Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 2:43 am

no matter what, you have to try to know! you never know until you try and before you even try, the only thing that can stop you is yourself! so do go try if you`re really interested yeahh! :wink:

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 1:00 pm

they did have the flying mothers programme but it has been taken off already if i am not wrong
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 4:57 pm

I read in the Straits Times some time ago they had scrapped it as too many people wanted to use the rostering facility for reasons other than family. That was some time ago so whether they did or not I don't know.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 6:01 pm

yeahh i read that too, the programme has already been terminated.

but then if you don`t mind the scheduling, then try it out. it doesn`t matter if you`re a mother or not, what matters is if you`re okay with the scheduling, which means spending lots of time away from your kids..

xuetingg

Post by xuetingg » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 6:47 pm

xmischax wrote:yeahh i read that too, the programme has already been terminated.

but then if you don`t mind the scheduling, then try it out. it doesn`t matter if you`re a mother or not, what matters is if you`re okay with the scheduling, which means spending lots of time away from your kids..
Oh..... No more flying mother scheme already....
Is it true that once you are pregnant, you have to resign the job(cabin crew) for sq?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 6:58 pm

xuetingg wrote:Oh..... No more flying mother scheme already....
Is it true that once you are pregnant, you have to resign the job(cabin crew) for sq?
Within a specified time period unless I am mistaken.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 7:02 pm

i don`t think so. from what i know, pregnant cabin crew will be grounded and transferred to do admin and ground duties till they are fit to fly again, unless that is if you wanna resign.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:58 pm

i tot they ll ask you to resign. i got a fren, she quitted sq wen she is pregnant bt now she's back flying and still studying her pt degree course
See the world from a different vantage point

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 1:46 am

xmischax wrote:i don`t think so. from what i know, pregnant cabin crew will be grounded and transferred to do admin and ground duties till they are fit to fly again, unless that is if you wanna resign.
This has been mentioned before; according to what I read (can't remember who wrote it), the contract stipulates you must not become pregnant during the first eighteen months of employment. There was also some mention of somebody having to quit on account of failure to adhere to this.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 6:50 am

maybe that`s why her friend resigned?

taurus19, did your friend resign or did she just took a break? cos like you said, she`s back flying already.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 6:59 am

batch 902, how`s the training so far? i hope goooood! :D

ningie

Re: hi~

Post by ningie » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 9:01 am

qinggx wrote:
xuetingg wrote: Hi qinggx,

I think there is one in NP soon...

Btw, do you know when the successful applicants from your school are going for the water confident test?
I've got no idea when they are going for water confidence test :? Sorry.. But I know after the first interview we had last friday, the sia people ask them to wait for their call for the kerbaya testing..
Hi Qinggx,

U mean those whom had handed up their application form through NP have already got notification for the interview already?

Is the interview held in NP?

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 1:52 pm

xmischax wrote:maybe that`s why her friend resigned?

taurus19, did your friend resign or did she just took a break? cos like you said, she`s back flying already.
xmischax
should be resign from what i know after she knew she is pregnant.

after a year later, she decided to come out and work but the salary she had asked was too low for her den after some time of consideration, she decided to go back and fly again.

anyway she feel tat e salary inside e sq is much more better den outside's pay.

from wat i know she has been flying for months and 1 mro thing if i am not wrong during the lst half year she is not allowed to change e routing until she had serve fully a year or so

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 2:00 pm

anyway i have to contact her again and ask. so for the time being this will be the answer.

i remember the last time i saw her, she had silm down a lot and still very beautiful but dint manage to chat with her more cos i am busy playin wif her baby. as for now i also seldom contact her cos i had accidentally del her nos so have to ask from her again. :lol:

anyway if i have any up-to-date news will inform u all.
:wink:

superwoman

cabin crew

Post by superwoman » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:13 pm

Hi cause i understand from friend that they take in middle age woman who's above 30-40yrs even tho they have children. :???: