Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: cabin crew

Post by xmischax » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:22 pm

superwoman wrote:Hi cause i understand from friend that they take in middle age woman who's above 30-40yrs even tho they have children. :???:
as a flight stewardess? highly impossible. the flying mothers scheme have already been terminated. you can be 30+ as a flight stewardess provided that you look young, like in your 20s.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:13 am

xmischax wrote:
superwoman wrote:Hi cause i understand from friend that they take in middle age woman who's above 30-40yrs even tho they have children. :???:
as a flight stewardess? highly impossible. the flying mothers scheme have already been terminated. you can be 30+ as a flight stewardess provided that you look young, like in your 20s.
hi ppl, i have check out that the flying mother scheme still have.
See the world from a different vantage point

Hoping_To_Be

Post by Hoping_To_Be » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:21 am

xmischax wrote:

I do know of someone who's currently in her 30s and was in fact accepted by SIA for the FLying Mothers Scheme. She is already a mother of two, but she rejected the offer as she can't bear to part with her kids.

So yes, I guess it's indeed possible.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:37 am

i agree too.

well said. once you are married and got children sure dun bear want.

so i would suggest that to those who are interested to be an air crew or already inside the airline, is good to enjoy enough flying then settle down.
ya i also heard that now the job is quite tiring so got to bear in mind.

to those who are under training, all the best.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Re: just curious

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:45 am

xmischax wrote:
fuschial wrote:Hi guys!

Just a curious thought.. I was wondering how old u guys are. I just chanced upon this forum and from what i gathered some of you are still studying in poly or are in late teens to early 20's? hmmm my friend said that the age limit is around 26?
i`m 17, pretty sure i`m the youngest (or one of the youngest) here. :lol:
xmischax
you look differently woh... :lol:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:46 am

taurus19 wrote:
xmischax wrote:
hi ppl, i have check out that the flying mother scheme still have.
I guess different sources bear different fruits but we sure appreciate accurate ones? 8-)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 1:55 am

the scheme is still alive? i saw a news article saying that it`s been terminated though. mmm.

but then she said they may take in stewardesses who are above 30-40 years old, that`s a bit old isn`t it? that`s why i thought it was highly impossible. 30s maybe, but 40s i don`t think so. unless you look like, scarily young for your age.

taurus19! are you saying that i look old! :lol: nvm, at least i get to go into clubs without the need to use ids :P

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 3:08 am

xmischax wrote:the scheme is still alive? i saw a news article saying that it`s been terminated though. mmm.
I did too, some time ago.
but then she said they may take in stewardesses who are above 30-40 years old, that`s a bit old isn`
:shock: You think so? British Airways and most if not all airlines in the UK plus elsewhere have no upper age limit for cabin crew applicants.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 3:12 am

OHHH! :o that`s rather shocking plavt! somebody pm-ed me here and told me that she went for the SIA interview on the 7th and she was rejected right at the lining up part. they told her that she is too old. that`s really sad, i saw her photo and she looked like she was around 25. but then she got rejected straight away when they saw that she`s 31.. rather unfair but well. nothing we can do about that..

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 3:16 am

i saw somewhere on yahoo answers that somebody wrote:

guy 1: i thought flight attendants should look good! but when i went on united, they looked worse than my mom! and they were so rude!

guy 2: well they looked good and were nice 20 years ago. the thing is that those stewardesses who served us 20 years ago are the same stewardesses today.

don`t know if it`s meant to be a joke but.. not very nice afterall. but that`s how it works, i guess.. :roll:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 3:22 am

xmischax wrote:i saw somewhere on yahoo answers that somebody wrote:

guy 1: i thought flight attendants should look good! but when i went on united, they looked worse than my mom! and they were so rude!

guy 2: well they looked good and were nice 20 years ago. the thing is that those stewardesses who served us 20 years ago are the same stewardesses today.

don`t know if it`s meant to be a joke but.. not very nice afterall. but that`s how it works, i guess.. :roll:
Probably true; as far as I know United is like BA; staff can stay for years; male or female.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 5:43 am

xmischax wrote:taurus19! are you saying that i look old! :lol: nvm, at least i get to go into clubs without the need to use ids :P
LOL! :lol:

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 8:55 am

M wrote:
xmischax wrote:taurus19! are you saying that i look old! :lol: nvm, at least i get to go into clubs without the need to use ids :P
LOL! :lol:
xmischax
:lol: not old just look differently.. anyway are you studying now or working.. i had forgotten... :P

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 8:59 am

hi ppl,
i have one silly question would like to hear your view. those girls that had posted in the SIA website are they e real SQ air crew?

cos as i look thru, they are very beautiful.. of cos wish to be like them..

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 9:04 am

ya another question. will i get higher chance to join as an air crew if i apply difference field of job scope in SIA and after which if it success is it i only go for transfer?