said that they only can repair nokia phone that is bought only in singapore not from other country.

Is this true? Can someone explain to me.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 7:10 pm

Warranties are not always recognized across international boundaries.

stranger

Post by stranger » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 8:19 pm

I'm aware about the warranty's matter and I am willing to pay for the repair service. I just want my handphone to be fixed cos it's a gift from my dad.

I'm sure the customer service staff is not too dumb to think that there's a bomb inside the handphone :wink: .

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 9:16 pm

stranger wrote:I'm aware about the warranty's matter and I am willing to pay for the repair service. I just want my handphone to be fixed cos it's a gift from my dad.

I'm sure the customer service staff is not too dumb to think that there's a bomb inside the handphone :wink: .
Don't think it is a question of them thinking there is a bomb inside. There may be something in their contract that forbids them from repairing a phone still under warranty bought elsewhere. I suggest you contact Nokia's head office and tell them the problem.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 9:33 pm

Nokia Customer Service is an oxymoron in Singapore.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bigfilsing » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 9:35 am

The reason they won;t service the phone is........

As is the case with many others goods there is a large grey market in Singapore. These phones are bought in bulk in other countrys and imported into Singapore. The official channels bare, for instance, all the cost of advertising, the company infrastructure, the service etc and thewrefore are more expensive. If the Nokia service centre starts servicing phones that have not been supplied thru their channels then they are supporting these grey market phones and ruining their own market.
The same happens with cars and motorcycles.

Take it to sim lim and ask the guys. There's a couple of repair boys down there.
Good Luck

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bunty » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 9:46 am

nokia customer service in tampines is very bad.. i had a phone 6280 purchased thro a singtel plan about 6 months ago and suddenly 2 weeks back it started switching off on its own.

took it to the customer care, who said it is to do with software upgrade. they did that but still it did not work., then they said some component insidae was not ok or it could be memory card, they were not very sure what was the problem.... finally they said some component inside was not ok...till the end , they said they are not sure what the exact issue was.
i have complained on the nokia customer line but no response.....

cheers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:52 am

Get on the web and contact support with your requirements.

http://www.nokia.com.sg/nokia/0,,36120,00.html

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bunty » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 12:42 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Get on the web and contact support with your requirements.

http://www.nokia.com.sg/nokia/0,,36120,00.html
i did that as well. they just advise us to go the service center.

stranger

Post by stranger » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 3:37 pm

Anyone ever heard about Blazing Handphone Repair at Toa Payoh? Thanks.