Singapore Expats

DUROMINE SLIMMING PILLS

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Daisoz

DUROMINE SLIMMING PILLS

Post by Daisoz » Sun, 14 Aug 2005 2:00 am

8) has anyone taken duromine slimming pills? I heard alot of people who has taken the pill SUCCESSFULLY loose like 5kg in 3 weeks.....wow!! :shock:
so if there's anybody who has taken the pill, do share your experience & also what side effects did u encounter?? :P
thanks!

Abby

Duromine

Post by Abby » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 6:25 pm

Hello Daisoz and i just wants to share with u my experience with u on this pill-Duromine. This name is not strange to me since i am in teenage and i start taking it when i was in my sec sch day.... which is about abt 7 yrs ago.

This little small pill can make u feel "awake" the whole day but also makes u feel thirsty the whole day. When i started taking i was happy with the effect but later on i found out that i was addicted to it. This pill works by suppress yr diet and u won't feel hungry for the whole day. On the other hand u will still eat if u stop taking this pill. This is the part when i realised that i was addicted to it.

I sincerely adivsed u not to take it as a daily basis and maybe take on the alternate day. Try to eat a very little bit (3 meal/day) even when u r not hungry. Try not to avoid carbohydrate if u r taking this pill because u need the minimum energy to survive thru the day. Be prepare to suffer from insomia and bad temper as these are the significant side effects of this pill.

I would say this pill is a saviour and a devil in disguise becoz it helps me to lost 8 kgs in 3 mths. On the other hand made me suffer from low sugar level (due to didn't eat as i really don't feel hungry at all) and i fainted once in sch.

If u r trying it pls don't don't take it as a daily basis. $1 per pill and have to get it from doctor but i can tell u it's not hard getting it.

Take care
Abby

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 7:45 pm

Looks like nasty poo to me. I wouldn't put it in my body.

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/consumers/cmi/d/Duromine.htm

Consumer Medicine Information
Duromine™
Phentermine capsules 15mg and 30mg
What is in this leaflet

This leaflet answers some common questions about Duromine. It does not contain all the available information. It does not take the place of talking to your doctor or pharmacist. If you need any more information about Duromine please ask your doctor or pharmacist.

All medicines have risks and benefits. Your doctor has weighed the risk of your taking Duromine against the benefits it can have for you. If you have any concerns about taking this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Keep this leaflet with the medicine. You may want to read it again.

Your medicine

The name of your medicine is Duromine. Duromine capsules contain the active ingredient, phentermine. Phentermine is combined with a resin which slowly releases the phentermine so the effect of Duromine lasts all day.

What Duromine is used for

Duromine is used to reduce body weight in obese or overweight patients. Your doctor will determine if you are overweight enough to use Duromine. Duromine works by directly affecting the area of the brain that controls your appetite making you feel less hungry.

Duromine should be used as a part of an overall weight management plan which should include a medically controlled diet and exercise program.
Duromine is only available with a doctor's prescription. It has been prescribed for you only. Do not give it to anyone else even if their condition is the same as yours. Your doctor may prescribe Duromine for another purpose. If you are not sure why you are taking this medicine ask your doctor.

Note: Duromine is a controlled drug C5. It should be kept in a secure place and under no circumtances should it be given to anyone else.

Before using Duromine

When you must not use Duromine

if you have any of the following medical conditions:
very high blood pressure;
high blood pressure in the lung;
problems with the valves in your heart
disease related to blood vessels in the brain;
severe heart disease including changes in the rhythm or rate of the heart beat;
narrowing of the blood vessels due to thickening or hardening of the blood vessel wall;
overactive thyroid gland;

psychiatric illness including anorexia nervosa (loss of appetite) and depression;

glaucoma (high pressure in the eye)
if you are currently taking, or have taken within the last 14 days, antidepressant medicines from the mono-amine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) class such as phenelzine (eg Nardil) or tranylcypromine (eg Parnate).
if you are allergic to phentermine or to any of the ingredients listed under "Product Description".
if you have previously misused drugs or alcohol
after the "use by" date on the box.

Before you start to use Duromine

Tell your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines:
any medicines for weight reduction
any medicines for depression or obsessive compulsive disorder such as fluoxetine (eg Prozac, Erocap, Lovan, Zactin); sertraline (eg, Zoloft); paroxetine (eg Aropax); clomipramine (eg Anafranil, Placil).
ergot-like medicines for migraine such as ergotamine (eg Cafergot, Ergodryl, Migral)
any cough and cold remedies containing pseudoephedrine, phenylpropanolamine or phenylephrine.
thyroid hormones.
any medication for mental illness
medicines for lowering high blood pressure including clonidine, methyldopa or guanethidine.
any medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Tell your doctor if you:
are pregnant or intending to become pregnant
are breastfeeding
have high blood pressure
have heart disease such as angina (chest pain)
have diabetes
have epilepsy.

Using Duromine

How to take Duromine

In adults and children over 12 years, the usual dose of Duromine is one capsule every day. However, your doctor will prescribe the right dose for you.

Take Duromine first thing in the morning, at breakfast time so that it does not keep you awake at night.

Swallow Duromine capsules with plenty of water. Do not chew or open the capsules.

Follow your doctor's instructions exactly and never change the dose yourself. Increasing the dose may not necessarily make you lose more weight or make you lose weight faster. However you will most likely experience more side effects. Your doctor will tell you how long you are to take Duromine for.

Duromine is not recommended for elderly patients or for children younger than twelve years.

While you are using Duromine

You should regularly visit your doctor for a medical check up.
Tell your doctor immediately if you experience sudden or rapid weight loss, difficulty breathing, chest pain, fainting, swelling of the lower limbs and if you can not exercise as much as you usually can.
Be careful driving or operating machinery until you know how Duromine affects you.

DO NOT drink alcohol whilst taking Duromine.
Check with your doctor or pharmacist before you start to take any cough or cold medication.
If you forget to take Duromine
If you forget to take your Duromine dose at breakfast take it no later than lunchtime. Alternatively, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the normal time on the next day. If you take Duromine any later than lunch-time you may have trouble sleeping at night.
Never take a double dose to make up for a dose you have missed. If you have trouble remembering when to take your medicine, ask your pharmacist for some hints.

Side Effects

All medicines can have side effects and this may occur with the normal use of Duromine. Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are taking Duromine.

Tell your doctor immediately if you experience sudden or rapid weight loss, difficulty breathing, chest pain, fainting, swelling of the lower limbs and if you can not exercise as much as you usually can.
Duromine may make you feel more awake than usual. You may have trouble sleeping.

Duromine can have some effects on the heart. You may notice your heart seems to beat faster and harder, and your blood pressure may be raised slightly.

Other side effects you may notice include irregular heart beats, chest pain, feeling restless, feelings of extreme happiness followed by depression and tiredness, nervousness, tremor (shaking), headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or constipation, stomach cramps, dry mouth or an unpleasant taste in your mouth, difficulty passing urine, skin rashes, impotence and changes in sexual drive, swelling of the face.

If you have any side effect whether it is listed above or not, please tell your doctor.

If you take too much Duromine

If you think that you (or anyone else) may have taken too much Duromine, contact your doctor or Poisons Information Centre (in Australia call 131126; in New Zealand call toll free 0800 POISON or 0800 764 766) or go to the Accident and Emergency department at the nearest hospital.

Storage Conditions

Please keep Duromine in a cool dry place where the temperature stays below 30°C. Keep Duromine capsules in the blister-foil in the carton until it is time to take them. Keep Duromine capsules where children cannot reach them.

Product Description

What Duromine looks like

Duromine capsules are available in Australia in three strengths, 15mg, 30mg or 40mg, in packs of 30 capsules.

Duromine capsules are available in New Zealand in two strengths, 15mg or 30mg, in packs of 30 capsules.

Duromine 15mg capsules:
grey and green and marked DUROMINE 15
AUST R 10941
Duromine 30mg capsules:
grey and reddish brown and marked DUROMINE 30
AUST R 76680
Duromine 40mg capsules:
Grey and orange and marked DUROMINE 40
AUST R 10942

Ingredients

Duromine capsules contain phentermine, lactose, liquid paraffin, magnesium stearate, gelatin, titanium dioxide, carbon black (CI 77266). In addition, Duromine 15mg contains brilliant blue FCF (CI 42090), iron oxide yellow (CI 77492); Duromine 30mg contains iron oxide red (CI 77491); Duromine 40mg contains erythrosine (CI 45430), sunset yellow FCF (CI 15985). Duromine capsules are gluten-free.

Sponsor
DUROMINE is manufactured and supplied in Australia by:

3M Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
9-15 Chilvers Road
Thornleigh NSW 2120
Australia

DUROMINE is distributed in New Zealand by:

3M New Zealand Limited
250 Archers Road
Glenfield
Auckland.

This leaflet was prepared in March 2003.

daphne

how to get if we are in acceptable range?

Post by daphne » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:48 pm

hi abby,

is it really easy to get the pills?

which clinic did u go?

cos i'm in the acceptable range and heard tt docs usually wouldn't give.

thanx!

cutedevil

Re: Duromine

Post by cutedevil » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 4:52 pm

hi abby...juz like to check which clinic actually sell tat? if possible can u email me @
[email protected]
i reallie need the medicine desperately...

Abby wrote:Hello Daisoz and i just wants to share with u my experience with u on this pill-Duromine. This name is not strange to me since i am in teenage and i start taking it when i was in my sec sch day.... which is about abt 7 yrs ago.

This little small pill can make u feel "awake" the whole day but also makes u feel thirsty the whole day. When i started taking i was happy with the effect but later on i found out that i was addicted to it. This pill works by suppress yr diet and u won't feel hungry for the whole day. On the other hand u will still eat if u stop taking this pill. This is the part when i realised that i was addicted to it.

I sincerely adivsed u not to take it as a daily basis and maybe take on the alternate day. Try to eat a very little bit (3 meal/day) even when u r not hungry. Try not to avoid carbohydrate if u r taking this pill because u need the minimum energy to survive thru the day. Be prepare to suffer from insomia and bad temper as these are the significant side effects of this pill.

I would say this pill is a saviour and a devil in disguise becoz it helps me to lost 8 kgs in 3 mths. On the other hand made me suffer from low sugar level (due to didn't eat as i really don't feel hungry at all) and i fainted once in sch.

If u r trying it pls don't don't take it as a daily basis. $1 per pill and have to get it from doctor but i can tell u it's not hard getting it.

Take care
Abby

idarita

Re: DUROMINE SLIMMING PILLS

Post by idarita » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:09 am

Daisoz wrote:8) has anyone taken duromine slimming pills? I heard alot of people who has taken the pill SUCCESSFULLY loose like 5kg in 3 weeks.....wow!! :shock:
so if there's anybody who has taken the pill, do share your experience & also what side effects did u encounter?? :P
thanks!
i'm currently taking this pills for 3 days actually...well you have to bear with the side effects. i take 1 capsule every morning,straight after small breakfast. i ate 3 chocolate biscuits only! coz chocolates is energy.(to me) then after few hrs i felt like vommiting,headache,don't feel like eating anything. I won't feel hungry at all till the next day.. but I feel very very very thirsty...feels like dehydration...and i perpire alot. but the whole day i am sooo hardworking! i do extra extra household chores(actually i'm the type of person that a bit lazy to do household chores..heehee)
so....how do you feel going to bed with empty stomach??? that's right... CAN'T SLEEP! that's the worst side of Duromine's side effects....but i only keep thinking of losing weight no matter that i had been 3 days i had not enough sleep...i get to sleep at 4am this 3 days..very sleepy now.. but stll can't sleep...

i gave birth 10 months ago but my weight shoot up to 70kgs!
its overweight for my height 160cm... so i can't wait to see how much i will lose weight with this Duromine in 1 mth time.
i will keep up to date here...

from...
Idarita

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Loops » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:06 am

You probably can't sleep because the pills have got amphetamine in them in some form or another - which is a class A drug in many places. If you bought it on the street it would be called 'speed' or 'whizz'.

Slimming pills like this are just a form of amphetamine, processed under controlled conditions.

I'm surprised you can get them here with Singapore being so strict on drugs!

Where did you get them? I could do with some for my next night out :D

idarita

Post by idarita » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:36 am

Loops wrote:You probably can't sleep because the pills have got amphetamine in them in some form or another - which is a class A drug in many places. If you bought it on the street it would be called 'speed' or 'whizz'.

Slimming pills like this are just a form of amphetamine, processed under controlled conditions.

I'm surprised you can get them here with Singapore being so strict on drugs!

Where did you get them? I could do with some for my next night out :D
class A drugs!
WoW...
i got them from a clinic in Jurong. I didnt know that this drug is illegal or not.
but the doctors prescribe them to me...i think it is illegal...hope so...

Thx for the info anyway
Idarita

[url]http://yunaluvimran.ws
Image[/url]

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Loops » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:59 am

dont worry, it is probably legal or you wouldn't be able to get them here through a proper doctor.

But they are probably not good for you .......in reality.

how is the weight loss going on them?

you could try cutting them into half and just taking half each day instead of a whole one. That might help you with your sleep. But really, they are most likely bad for you. I've yet to come across such a slimming pill that isn't!

pinkypink11

Post by pinkypink11 » Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:59 pm

hmmm i just took duromine for about 2 weeks plus.
and my supply finished alr!!
anyone has duromine that he/she doesn't wanna take?
sell to me!
hahaha
i forgot which doctor i got it from alr!

timinc

Post by timinc » Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:30 pm

well... why don't y'all check out extrim or xando which is available at the pharmacy chains?
it cuts out all the yucky & icky side effects duromine & whatever else gives.
otherwise, i know of an american brand which uses the same base ingredient (a natural soy extract) but is 45% discounted as compared to extrim & xando.

verityy

Slimming Pills

Post by verityy » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:39 am

In celebration of the New Year, the Moderators' Cabal has come up with new guidelines for what's OK and what's not when it comes to commercial posting and advertising. The purpose of publishing this is to ensure maximum information with minimal disruption and so we all know where the edges of the sandbox are, mmmkay?

* No identical or near-identical copies of postings.

This also includes dredging up umpteen old threads and posting messages advertising the same business, even if their contents are marginally different.

elechoochoo

Post by elechoochoo » Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:31 am

Please advertise in the Classified section of this site. It's Free!

sms

kelcop

Re: Duromine

Post by kelcop » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 1:38 pm

Hi Abby or anyone else that can help me!

I am in Australia and i am looking for DUROMINE! It is REALLY hard to get in Australia and i hear its pretty easy to get over there! can any one PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!!

please contact me if you can!! I HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE SOON!

thanks! :cry:

Abby wrote:Hello Daisoz and i just wants to share with u my experience with u on this pill-Duromine. This name is not strange to me since i am in teenage and i start taking it when i was in my sec sch day.... which is about abt 7 yrs ago.

Take care
Abby

boonhong24

Post by boonhong24 » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 5:15 pm

Esther,

As what you are proposing is illegal in Singapore, I have deleted the text of your post. If you don't want to have your account locked, please do not suggest illegal activities again.

Thanks,

Esther Tan