Singapore Expats

SIA Application - Malaysian Steward / Stewardess ( DEC )

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular

Post by stewardwannabe » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 3:47 pm

xmischax wrote:good luck and all the best! may your dreams come true! :D
thanksss... u take caree..:)
SW

karen1918

Post by karen1918 » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 4:10 pm

Good luck to all those who are attending tomorrow's interiview at concorde! Pls share your experience with us!

Cant wait to hear more from all of you :D

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 5:58 pm

you take care too! remember to keep us updated! :wink:

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 9:39 pm

Dear Cornies143,

I've join the airline for 5 months. The working enviroment is fun enuff, you won't bored even flying with different mates everyday...But we do international fligh as well... The pay for a newcomer is around 3k-4k, it is includ allowance and everything...
So Cornies are you a crew yet?
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 9:49 pm

Dear all,

Good luck to those who going for the interview 2mr... Remember do put ur smile on your face all the times... God bless!!
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

viviwawa

Post by viviwawa » Sat, 27 Jan 2007 8:53 am

Thanks ALL !!!
I've put the make up on my face... going out...
I didnt practice any speech... but hope i could be able to answer all the Qs..

So nervous...
keep smilling keep smiling!!!!
(take a deep breathe)

Keep my fingers crossed !!!!!

viviwawa

Post by viviwawa » Sat, 27 Jan 2007 2:05 pm

wuuu.... I'm back..
I didnt make it in the first round, group interview.

I realise most of them have memorized the speech, and those who can speak very fluet and the contents are organized, can get through to the next round, kebaya fit test...

T.T kinda dissapointed, nvm le...

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Sat, 27 Jan 2007 8:32 pm

The interview is like ants.....To mysurprise, there are so few ppl going for it..... Its not something like last the last recruitment at all where its jam packed with ppl...something like in sg.....

Quiet and probably less than 50 or 100 in one session.... and definitely manageable crowd...even i can manage it..lol...

indcisive
Regular
Regular

Post by indcisive » Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:00 pm

I reckon you made it through Calvin? Congrats then.. so did I :) For all we know we might even have chatted.

The turnout wasn't as expected, but then again it is a closed recruitment drive. If it was otherwise, maybe there would be more people. Not that I am complaining though.

Anyways.. good luck to those who are attending the interview tommorrow.

indcisive
Regular
Regular

Post by indcisive » Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:12 pm

viviwawa wrote:wuuu.... I'm back..
I didnt make it in the first round, group interview.

I realise most of them have memorized the speech, and those who can speak very fluet and the contents are organized, can get through to the next round, kebaya fit test...

T.T kinda dissapointed, nvm le...
Hi, sorry to hear that..

Nevertheless, at least now you have an idea on what to prepare for your next try :)

Although the 2nd round is abit tricky, you will need to brush up on your rhetoric skills, read up a little on SIA, and of course ask yourself why you want to join SIA because rest assure that question will pop-up. At least for me it did a few times :)

All the best!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sun, 28 Jan 2007 1:02 am

congrats to those who made it and all the best for the coming rounds of interviews!

for those who didn`t, nvm! you can still try again next time. as long as you know where you can improve on, work on it. don`t give up if you really want it!

:D

bavaniratnam

Post by bavaniratnam » Sun, 28 Jan 2007 2:47 pm

Holla peeps....just got home...diint even make it thru the 1st round..only 3 was selected frm my grp of 10...what a shame...oh well..mayb i was too nervous or diint smile enough...hahah nevertheless..i definitely WILL try again...haha..somehow this diint dampen my spirits...yet..hehe...

flight cat

Post by flight cat » Sun, 28 Jan 2007 3:18 pm

dear viviwawa and bavaniratnam,

i unable to pass the 1st round too...i was tooooooooooo nervous...i am going for my 2nd time for sure..gals,next time we make it together ..ok?

do anyone out there have any idea that how many candidates selected during 27th and 28th?

for everyone who are interested or going to interview soon, actually my point of view after my interview, i found that they are not really focus to ur ans..(though our ans should professional and in SIMPLE PROPER ENGLISH ,SPEAK SLOWLY AND CLEARLY)during the 1st round,they just want to see how 'stable' and how u present urself..all of our question given is the same...so u could ask some gals just coming out from the interview...hope this small piece from me might help for those who are going for the 1st time !

definately i will try again and again..(touchwood! :roll: )i really hope that i can pass through all the rounds and reach my dream....
fly high

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sun, 28 Jan 2007 3:35 pm

hello girls and guys.

like what we have been mentioning a lot at the main thread, for the first round, questions will be the same. they just wanna see how you present yourself, how stable you are, if you are confident and whether you are what they think they are looking for.

throughout the interviews, there`s only that much you can control. so do your preparations well and make yourself what you think the perfect candidate would be like. there`s only this much you can do, the rest really depends on luck. if the interviewers think you`re the one, you can get through even wearing jeans and slippers. if they think you`re not, there`s nothing much you can do too.

so, do your preparations well! stage fright is something you have to overcome. they are just regular people, you know. treat them as a normal person. you know, you probably won`t see them ever again you know. just go and do your thing! they wouldn`t want somebody who will tremble and spill stuff when they like, maybe happen to serve their idol on flight? you know! :lol:

don`t let this "failure" get you down alright. cos there are plenty of chances. seems like all of you know where you`ve gone wrong, cos i knew where i gone wrong roughly when i went for the singapore interviews on the 6th. just don`t give up, you already know how it`s gonna be like. treat it as a learning experience and if you really want it, prepare and improve yourself and try out for the next one!

:wink:

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sun, 28 Jan 2007 3:38 pm

one more thing, speak properly and clearly. pronounce your words and articulate them. don`t speak fast but don`t speak slow too, do it at the speed that you get your point through properly and confidently. make sure they can hear you, but don`t shout too! the last thing you wanna be is either lack of confidence or over confident!

ohh yeahh when you answer the questions, please do answer to the point. keep it as structured and organise as you can.

if you`ve seen the cabin crew interview while waiting, notice how that steward and stewardess spoke?

posture is very important too. the first round is all about how you present and carry yourself.